Norton Street Liechardt....

General Social Discussion
TrueTiger

Norton Street Liechardt....

Post by TrueTiger » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:39 am

I had the pleasure of going to a very fine restaurant in Norton street last night called Grappa,an Italian bar and restaurant.
We had to pick our son up who was at the Palace cinemas for a show,it bought back memories of years gone by where I hadn't been for many,many years...Right in the heart of the old Tigers territory..

I know that many wouldn't be interested in this thread however it was a pleasant trip down memory lane as I now live in a different area that is a couple of hours away and just cant get there because of work and family commitments...

My partner was very impressed with the food and the area itself and would like to revisit again..

Have any of you guys and girls from the forum been there lately and have you had a good visit there ….

cheers TT....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 6:56 am

Love Norton Street, remember the days as youngsters when we would walk from Petersham station to Norton Street to get a feed and a drink before heading to Leichhardt

Ahhh dam life goes quickly

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 10:02 am

Ah yes Grappa - nice food just make sure your life insurance is up to date...

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 10:11 am

Night before the Titans game, we went for a feed at Bar Italia on Norton St. Looks terrible, 10 minute wait to order, won't take card, cheap plastic tables.... but, gee, you get a top meal for bugger all.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 10:35 am

My dad used to live in Balmain and knows the best hangouts in Liechhardt and Balmain. We go to eat around Norton Street every so often.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2