Climate Change Thread.

General Social Discussion
magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3089
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Climate Change Thread.

Post by magpiecol » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:21 pm

Greatest con job in the history of the world.

Unbelievable that some people still believe this crap. You know what the so called "climate changes" used to be called?

Seasons.


Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4621
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 1:15 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:21 pm
Greatest con job in the history of the world.

Unbelievable that some people still believe this crap. You know what the so called "climate changes" used to be called?

Seasons.
I had an agricultural/horticultural consultant visit my farm about 40 years ago and he informed me then of the changes that climate change were making to growing things. Experts can differentiate between seasons and extra-ordinary climate patterns.

You try telling your crap to residents of some parts of Canada who can no longer have lawn. Due to the soil heating up slightly compared to before, now worms can survive further north and the birds come and dig them up below the lawn. Told to me by a Canadian chippie.

Have respect for yourself by not making a fool of yourself.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3534
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 12:42 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 1:15 am
magpiecol wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:21 pm
Greatest con job in the history of the world.

Unbelievable that some people still believe this crap. You know what the so called "climate changes" used to be called?

Seasons.
I had an agricultural/horticultural consultant visit my farm about 40 years ago and he informed me then of the changes that climate change were making to growing things. Experts can differentiate between seasons and extra-ordinary climate patterns.

You try telling your crap to residents of some parts of Canada who can no longer have lawn. Due to the soil heating up slightly compared to before, now worms can survive further north and the birds come and dig them up below the lawn. Told to me by a Canadian chippie.

Have respect for yourself by not making a fool of yourself.
Thank god for our geographical isolation and thorough biosecurity protocols. Imagine if worms got into our lawns.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5001
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 12:49 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 12:42 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 1:15 am
magpiecol wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:21 pm
Greatest con job in the history of the world.

Unbelievable that some people still believe this crap. You know what the so called "climate changes" used to be called?

Seasons.
I had an agricultural/horticultural consultant visit my farm about 40 years ago and he informed me then of the changes that climate change were making to growing things. Experts can differentiate between seasons and extra-ordinary climate patterns.

You try telling your crap to residents of some parts of Canada who can no longer have lawn. Due to the soil heating up slightly compared to before, now worms can survive further north and the birds come and dig them up below the lawn. Told to me by a Canadian chippie.

Have respect for yourself by not making a fool of yourself.
Thank god for our geographical isolation and thorough biosecurity protocols. Imagine if worms got into our lawns.
Maybe we can export those protected rats with wings “ Ibises”to Canada they love worms in the grass another inspirational desicion by politions to ruin our suburbs which also includes Bats.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3089
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 2:14 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 1:15 am
magpiecol wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:21 pm
Greatest con job in the history of the world.

Unbelievable that some people still believe this crap. You know what the so called "climate changes" used to be called?

Seasons.
I had an agricultural/horticultural consultant visit my farm about 40 years ago and he informed me then of the changes that climate change were making to growing things. Experts can differentiate between seasons and extra-ordinary climate patterns.

You try telling your crap to residents of some parts of Canada who can no longer have lawn. Due to the soil heating up slightly compared to before, now worms can survive further north and the birds come and dig them up below the lawn. Told to me by a Canadian chippie.

Have respect for yourself by not making a fool of yourself.

:roll :crazy


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28990
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 2:27 pm

Very nice retort Col..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17539
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 2:52 pm

Once again Col asserts his position without refuting anyone and using crazy emojis.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3089
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 7:09 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 2:52 pm
Once again Col asserts his position without refuting anyone and using crazy emojis.
:righton:

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 7:35 pm

Dont bag out climate change, it has produced a lucrative industry that some of us are enjoying ;-)

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4621
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 8:30 pm

As a child I can remember visiting rural households that did not have electricity, maybe none for 50 miles. You may be surprised but we did not die or feel deprived, was just part of life. There wind up gramophones, movie projectors, manual clothes wringers, manual cream separators, manual corn seed separator etc. etc.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 889
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 9:36 am

I was listening to an Archaeologist talk about ancient Rome. There are a few theories about why that empire collapsed.
1. talks about how some colonies were infected with a plague near the empire collapse. (In fact a reason Christians became popular because they would help people bury their dead, everyone else outcasted the survivors. naturally this was before the collapse of Rome)
2. Volcano's. Essentially Rome froze, there were several volcano's that erupted near the fall of the empire and it is believed that this effected crops and food supply.

What does all this say: We don't know the exact cause of the fall of the Roman empire. We do know however that it fell! We don't know if we will see a temperature rise of 2c or 4c. We do know that even on the small side of the rise people will die. Anyway, is there a skeptic out there who want's to start some nice fiddle background music while I bury the bodies?

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4621
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 10:06 am

Watching foreign news I hear that the rate of heat stroke is increasing in the Philippines and warnings are given to stay protected.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2202
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 2:37 pm

Apparently we should be more concerned about Kebab's than we are of Global Warming!

The EU are looking at banning kebabs!

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9830
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 2:45 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 2:37 pm
Apparently we should be more concerned about Kebab's than we are of Global Warming!

The EU are looking at banning kebabs!
BS !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2202
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 3:57 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 2:45 pm
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 2:37 pm
Apparently we should be more concerned about Kebab's than we are of Global Warming!

The EU are looking at banning kebabs!
BS !
No BS, they seriously are looking into it. Something to do with the phosphates added that is causing obesity and heart problems.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17539
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 4:19 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 3:57 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 2:45 pm
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 2:37 pm
Apparently we should be more concerned about Kebab's than we are of Global Warming!

The EU are looking at banning kebabs!
BS !
No BS, they seriously are looking into it. Something to do with the phosphates added that is causing obesity and heart problems.
May as well neck myself now.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2202
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 5:34 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 4:19 pm
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 3:57 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 2:45 pm
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 2:37 pm
Apparently we should be more concerned about Kebab's than we are of Global Warming!

The EU are looking at banning kebabs!
BS !
No BS, they seriously are looking into it. Something to do with the phosphates added that is causing obesity and heart problems.
May as well neck myself now.
I know, a night out on the town is not complete with a stop at a kebab shop.

Appreciate that there is a level of concern for our health but why not label it and move on. I am getting sick of decision makers turning the world into a nanny state.

Global warming is a global problem and should be something the EU looks at, kebabs are an individuals decision and will only harm the individual who consumes excess amounts, i cant believe they are even looking at this - unless there is a political agenda behind it? Probably Maccas pushing for the ban. :D

Post Reply