Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 4:36 pm
Demps wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 3:55 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 3:24 pm

Geez you're precious Demps :lol:
Quite the opposite really...
Precious ones are the ones dorking up the thread saying maccas is bad for u.
Nah that's just common knowledge.
Look if you only ate it once a fortnight and kept you other meals and exercise up it wouldn't effect you greatly

Overeating /Upsizing is the issues and soft drinks /sugar drinks are an even bigger issue
X2
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:26 pm

I'm with spud, I'm just not into eating crap. But the world is a wonderful place and organisms of all kinds abound. Coprophagy is genuine thing out there in the environment. Why shouldn't humans partake?
"Quality Stupidity"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:29 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:26 pm
I'm with spud, I'm just not into eating crap. But the world is a wonderful place and organisms of all kinds abound. Coprophagy is genuine thing out there in the environment. Why shouldn't humans partake?
Yeah I'll take some Indian from our Indian place for $10 every day of the week

When you have kids and your having one of those days you just can't avoid it occasionally

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:37 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:29 pm
NT Tiger wrote:

When you have kids and your having one of those days you just can't avoid it occasionally
I've got no problem with eating healthy take aways. There used to be an excellent indian stall in Darwin as well as an Indonesian place. Both served very good, healthy, well prepared meals. I've got no problems with an honest burger with the lot from the local family take away once in a blue moon. But that's not what Im talking about. I'm talking about eating fat with salt and sugar added which is what many of the 'brand' fast foods serve. Don't want to know about it, and less still want to indoctrinate my children into thinking that that crap is food.
"Quality Stupidity"

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:40 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:37 pm
happy tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

I've got no problem with eating healthy take aways. There used to be an excellent indian stall in Darwin as well as an Indonesian place. Both served very good, healthy, well prepared meals. I've got no problems with an honest burger with the lot from the local family take away once in a blue moon. But that's not what Im talking about. I'm talking about eating fat with salt and sugar added which is what many of the 'brand' fast foods serve. Don't want to know about it, and less still want to indoctrinate my children into thinking that that crap is food.
You are correct ...
Wish I was more disciplined when it comes to healthy eating !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:44 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:10 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:44 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:20 am
It's all bad and will kill you eventually.
100% of people who breathe Oxygen and drink water will die too killjoy.
Hahaha! You people are way too sensitive about protecting your bad eating habits :lol:
Mate you needn't worry about me. I'm healthy, I have no choice but to be.

One bad meal a week doesn't ruin a good diet just as the reverse applies.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:46 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:40 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

You are correct ...
Not arguing at all ........

Just saying when you've been sitting in a car for 5 hours and you just want to get to Point B when you've been stuck in school holidays traffic as well as over an hour of stops for road works doing 80 km/h in formerly 100km /h zones , and the kids are whinging because the internet is cutting in and out that stopping at KFC at the moment and grabbing 4 large chips for $8 is a real easy cheap option , not the best I 100% totally agree

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:49 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:58 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:14 am
Demps wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:35 am
sheer64 wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 1:08 am

Unless you die, from telling people they will die from eating it, first.
😂
Always gotta be one negative soul trying to ruin a good thread.

Get a zinger burger into ya!
Terrible stuff! KFC is the worst! :mrgreen:
Agree ...kFC is disgusting ...
There burgers have gotten that small you could fit them in your pocket !

If you want to die early and be satisfied Hungry Jacks is the bomb !

The fiery Angus with extra onions and jalapeños!

Only 25 grams of fat per Burger !
I've stopped eating Hungry Jack's ever since I was running around doing A/C refurbishments for them. It's one thing for the food to be unhealthy, it's another for the place the food is prepped in to be a disgusting pig sty. Their stores are all fat fires waiting to happen.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:46 pm
hobbo wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

You are correct ...

