Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Euthanasia legislation passed Holy Moses

Unread post by Nelson » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 9:17 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 9:10 am
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 8:07 am
In relation to the Pay Grab scenario, surely life insurance is null & void if the death is constructed?
Suicide is generally ruled out isn't it? Not sure whether euthanasia would circumvent that as it would technically be carried out by others? As macabre as it sounds it is an interesting scenario. Will the terminally ill be granted an "early pay out" by means of euthanasia or will they be forced to "work" for the money and see it out to the end to make sure their families are financially taken care of?
The market will decide. If insurers choose not to pay in those circumstances you can be sure other insurers will and that's where the business will go. The threshhold is two medical professionals certifying that they are likely to die in the next 12 months so these are payouts that are going to have to be made at some point in the near future anyway.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 9:21 am

Nelson wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 9:17 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 9:10 am
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 8:07 am
In relation to the Pay Grab scenario, surely life insurance is null & void if the death is constructed?
Suicide is generally ruled out isn't it? Not sure whether euthanasia would circumvent that as it would technically be carried out by others? As macabre as it sounds it is an interesting scenario. Will the terminally ill be granted an "early pay out" by means of euthanasia or will they be forced to "work" for the money and see it out to the end to make sure their families are financially taken care of?
The market will decide. If insurers choose not to pay in those circumstances you can be sure other insurers will and that's where the business will go. The threshhold is two medical professionals certifying that they are likely to die in the next 12 months so these are payouts that are going to have to be made at some point in the near future anyway.
Ah OK, thanks for the clarification.
I'm the least you could do, if only life was easy as you...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Abraham
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Abraham » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 12:52 pm

Personally i am opposed, but i would not want to stop another person from making taking this option if they sincerely wanted to.

So as long as appropriately strict measures are put in place to minimise the risk of people being wrongly euthanised, under instruction from either greedy family members or over-strectched health departments, then i wouldn't want to tell another person what to do in this situation.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 7:42 am

If the person is terminal and suffering, they should be given the choice.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 7:54 am

If no choice I am quite happy enough to die out in the surf on a good strong day, could not think of a better way. It almost happened once and did not frighten me at all, no panic just took all in my stride - was exciting actually.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 8:42 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 24 Oct, 2017 7:54 am
If no choice I am quite happy enough to die out in the surf on a good strong day, could not think of a better way. It almost happened once and did not frighten me at all, no panic just took all in my stride - was exciting actually.
Yeah I've been caught in a rip before and exciting would be the last word I'd use to describe that experience.
I'm the least you could do, if only life was easy as you...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:56 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 24 Oct, 2017 8:42 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 24 Oct, 2017 7:54 am
Yeah I've been caught in a rip before and exciting would be the last word I'd use to describe that experience.
Mine was not in a rip they are scary. I was out very far and deep when Maroubra was closed due to being big and dangerous, was completely buggered and went down 3 times and only came up twice - until somehow regained consciousness in the gully completely okay not spitting water or anything, all calm about 50 yards further in than I estimated being. As absolutely no one else on the beach I have no witnesses to what happened. Just got out of water and collapsed until incoming tide woke me up. I was no longer scared of death due to that.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Munk
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Munk » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 8:35 am

You have some good stories.

happy tiger
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:37 pm

Look if the patient has made an attempt to cure their ailment and they have reached the point of no return and are in pain people deserve to die with dignity

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by formerguest » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:41 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:37 pm
Look if the patient has made an attempt to cure their ailment and they have reached the point of no return and are in pain people deserve to die with dignity
Good to see you back, and yes, they certainly deserve a choice.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:44 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:41 pm
happy tiger wrote:
It was this very issues that lead me away from the Forum unfortunately FG

Thanks mate for the welcome

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 184 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:10 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:44 pm
formerguest wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

You OK now?
Didnt seem too happy 7 months back...have a read of Dogs fans thought on Woods, that'll cheer u up

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:43 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:10 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:44 pm
formerguest wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

You OK now?
Didnt seem too happy 7 months back...have a read of Dogs fans thought on Woods, that'll cheer u up
Without going too much into why I wanted out I had two family members diagnosed with untreatable cancer within a short time frame and given only weeks to live within days of each other

I wanted to focus on my family but was concerned my addiction to this place so at one stage thought the best way out was to get kicked off

To see the complete different way cancer took their lives was downright horrible

The first passed with little pain but horrible amounts of cancer riddled throughout her body , the other passed 15 days ago and was getting radiation treatment to kill the nerves around the affected areas to try and reduce the pain

They were totally bed bound , in a neck to hip brace because of a fall that broke a rib and a bone in their spinal column above where the bone cancer was in their spinal column as well as battling esophygal cancer caused by reflux

He should of been able to pass with dignity and grace instead of being unable to recognize his children or grandchildren even a week before he passed and crying because of the pain

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 184 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:53 pm

Sorry to hear that...tough times

Sometimes in times like that, something such as this is good to take you away from it for a short time. Too much focus in troubled times can overwhelm you and a breather can be helpful, this place can be a small welcome distraction for the big gig that is life, family and all that goes with it

Each to their own of course as everyones different

Good to see you back though Hap

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:46 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:53 pm
Sorry to hear that...tough times

Sometimes in times like that, something such as this is good to take you away from it for a short time. Too much focus in troubled times can overwhelm you and a breather can be helpful, this place can be a small welcome distraction for the big gig that is life, family and all that goes with it

Each to their own of course as everyones different

Good to see you back though Hap
Thanks Ink

Its just been one of those years , you think it can't get worse and unfortunately it has :(

"The darkest hour is still only 60 minutes" , I'm sure as hell sick of the overtime

Earl
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 83 times

Unread post by Earl » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 10:20 pm

Sorry to hear that news.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi Happy, very sorry to hear of your troubles. Many of us have being through that trial and when they ask to be put down we are p.ssweak but society is learning and things are changing quickly. If it was your mother don't expect to ever forget.

Return to “General Discussion”