General Social Discussion
Spud Murphy

Re: R.I.P. Changa..

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 29 Jan, 2018 6:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 22 Jan, 2018 12:41 pm
formerguest wrote:
Mon 22 Jan, 2018 9:21 am
Yeah, some mud has stuck from my end, but he is being remembered as an Immortal in the news and I have not heard anything of the allegations in the last couple of days, so little stain in general from the media/public perspective.

Don't remember much of him on the field, other than the white boots that made him stand out as a poor performer in the shellacking they copped in his last match/grand final against the chooks.
He'd had a painkiller for a leg injury to get on the field but it was ineffective.
I recall him playing when I first started watching footy...he was smooth and had a great step and was very cool
I recall reading somewhere that the painkiller actually made his leg go numb! How bad would that be? That certainly would explain his woeful performance on the day.

Spook

Post by Spook » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:50 am

It's too bad that the media didn't see fit to give the latest news on the allegations against Chang the blanket coverage they did initially.
The allegations related to incidents that allegedly occurred in mid 1982 when Langlands owned a juice bar on the Gold Coast, but Bob Millward confirms Chang was coaching the Illawarra Presidents Cup team in 1982 and was living in Wollongong.