North Korea's Kim Jong-un meets South Korea's Moon Jae-in in DMZ for historic peace talks

General Social Discussion
User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Re: North Korea's Kim Jong-un meets South Korea's Moon Jae-in in DMZ for historic peace talks

Post by Milky » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 9:21 pm

I think the biggest think to come out of this will be China increasing funding into their military. Korea will grow into a bigger threat and will definitely get the attention they want. I think Kim only wants peace to have access to the South.

If China grows its military the US won't be happy.

Australia's entire military relies on the US. Our economy depends on China.

Leaves us in a mess


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17953
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 9:41 pm

Was listening to the ABC a while back and some geopolitical expert was on there saying that while China is a serious regional power, they do not come close to the military might of the USA. They cannot be spread out and as dangerous as the Yanks are.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3702
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 9:45 pm

We should sign Kim Jong-Un. Apparently he is a 100% goalkicker and is on a streak of 86 in the DPRKRL.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2785
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 10:21 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 9:16 pm
Snake wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 8:47 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 8:35 pm
Snake wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 8:31 pm
I have not heard the name Trump mentioned.....do you really think this is just happening for no reason ...amazing what a dominate and hard nose leader can achieve.
Did you miss my first post?
Yes scrolled to fast my bad,I have a South Korean neighbor and they tell me the South Korean population want nothing to do with it as they see this as bankrupting there country as around 30 million North Koreans are totally uneducated ,unskilled...so interesting times .There also has been rumours that something bad has happened with the last underground test .
I have read the same, the cost to update the North Korean infrastructure and feed the people would put the South in an economic hole.

That's not to say that putting a price on their neighbours (and families,) survival is right either.
This was the same when the Berlin wall came down East Germany was a third world country, and it took a heap of cash to get it up to the standard of West Germany.
It was worth it as it stabilised Europe until Russia started to meddle with it's neighbours again.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40844
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:27 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 9:45 pm
We should sign Kim Jong-Un. Apparently he is a 100% goalkicker and is on a streak of 86 in the DPRKRL.
You'll also be happy to know , Peter Beattie is on his way to broker a Peace deal

Pity no one explained to him that Korea isn't in the Greek Isles


jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 7:46 am

The reunification of korea would be harder than the reunification of germany.East Germany was a basket case but North Korea is far worse than that,nearly all of the population are living on the poverty level with little infrastructure in the country.Cars and electricity are for the political elite only.
It took a lot of money and effort from germany and the EEU to bring east germany into a reasonable state after 30 years of neglect by the soviets,think how much longer it will take for Nth Korea after nearly 70 years and who will pay for it?

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17953
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:09 am

You only need look at Air Koryo's plane fleet to see how left behind that country is.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm

hopefully one day when i go to Itaewon, Seoul, i wont have to see American troops everywhere, same applies for Okinawa. And Guam and Manilla and etc etc Yanks everywhere...

MG1962
Member
Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by MG1962 » Tue 01 May, 2018 9:49 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 9:45 pm
We should sign Kim Jong-Un. Apparently he is a 100% goalkicker and is on a streak of 86 in the DPRKRL.
Please dont spread fake news reports about dear Leader. Those of us who are dedicated DPRKRL followers know that Kim has in fact kicked 137 goals from 102 attempts ;)

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3196
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Thu 03 May, 2018 10:04 am

tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm
hopefully one day when i go to Itaewon, Seoul, i wont have to see American troops everywhere, same applies for Okinawa. And Guam and Manilla and etc etc Yanks everywhere...
Keeping us safe

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2785
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 03 May, 2018 10:13 am

tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm
hopefully one day when i go to Itaewon, Seoul, i wont have to see American troops everywhere, same applies for Okinawa. And Guam and Manilla and etc etc Yanks everywhere...
If it wasn't for the yanks in WW11 you would be speaking Japanese now.

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Thu 03 May, 2018 4:15 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 03 May, 2018 10:13 am
tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm
hopefully one day when i go to Itaewon, Seoul, i wont have to see American troops everywhere, same applies for Okinawa. And Guam and Manilla and etc etc Yanks everywhere...
If it wasn't for the yanks in WW11 you would be speaking Japanese now.
Ironic. I can speak Japanese.

My grandfather fought in WW2 against the Japanese. Okinawans sure as hell hate them there. So what happened after WWII? Why the US got over 900 military bases scattered across the globe?

