Donations

General Social Discussion
happy tiger

Donations

Post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:03 am

Hi All

I'm trying to find out how I'd go about something that I believe many Australians would be interested in (maybe even our Mods when trying to raise funds for our beloved Forum )

I'm currently contacting my local federal member about this so I will keep all updated

What I want to do or find out whether it is even possible if that we as employees can donate our annual leave (and annual leave only , not sick or long service ) to one off donations

Personally many of us find stumping up what we feel is a decent donation to some of the horrible things that happen locally or internationally can be hard

But donating a days annual leave , you don't necessarily dig into your own pocket and are able to donate far more than you would normally would

I've spoken to my HR boss , but she says there is no way they can possibly do it without a law saying they can (don't know if she is fobbing me off or not to save work for payroll )

Wonder what others thought's are whether it is a good idea or how to try and go about getting the powers to push it through or what powers I need to contact ..

Cheers Happy

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:13 am

Good initiative. If you're flush with leave you should be able to donate it as you see fit.

The only way I see that is you're technically double dipping because by donating that leave and not having the day off paid, you'd be at work, so they would be paying you twice?
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:31 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:13 am
Good initiative. If you're flush with leave you should be able to donate it as you see fit.

The only way I see that is you're technically double dipping because by donating that leave and not having the day off paid, you'd be at work, so they would be paying you twice?
Not sure about where you work CB , but I am already able to cash in my leave if I want , it just takes a few weeks to do

My plan would be you could do it in a weekly pay run if you wanted with the donation

As I said I have emailed my local Federal member , I'll see where it ends up :pray:

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:55 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:31 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Not sure about where you work CB , but I am already able to cash in my leave if I want , it just takes a few weeks to do

My plan would be you could do it in a weekly pay run if you wanted with the donation

As I said I have emailed my local Federal member , I'll see where it ends up :pray:
You sound like a tight arse :lol:

If your afraid of electronic banking have your financial institution do the donation for you or simply post a cheque :D
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 11:02 am

hobbo wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:55 am
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:31 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:

You sound like a tight arse :lol:

If your afraid of electronic banking have your financial institution do the donation for you or simply post a cheque :D
Cheque's :lol:

Are you from the dark ages , watch out for that potato famine

Anyway getting back on topic , we simply need to concentrate on our own backyard and keep rugby league as the No 1 sports kids want to play and watch in Western Sydney

Everything will take care of itself once we win that battle :sign:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 12:51 pm

The topic?
Jnr footy in the west or A/L?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 1:12 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 12:51 pm
The topic?
Jnr footy in the west or A/L?
Yeah wrong thread , my bad :lol: .

Your opinion Innsane one on the actual topic ??