Been liked: 10 times

Re: Euthanasia legislation passed Holy Moses

Unread post by Milky » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:18 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 4:58 pm
Milky wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 3:56 pm
Strongly oppose Euthanasia.

Hindering the natural death process. Hope it doesn't pass.

I feel for those who have it tough towards the end of their life. However, every way you look at this, it's suicide.
What's the point of chemo then? That's hindering the natural death process.
Thats different though.

Chemo attempts to keep someone living, it doesn't keep them 100% living. Euthanasia instantly kills a person.

Lidcombe Magpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by Lidcombe Magpie » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:19 pm

Milky wrote:

I feel for those who have it tough towards the end of their life. However, every way you look at this, it's suicide.
You have obviously never watched a close relative die a slow and agonising death from cancer. Watch a love one cry from pain and prey for a quick end and then tell me what you think.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:36 pm

Milky wrote:

If you have ever watched a loved one die a long and painful death you perhaps would not feel that way.It is not promoting suicide but allows a person to die with dignity.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:12 am
Good. . . . A bit of dignity

Can't see too many opposing this
A step in the right direction for sure.

Milky

Unread post by Milky » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:45 pm

Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:19 pm
Milky wrote:

You have obviously never watched a close relative die a slow and agonising death from cancer. Watch a love one cry from pain and prey for a quick end and then tell me what you think.
I have watched a close relative die slowly, not from cancer though.

My argument still stands.

Would a person not rather die fighting?

Have we neglected the duty that rises upon the person committing the act. This will increase suicide. People may make the wrong decisions, what if they would have beaten cancer?

It is going to become the resolution to many problems. But is it the right resolution?

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:58 pm

I think Milky raises some interesting discussion in this debate, but I also feel legalising is a good thing if the legislation is drafter correctly.

While our doctors do a great job, they are from time to time too aligned to the oath they have taken. I have known many families who have had to endure watching thier loved ones go through such pain.

Has anyone seen the legislation, and how much scope it allows?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Milky

Unread post by Milky » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 6:02 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:58 pm
I think Milky raises some interesting discussion in this debate, but I also feel legalising is a good thing if the legislation is drafter correctly.

While our doctors do a great job, they are from time to time too aligned to the oath they have taken. I have known many families who have had to endure watching thier loved ones go through such pain.

Has anyone seen the legislation, and how much scope it allows?
Here is the NSW Bill

https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/bills ... _House.pdf

Milky

Unread post by Milky » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 6:06 pm

Just a quick point...

As a consequence of the terminal illness, the person has been experiencing severe pain,
suffering or physical incapacity to an extent unacceptable to the person.

Part of the NSW Bill, ambiguous to an extent. How would an objective person define severe pain?

Wagga Tiger
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Wagga Tiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 6:18 pm

Milky wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:45 pm
Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Milky wrote:

Have we neglected the duty that rises upon the person committing the act. This will increase suicide. People may make the wrong decisions, what if they would have beaten cancer?

It is going to become the resolution to many problems. But is it the right resolution?
To me this is a really ignorant statement Milky, I watched my Mother and my Mother in Law fight cancer with everything they had and it still got to the point they could fight no more but lay in a bed and turn into some sad parody of what they used to be. Days and days of pain and not even able to say goodbye to their families just laying there "living" . I know what choice they would have made if they were able and having gone through it twice I would back any one to make that decision to leave this world with dignity.

Milky

Unread post by Milky » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 6:32 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 6:18 pm
Milky wrote:
Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Milky wrote:

To me this is a really ignorant statement Milky, I watched my Mother and my Mother in Law fight cancer with everything they had and it still got to the point they could fight no more but lay in a bed and turn into some sad parody of what they used to be. Days and days of pain and not even able to say goodbye to their families just laying there "living" . I know what choice they would have made if they were able and having gone through it twice I would back any one to make that decision to leave this world with dignity.
Thats your opinion and I respect that.

However, other factors need to be considered when passing legislation.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother and mother in law.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 7:23 pm

Afraid this is another of those topics that finds logic and bibles drawn at ten paces.

Nelson
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 69 times

Unread post by Nelson » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 7:46 pm

Milky wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 6:06 pm
Just a quick point...

As a consequence of the terminal illness, the person has been experiencing severe pain,
suffering or physical incapacity to an extent unacceptable to the person.

Part of the NSW Bill, ambiguous to an extent. How would an objective person define severe pain?
It doesn't matter because that is a purely subjective condition that is not subject to Supreme Court review. The patient just has to certify that they are suffering etc. to an extent unacceptable to them. It is not a tough club model where people will be told to harden up, it's a free choice model. It may not pass in that form but that's how that bill is framed.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 8:26 pm

Milky wrote:

Isn't having a Doctor cutting out a malignant tumour also hindering the natural death process?
Or putting a donated heart in someone who would otherwise have died.
Aren't you having two bob each way?
Every day the natural death process is hindered somewhere in some way.

Lidcombe Magpie
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by Lidcombe Magpie » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:07 pm

Milky wrote:
Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Milky wrote:

Milky, my Father in Law died 12 mths ago today. He was given 6 mths to live and fought for 16 mths and by then he was spent and died a terribly difficult death. Nobody and I repeat nobody should be forced to endure such pain and kept alive against his will. It is cruel and evil that he was not given his wish to die.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:17 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 6:18 pm
Milky wrote:
Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Milky wrote:

I have bent and broken the law for many a good cause and never for otherwise. The only time I felt p.ssweak in not breaking the law was when my mother asked me to end her life, I did not realise then the pain she was going to suffer in the next nine months, she had cancer everywhere. The only time I was p.ssweak in not wanting to face the cops, I have proudly faced off the cops since a youngster. When carrying her to the toilet her bones were crumbling. She could not pass waste due to the cancer spreading to her bowels etc. etc., you guys are lucky it is after dinnertime. She said that when she dies she is going to break God's neck for giving her cancer. That's the spirit mum. If someone was being abused she would stand up for them etc etc.. She eventually turned atheist over it.
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:24 pm

My mother did not say good bye to us, she was like in a stupor. But I made a one hour video of her when she was still strong to play after she died - did she tell everyone off who deserved it etc etc, as well as having everyone in stitches. Were there red faces galore ha ha ha.

Her last words were speaking on phone to her brother with another brother alongside - "how do you think I feel, I am doing the quickstep with your brother but he can't keep up with me!"
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:54 pm

Broken by Ray Davies of Kinks fame

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:27 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:04 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:57 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:12 am
Good. . . . A bit of dignity

Can't see too many opposing this
Many legislators did oppose but was eventually passed 47-37 but still has to pass the upper chamber yet. It was a big hypocrisy the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) opposing euthanasia legislation but effectively practising it in their palliative care hospitals and charging a fortune for it as well. Now the RCC will be cut off at the Khyber Pass and will make a lot less money out of people dying and squeezing every drop out of breath and buck out of them and the health care system.
I thought long and hard as to how to reply to your disgraceful and bigoted posting. I am still at a loss.

I only hope that one day you never have to go to one of the wonderful palliative care hospitals. But if you do, you and yours will have a very different view to what you spewed out above.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
you are kidding aren't you - i think BBF was having a go at the Catholic Church who have made a buck out of everything that exists. I saw no malice towards respectable organisations.

Return to “General Discussion”