Dogs targeted by poison-laced meatballs in popular Sydney park (Leichhardt)

General Social Discussion
Geo.

Re: Dogs targeted by poison-laced meatballs in popular Sydney park (Leichhardt)

Post by Geo. » Thu 25 Oct, 2018 1:04 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 1:48 pm
willow wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:44 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:04 am
I don't like how kangaroos are killed to feed domestic dogs - tell the dogs to stuff off and save the kangaroos.
The only good roo' is dead roo'. Nothing but a plague and a pest and every farm I've hunted on the farmers want as many as possible knocked over.
They were probably saying the same about the Aborigines a few hundreds of years ago as were many massacres. After another 100 years we may appreciate our environment sufficiently as not to over breed, to depopulate and return many broad acre farms back to bush land in an attempt to bring our greenhouse temperatures down. I feel sorry for future generations with the poisoned legacy we have left them.
Give it a rest seriously...situation is nothing alike...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 25 Oct, 2018 1:13 am

willow wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:44 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:04 am
I don't like how kangaroos are killed to feed domestic dogs - tell the dogs to stuff off and save the kangaroos.
The only good roo' is dead roo'. Nothing but a plague and a pest and every farm I've hunted on the farmers want as many as possible knocked over.
Didn't know you were the hunting type young Willow

Spent a few years in Moura many years ago used to go out hunting feral pigs on the sorghum properties

Now there's a rush for you if you ever needed it , chasing hunting dogs in absolute darkness in the middle of winter hitting mobs of pigs only armed with a knife

Could tell you some very hairy stories .......,having mumma's circling you running at 40km/h because an inexperienced dog hit a sucker and all you can hear is the bush tearing up and this Mum screaming

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 25 Oct, 2018 6:35 am

Takes a special person to go pigging with only knives.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 25 Oct, 2018 7:05 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 6:35 am
Actually CB the meat from the pigs was highly prized in certain European countries because the pigs have been feeding on Sorghum and many small central Qld towns had a pig box , you'd roll up and get a $1 a kilo fro any pig over 30 kg

Not unusual on a good night you could get $800 +

That was pretty handy bucks in the early 90's

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 25 Oct, 2018 7:33 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 7:05 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Actually CB the meat from the pigs was highly prized in certain European countries because the pigs have been feeding on Sorghum and many small central Qld towns had a pig box , you'd roll up and get a $1 a kilo fro any pig over 30 kg

Not doubting that, I mean those pigs can get pretty wild and I've seen the damage they can do to an inexperienced hunting dog. As if you'd want to get close quarters with them. Got some canastas on you if you're game to get that close to them.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 25 Oct, 2018 8:20 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 7:33 am
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 7:05 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Not doubting that, I mean those pigs can get pretty wild and I've seen the damage they can do to an inexperienced hunting dog. As if you'd want to get close quarters with them. Got some canastas on you if you're game to get that close to them.
Biggest we ever got was 190 kg , spotlighted in the back of the truck and you could barely tell it from the calves it was near

5 kilometres later , two dams and a dead pigging dog later

One offs weren't that scary , it's when you hits mobs of 20 plus , absolute mayhem , in the dark , and the only things the pigs aren't scared of is us

I've bunji jumped before , but the buzz of pig hunting beat that 10 fold (before you thinks it bloodlust , that was the hard thing in my opinion )

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:52 pm

Lol happy used his bare hands that day
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 25 Oct, 2018 1:33 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:52 pm
Lol happy used his bare hands that day
Got done for a Level 4 careless high tackle ;) , 3 week suspension :lol:

Worst bit was we had to carry the big heavy bastard back 5 km's and over a couple of fences

Don't worry it had its fun days , sometimes the nose dog's mistake the odour of echidna's for pigs , wading across creeks in winter with just your boxers only to find the dog has found an echidna :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: