Euthanasia legislation passed Holy Moses

General Social Discussion
Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 48 times

Euthanasia legislation passed Holy Moses

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 8:39 am

Amazingly the Victorian government has passed legislation permitting euthanasia or assisted dying. They went at it for about 26 hours overnight. Good on them. Extremely sick were having terrible deaths stretched out over years - we would kill a horse for a lot less. I feel better already.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:12 am

Good. . . . A bit of dignity

Can't see too many opposing this

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:57 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:12 am

Many legislators did oppose but was eventually passed 47-37 but still has to pass the upper chamber yet. It was a big hypocrisy the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) opposing euthanasia legislation but effectively practising it in their palliative care hospitals and charging a fortune for it as well. Now the RCC will be cut off at the Khyber Pass and will make a lot less money out of people dying and squeezing every drop out of breath and buck out of them and the health care system.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:05 am

innsaneink wrote:

Unfortunately some will(Abbott is a certainty).

Chicken Faced Killa
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:22 am

This can only be a good thing. It’s horrible hearing someone say they are ready to die for years because of the lack of quality of life and there being nothing you can do for them

Yossarian
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 106 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:39 am

As BFF said it still has to pass the upper house. No idea what the numbers are like there.

magpiecol
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:04 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:57 am
innsaneink wrote:

Many legislators did oppose but was eventually passed 47-37 but still has to pass the upper chamber yet. It was a big hypocrisy the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) opposing euthanasia legislation but effectively practising it in their palliative care hospitals and charging a fortune for it as well. Now the RCC will be cut off at the Khyber Pass and will make a lot less money out of people dying and squeezing every drop out of breath and buck out of them and the health care system.
I thought long and hard as to how to reply to your disgraceful and bigoted posting. I am still at a loss.

I only hope that one day you never have to go to one of the wonderful palliative care hospitals. But if you do, you and yours will have a very different view to what you spewed out above.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:05 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:04 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

I thought long and hard as to how to reply to your disgraceful and bigoted posting. I am still at a loss.

I only hope that one day you never have to go to one of the wonderful palliative care hospitals. But if you do, you and yours will have a very different view to what you spewed out above.

The irony.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:30 am

magpiecol wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

I took my mother out of one in Sydney only after one night - she requested me to. They only wanted to drug her into unconsciousness as well as not providing decent nursing service. Those drugs did the same as delayed euthanasia only not by name and only after they made a fortune out of it. She kept consciousness and cracked fúnnies until a few days before her death - that is what family is for.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 1:17 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Won't need to go into to palliative care in Victoria if the upper house pass the bill.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 1:51 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 1:17 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Won't need to go into to palliative care in Victoria if the upper house pass the bill.
if OS is an example there will be ques across the Albury to Dr Death's clinic

Lidcombe Magpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by Lidcombe Magpie » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 3:02 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:39 am
As BFF said it still has to pass the upper house. No idea what the numbers are like there.
I heard on Triple J yesterday that it easier in the Vic senate than the lower house. But who really knows.

They vote on this in the lower house in NSW next month. I really hope it passes in all States of Australia it is the only way people can die with dignity.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 3:34 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:05 am
innsaneink wrote:

Unfortunately some will(Abbott is a certainty).
It should be made compulsory for him

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 3:56 pm

Strongly oppose Euthanasia.

Hindering the natural death process. Hope it doesn't pass.

I feel for those who have it tough towards the end of their life. However, every way you look at this, it's suicide.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 4:05 pm

Milky wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 3:56 pm

I feel for those who have it tough towards the end of their life. However, every way you look at this, it's suicide.
If we agree that it is suicide then that is okay in my book. I know many people whose relo went through horrible deaths and they are all for it, their sick relos was pleading for it as well. The ultimate stage of liberty.

yeti
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by yeti » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 4:21 pm

Milky wrote:

"The natural death process..."? Milky in today's world there is no 'natural death process'. From childhood inoculations, to the plethora of prescription drugs to treat everything from high blood pressure to obesity, to the ingestion of every mineral and herb known to man, we are constantly attempting to eliminate or at least stave off the natural death process. In many cases because of western medicine we outlive our body's natural capacity for life itself.
To watch people die long and painful yet inevitable deaths is one of the most tragic sights to witness.
Bring it on I say.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 4:58 pm

Milky wrote:

What's the point of chemo then? That's hindering the natural death process.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:04 pm

Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 3:02 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:39 am
I heard on Triple J yesterday that it easier in the Vic senate than the lower house. But who really knows.

They vote on this in the lower house in NSW next month. I really hope it passes in all States of Australia it is the only way people can die with dignity.
Heard the opposite and that the numbers were much tighter in the upper house, but that was on Murdoch's pie in the Sky News which only pictures on the far right of the screen.

Return to “General Discussion”