Help needed

General Social Discussion
Silentio

Re: Help needed

Post by Silentio » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 9:37 am

teddy23 wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 5:28 pm
Hello fellow forumers

My son has an assignment where he discusses his dream job and the young fella wants to be the boss of the Wests Tigers, and I have no clue in regards to how you could possibly be a CEO and the qualifications that are needed., if anyone could clarify that would be great as it's one of the questions....

He needs to discuss ways where he could improve the club, so I thought I'd ask the Tigers faithful for any ideas on ways to improve memberships, ticketing and merchandise sales.

:sign:
I used to work with a few NRL clubs and CEOs. Most would be willing to have a chat on the phone and help you out.

The career pathway is different for almost every CEO, but you need to prove you have what it takes through either working your way up through the sport or being successful in another sport.

As far ask education goes, an accounting qualification or something finance based is helpful.

Perhaps more important are the skills you need. As with any CEO role, people skills are a big part of it (constant dealings with playing, coaching and non-coaching staff, boards, NRL, sponsors). You also need a good focus on sales and PR.

As for improving the club..... obviously it's not simple.

But if I had to give a suggestion, I'd say a lot of it comes from strong corporate support.

Selling out the corporate boxes at a mega stadium like ANZ is like gold. In turn this can fund better coaching and playing staff.

Some of the clubs have annual reports on their websites which can be helpful in figuring out where the money comes from.

Hope this helps.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 1:28 pm

Silentio wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 9:37 am
teddy23 wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 5:28 pm
Hello fellow forumers

My son has an assignment where he discusses his dream job and the young fella wants to be the boss of the Wests Tigers, and I have no clue in regards to how you could possibly be a CEO and the qualifications that are needed., if anyone could clarify that would be great as it's one of the questions....

He needs to discuss ways where he could improve the club, so I thought I'd ask the Tigers faithful for any ideas on ways to improve memberships, ticketing and merchandise sales.

:sign:
I used to work with a few NRL clubs and CEOs. Most would be willing to have a chat on the phone and help you out.

The career pathway is different for almost every CEO, but you need to prove you have what it takes through either working your way up through the sport or being successful in another sport.

As far ask education goes, an accounting qualification or something finance based is helpful.

Perhaps more important are the skills you need. As with any CEO role, people skills are a big part of it (constant dealings with playing, coaching and non-coaching staff, boards, NRL, sponsors). You also need a good focus on sales and PR.

As for improving the club..... obviously it's not simple.

But if I had to give a suggestion, I'd say a lot of it comes from strong corporate support.

Selling out the corporate boxes at a mega stadium like ANZ is like gold. In turn this can fund better coaching and playing staff.

Some of the clubs have annual reports on their websites which can be helpful in figuring out where the money comes from.

Hope this helps.
Helps a lot! Cheers Mate