FOXTEL

General Social Discussion

Do u have it?

Yes
46
75%
No
15
25%
 
Total votes: 61

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40479
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: FOXTEL

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 7:33 am

Harvey wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 6:48 am
The walking dead before it basically became a soapie.

Downloaded It. That is a ripper movie
Yeah we have it , complete package bar the internet we screwed them down to $98 / month

Like Hobbo the EPL was good until they lost it :brick: :brick: :brick:

Walking Dead had it's jumping the shark moment , gone backwards now

Kids enjoy having the movies

Watch a couple of shows infrequently , enjoy the gold / gem mining /fossicking shows

Wouldn't mind giving it a burl one day , good mate has a plot at the Gemmies been out a few times over the years

Love the fishing shows as well


formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:05 am

Full HD package for many years except for a few months at one rental between home purchases, with sport and movie channels watched the most.

If not attending, I like to record the WT and then watch it basically in real time, but with the ability to rewind any incident that I want to clarify and then fast forward through the conversions to the kickoffs, as well as half time ads etc. This usually finds me back to the live feed at various points of the game, but generally having had my questions answered as the game progressed.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22168
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:12 am

Don’t watch TV. I use Foxtel Play purely for the footy season. It’s works out well with the lady friend. She watches whatever she wants on TV, and I watch all the footy I want on the laptop,

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5863
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:14 am

I have it but Via the Go App, (courtesy of my Bro in Law).. Same for Netflix (courtesy of one of my staff members)

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2601
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:32 am

Demps wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 6:53 am
diedpretty wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 6:44 am
I stream it - i just have the drama package to get the showtime stuff. Just recently dropped the sport channel - overpriced and i don't watch that much of the nrl anymore. I have a telstra tv box so i can watch replays of any nrl match if i want to.
Showtime? Boxing?

Showcase? HBO gems.

Snowfall, best show available right now.
Which ever one has the HBO stuff - and yes Snowfall is a top series.


User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:52 am

Nope
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2601
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:57 am

Snake wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 7:12 am
Have had Foxtel like forever , we have the full package which gives us a good variety to choose from. We could not get Foxtel quick enough getting away from free to air television that we had to endure watching what and when they wanted !,I always get a laugh when comments of nothing to watch on Foxtel ..one only has to actually get in depth with the content Movies.. British dramas ...Sport...History...documentaries..local content ...the list goes on . We are now finding though that with the option of streaming content we are now looking at dropping our content back to Fox sport and entertainment package as we have Google Prime for $50pa which has great shows and looking at getting Netflix ,as far as Movies all these platforms offer them for the same price .
Bottom line we need Fox Sports as this is a necessity as listening to Free to air Nufties is over ,also Foxtel IQ3 is amazing and fits our lifestyle as we series link what we want and fast forward as we are time poor .
What is Google Prime - is it an offshoot of Amazon.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by steve-o » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:00 am

Foxtel is a rip off IMO so I’ve never had it, but I do use the Foxtel go free trial on a new email whenever there’s something I want to watch
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5093
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:52 am

diedpretty wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:57 am
Snake wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 7:12 am
Have had Foxtel like forever , we have the full package which gives us a good variety to choose from. We could not get Foxtel quick enough getting away from free to air television that we had to endure watching what and when they wanted !,I always get a laugh when comments of nothing to watch on Foxtel ..one only has to actually get in depth with the content Movies.. British dramas ...Sport...History...documentaries..local content ...the list goes on . We are now finding though that with the option of streaming content we are now looking at dropping our content back to Fox sport and entertainment package as we have Google Prime for $50pa which has great shows and looking at getting Netflix ,as far as Movies all these platforms offer them for the same price .
Bottom line we need Fox Sports as this is a necessity as listening to Free to air Nufties is over ,also Foxtel IQ3 is amazing and fits our lifestyle as we series link what we want and fast forward as we are time poor .
What is Google Prime - is it an offshoot of Amazon.
Sorry Amazon Prime my bad ... being a baby boomer all this tech even though I like it tests the brain cells at times.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40479
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:57 am

steve-o wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:00 am
Foxtel is a rip off IMO so I’ve never had it, but I do use the Foxtel go free trial on a new email whenever there’s something I want to watch
Yeah must agree , but when you live 1200 kms from the team you love ....... gotta watch them somehow

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5093
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:02 am

Spartan117 wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:14 am
I have it but Via the Go App, (courtesy of my Bro in Law).. Same for Netflix (courtesy of one of my staff members)
What age we’re you when you made your first million :roll

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10102
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:12 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:57 am
steve-o wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:00 am
Foxtel is a rip off IMO so I’ve never had it, but I do use the Foxtel go free trial on a new email whenever there’s something I want to watch
Yeah must agree , but when you live 1200 kms from the team you love ....... gotta watch them somehow
Disagree ...
I think it’s cheap

I pay $60 per month
Basic package
Plus sports ( HD)
+ History channel

That’s 32 games of NRL for $60 !

Just ring them and tell them your not happy with the cost / threaten to leave ...
They’ll suck up to you with a better deal !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40479
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 11:05 am

hobbo wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:12 am
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:57 am
steve-o wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:00 am
Foxtel is a rip off IMO so I’ve never had it, but I do use the Foxtel go free trial on a new email whenever there’s something I want to watch
Yeah must agree , but when you live 1200 kms from the team you love ....... gotta watch them somehow
Disagree ...
I think it’s cheap

I pay $60 per month
Basic package
Plus sports ( HD)
+ History channel

That’s 32 games of NRL for $60 !

Just ring them and tell them your not happy with the cost / threaten to leave ...
They’ll suck up to you with a better deal !
You missed my first post , already done that

We get everything for $98 , I think retail it's about $140

Set deal , price won't increase , buggers just need to hurry up and get the EPL back :pray: :pray: :pray:

I'd pay an extra $10 /month for the EPL alone ,listening to coverage on live BBC radio just isn't the same

User avatar
Tigerstruck
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri 21 Apr, 2017 9:10 am

Post by Tigerstruck » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 12:39 pm

Was thinking of scrapping it, but kept it for the league and it'll be better now with the cricket too. Also browse the movies and some of the doco channels.

pdenny77
Member
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat 16 Feb, 2013 8:06 pm

Post by pdenny77 » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 12:51 pm

Demps wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 11:02 pm
Roll call!!

Who has it and who doesn't?

Any good shows on there u can recommend?

I just upgraded to the IQ3 box so keen to test out the catch up stuff...
My wife watches The Real Housewives Of Everywhere and Teen Mom. I think you might like these. :)

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 1:22 pm

Had it since it was Austar here in the regionals. I mainly use it for NRL but other sports too, and Showcase has reasonable dramas. But they do structure it to get maximum $$ from you.

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5863
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 2:13 pm

Snake wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:02 am
Spartan117 wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:14 am
I have it but Via the Go App, (courtesy of my Bro in Law).. Same for Netflix (courtesy of one of my staff members)
What age we’re you when you made your first million :roll
31 actually.

A few years back now.

Dont worry Snake, I give more to charities and by mentoring these days than most earn in a year.

User avatar
DonnyBrasco
Member
Member
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by DonnyBrasco » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 3:33 pm

It’s pure garbage.
Tigers for 2022!

Post Reply