Just saying when you've been sitting in a car for 5 hours and you just want to get to Point B when you've been stuck in school holidays traffic as well as over an hour of stops for road works doing 80 km/h in formerly 100km /h zones , and the kids are whinging because the internet is cutting in and out that stopping at KFC at the moment and grabbing 4 large chips for $8 is a real easy cheap option , not the best I 100% totally agree
We are all guilty of being lazy .
We’re lucky being in the Blue Mountains as there is no major fast food retailers!
The greenies and local council won’t allow them !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:53 pm

This is when you know you are in trouble.
eagles-deli-challenge-burger.jpg
eagles-deli-challenge-burger.jpg (20.49 KiB) Viewed 401 times
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:55 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:52 pm
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

You are correct ...

We’re lucky being in the Blue Mountains as there is no major fast food retailers!
Apart from Macca's at Blaxland the worst fast food you can get is Subway.
Madge's Maulers.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:58 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

You are correct ...

Yeah, I understand what you're saying and sometimes the easy option is the only option but I suppose I'm saying I never plan on using those options ahead of time.
Last year my eight year old was in a production in Atherton that went way late. By the time it finished, the kiosk was out of food. We drove around town for a bit looking for dinner but the only place still open was maccas. I told the kids its either maccas or a half hour drive home, and then a wait for me to cook something. They chose to wait. It's just a choice.
"Quality Stupidity"

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:00 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:55 pm
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:

You are correct ...

Yeah I’m glad there’s none up here or I’d be rooted :lol:

Only go into Penrith once a month ( if that ) that’s when I give into Hungry Jacks !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:06 pm

Is that cause the skyline wont make it past the Great Dividing Range..

Went up there on Thursday for a mini break..Station Bar Pizza was pretty good...had a Falcon Bridge and a Hartley..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:12 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:49 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:58 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:14 am
Demps wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:35 am

😂
Always gotta be one negative soul trying to ruin a good thread.

Get a zinger burger into ya!
Terrible stuff! KFC is the worst! :mrgreen:
Agree ...kFC is disgusting ...
There burgers have gotten that small you could fit them in your pocket !

If you want to die early and be satisfied Hungry Jacks is the bomb !

The fiery Angus with extra onions and jalapeños!

Only 25 grams of fat per Burger !
I've stopped eating Hungry Jack's ever since I was running around doing A/C refurbishments for them. It's one thing for the food to be unhealthy, it's another for the place the food is prepped in to be a disgusting pig sty. Their stores are all fat fires waiting to happen.
Across the board some much has changed in the last 20 years

To what we were eating then to now is chalk and cheese , the type of oil used is some much healthier than it was , the HACCP standards are just incredible compared to even 10 years ago

The type of fillets / meat on burgers quality wise is huge , growth hormones have been gone for over 25 years at least

Probably chips is the biggest issue from what I see , January until March because of heat and the unbelievable demand the quality definitely drops , mostly pots come from Tassie , but in those times they have to get a lot from Victoria

The scariest thing I see , is the price wars on low quality things , this can't be healthy for everyone as a whole

$1 for small chips $2 for large , 24 nuggets for $10 , 9 pieces for $10.95 , $2 burgers and the worst $1 freezes

Totally affordable for primary schoolkids and teenagers in the modern day , this needs to change , parents should be with kids under 14 when making purchases

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:17 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:06 pm
Is that cause the skyline wont make it past the Great Dividing Range..

Went up there on Thursday for a mini break..Station Bar Pizza was pretty good...had a Falcon Bridge and a Hartley..
It’s Faulconbridge !

Yeah station bar is pretty good !

You should’ve stopped in at Mountain High Pies at Wentworth Falls on your way home !

No way will I leave the Japanese Princess parked up in the Riff :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:19 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:00 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:55 pm
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Yeah I’m glad there’s none up here or I’d be rooted :lol:

Only go into Penrith once a month ( if that ) that’s when I give into Hungry Jacks !
Still love me a kebab. Lawson does pretty good ones.
Madge's Maulers.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:20 pm

hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

You are correct ...

That is probably where my attitude comes from hobbo. Living in remote NT, I didn't have any of these options available to me. It was a 300km drive to the nearest Maccas, KFC or the like. It wasn't going to happen and I just had to learn to cook. When I did get into Darwin, the good food choices were too good to miss; Malaysian, Indonesian, Indian, Greek, who wants to eat Maccas when good food is available?
"Quality Stupidity"