Shame that the one natural resource North Korea lacks is oil, otherwise they would be 'liberated' long ago...
Last edited by tsjonathan on Thu 03 May, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Thu 03 May, 2018 4:18 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 03 May, 2018 10:04 am
tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm
hopefully one day when i go to Itaewon, Seoul, i wont have to see American troops everywhere, same applies for Okinawa. And Guam and Manilla and etc etc Yanks everywhere...
Keeping us safe
Yup because i feel much safer with the 900 military bases in over 70 countries.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3196
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Fri 04 May, 2018 3:44 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 03 May, 2018 4:18 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 03 May, 2018 10:04 am
tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm
hopefully one day when i go to Itaewon, Seoul, i wont have to see American troops everywhere, same applies for Okinawa. And Guam and Manilla and etc etc Yanks everywhere...
Keeping us safe
Yup because i feel much safer with the 900 military bases in over 70 countries.
As you should. Oil? America will shortly be the biggest oil producer in the world . They will get along quite nicely thank you.

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Fri 04 May, 2018 9:57 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 3:44 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 03 May, 2018 4:18 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 03 May, 2018 10:04 am
tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm
hopefully one day when i go to Itaewon, Seoul, i wont have to see American troops everywhere, same applies for Okinawa. And Guam and Manilla and etc etc Yanks everywhere...
Keeping us safe
Yup because i feel much safer with the 900 military bases in over 70 countries.
As you should. Oil? America will shortly be the biggest oil producer in the world . They will get along quite nicely thank you.

Uncle Sam is $23 trillion in debt mate. There's a tsunami coming for anyone under 30 int the US. It's a good time to be old if you're American. Have a look @Greece

It may not matter to you but for half my family in Arcadia CA aren't too happy their taxes are going to things like military bases and funding unnecessary wars.

America is certainly trying to be the biggest oil producer. You remember what the 1953 Iranian coup d'état was over right? Installing the Shah, BP and the Strait of Hormuz and all that.... How about Libya? Syria? I could go on and on... Get ready for blow back!

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3196
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Mon 14 May, 2018 11:55 am

tsjonathan wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 9:57 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 3:44 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 03 May, 2018 4:18 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 03 May, 2018 10:04 am


Keeping us safe
Yup because i feel much safer with the 900 military bases in over 70 countries.
As you should. Oil? America will shortly be the biggest oil producer in the world . They will get along quite nicely thank you.

Uncle Sam is $23 trillion in debt mate. There's a tsunami coming for anyone under 30 int the US. It's a good time to be old if you're American. Have a look @Greece

It may not matter to you but for half my family in Arcadia CA aren't too happy their taxes are going to things like military bases and funding unnecessary wars.

America is certainly trying to be the biggest oil producer. You remember what the 1953 Iranian coup d'état was over right? Installing the Shah, BP and the Strait of Hormuz and all that.... How about Libya? Syria? I could go on and on... Get ready for blow back!
California is a basket case. Stop spending money on illegal aliens.

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 14 May, 2018 12:27 pm

Milky wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 9:21 pm
I think the biggest think to come out of this will be China increasing funding into their military. Korea will grow into a bigger threat and will definitely get the attention they want. I think Kim only wants peace to have access to the South.

If China grows its military the US won't be happy.

Australia's entire military relies on the US. Our economy depends on China.

Leaves us in a mess
Unfortunately mainstream media create this unnecessary fear of North Korea or threats from Russia/China etc. And how they are a threat because of their rise. This is a flawed logic. Yet conveniently never mention Israel or Saudi Arabia (who have an abhorrent human rights record) but because they are the US allies there is no mention.

Cicero once said " the enemy is within the gates, is with our own luxury our own folly our own criminality with which we need to contend"


And then Cicero in his book mentions six mistakes mankind continually makes century anfter century (two of which applies here):
1. Believing personal gain is made is by crushing others- the notion China's rise is a threat is erroneaous. Why can't we both rise together and reap the benefits with each other symbiotically?
3. Attempting to compel others to live as we do Democracy anyone?

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 14 May, 2018 12:29 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 11:55 am
tsjonathan wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 9:57 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 3:44 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 03 May, 2018 4:18 pm


Yup because i feel much safer with the 900 military bases in over 70 countries.
As you should. Oil? America will shortly be the biggest oil producer in the world . They will get along quite nicely thank you.

Uncle Sam is $23 trillion in debt mate. There's a tsunami coming for anyone under 30 int the US. It's a good time to be old if you're American. Have a look @Greece

It may not matter to you but for half my family in Arcadia CA aren't too happy their taxes are going to things like military bases and funding unnecessary wars.

America is certainly trying to be the biggest oil producer. You remember what the 1953 Iranian coup d'état was over right? Installing the Shah, BP and the Strait of Hormuz and all that.... How about Libya? Syria? I could go on and on... Get ready for blow back!
California is a basket case. Stop spending money on illegal aliens.
Wow so 'illegal' aliens is the reason for a 23 TRILLION dollar debt crisis? LOL

Post Reply