Lilyfield home with views of Leichhardt Oval up for sale

General Social Discussion
User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2687
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Lilyfield home with views of Leichhardt Oval up for sale

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 5:47 pm

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/lily ... dt:article

Image

DIEHARD Wests Tigers fans have the chance of a lifetime — to watch every game at Leichhardt Oval live from the comfort of their own home.

The only catch is they will need to shell out $2.7 million for the home first, although the views from the top floor bedroom may be worth it.

Image

The property is at 11 Chapel St in Lilyfield, which is just one street away from the spiritual home of the Tigers.

The house itself has five large bedrooms and four bathrooms, but it is the view of the Tigers Fortress that is sure to catch the eye of buyers.
Due to the home having two levels, the house overlooks the ground.

A balcony from one of the bedrooms will give the new owners the chance to soak in the atmosphere and ensure they never miss another moment of Benji Marshall magic again.

Leichhardt Oval has a long association with rugby league, playing host to the Balmain Tigers since 1934.
When Balmain merged with Western Suburbs in 1999 to create the Wests Tigers, they adopted the ground as one of three home grounds and have played a portion of their home games there ever since.

Listing agent Adrian Oddi of BresicWhitney Balmain said the views were a bonus for most interested parties, but had attracted one hardcore Tigers fan.

“Outside of selling the house next door 10 years ago I haven’t seen anything else with that outlook,” Mr Oddi said.
There won’t be enough time for the new owners to get in before the Tigers next home game in round 16 versus the Titans, but if you act quickly you could secure it and be on the balcony watching in round 23 when the Tigers take on competition favourites St George in a suburban footy showdown.


User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6881
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 5:55 pm

Going by the first photo the view isn't as good as I had imagined from that house.

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1487
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 6:48 pm

That view doesn’t look as good as you would expect. You wouldn’t catch much of the game unless it was all played up the other end. Good advertising to bring people in.

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5455
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:05 pm

Three games a year with a limited view for $2.7 million. Bargain.

User avatar
LeichhardtTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon 26 Dec, 2011 12:54 pm
Location: Adelaide

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:16 pm

You can buy 4 homes in Adelaide for that price & still afford to fly in fly out to watch the 3 Leichhardt Oval Games.
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4490
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:21 pm

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:16 pm
You can buy 4 homes in Adelaide for that price & still afford to fly in fly out to watch the 3 Leichhardt Oval Games.
I know, trouble is you have to live in Adelaide.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17322
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:22 pm

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:16 pm
You can buy 4 homes in Adelaide for that price & still afford to fly in fly out to watch the 3 Leichhardt Oval Games.
And wind up in a barrel.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
LeichhardtTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon 26 Dec, 2011 12:54 pm
Location: Adelaide

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:32 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:22 pm
LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:16 pm
You can buy 4 homes in Adelaide for that price & still afford to fly in fly out to watch the 3 Leichhardt Oval Games.
And wind up in a barrel.
Only 30 Minutes to The McLaren Vale - Best wines on the Planet & better than being in a car Park on Parramatta Road. :) :)
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2410
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:40 pm

Any Forum member want a "Cool Change" I have a house for sale.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39591
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:46 pm

We could turn it into a syndicate ownership , about 2700 Forum members , $1000 bucks each

Might get a bit squeezy game day though

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9143
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:01 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:40 pm
Any Forum member want a "Cool Change" I have a house for sale.
MT Panorama?
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28355
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:15 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:46 pm
We could turn it into a syndicate ownership , about 2700 Forum members , $1000 bucks each

Might get a bit squeezy game day though
be lucky to get 1000 cents out of you T-Rex...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39591
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:21 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:01 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:40 pm
Any Forum member want a "Cool Change" I have a house for sale.
MT Panorama?
I've got the sale of a lifetime for you Hobbo

I've kept it a secret but I own this bridge /business that I'm willing to sell

Wonderful Harbour Views , Celebrity painter , and you can speak to as many as your countryfolk as you like when they climb it and they pay you $303 per person

You'll make a motza ...... ;)

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39591
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:22 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:15 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:46 pm
We could turn it into a syndicate ownership , about 2700 Forum members , $1000 bucks each

Might get a bit squeezy game day though
be lucky to get 1000 cents out of you T-Rex...
Yeah , probably , but three days of baked beans and eggs beforehand and it'll be mine exclusively :lol:

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2410
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:39 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:01 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:40 pm
Any Forum member want a "Cool Change" I have a house for sale.
MT Panorama?
Not too far away from the Mount, you can hear the cars from home.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9406
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:46 pm

I'm sure there's a house with a better view than that of LO. Even in that photo the neighbouring houses seem closer to the oval.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39591
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:51 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:39 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:01 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:40 pm
Any Forum member want a "Cool Change" I have a house for sale.
MT Panorama?
Not too far away from the Mount, you can hear the cars from home.
Its a trap Hobbo , the house is in the hillbilly hell of Mount Morgan

You can hear the cars because he'll turn the TV up real loud

Buy the bridge , its a money spinner ...

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2410
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 9:06 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:51 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:39 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:01 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:40 pm
Any Forum member want a "Cool Change" I have a house for sale.
MT Panorama?
Not too far away from the Mount, you can hear the cars from home.
Its a trap Hobbo , the house is in the hillbilly hell of Mount Morgan

You can hear the cars because he'll turn the TV up real loud

Buy the bridge , its a money spinner ...

Keep out of this Happy I might have a sale.

Post Reply