Ron Casey

General Social Discussion
blake2005
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat 01 Jun, 2013 10:56 am

Re: Ron Casey

Post by blake2005 » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:15 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:31 am
I came across him in the lift at the Commonwealth Centre in Chifley Square in about 1968 and I was wearing an anti-conscription badge re Vietnam War. We immediately eye-balled each other and never stopped the whole journey.
Didn't think he was a war veteran. He was disrespectful to Normie Rowe's war service in f I remember correctly. It was a shame that Normie didn't sit him on his arse that day, it would of been deserved.


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18367
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:20 pm

blake2005 wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:15 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:31 am
I came across him in the lift at the Commonwealth Centre in Chifley Square in about 1968 and I was wearing an anti-conscription badge re Vietnam War. We immediately eye-balled each other and never stopped the whole journey.
Didn't think he was a war veteran. He was disrespectful to Normie Rowe's war service in f I remember correctly. It was a shame that Normie didn't sit him on his arse that day, it would of been deserved.
That would be because Byron is full of it.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29902
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:58 pm

R. I.P Ron.
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed 17 May, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Balmainbred » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:07 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:48 pm
quintus wrote:
Tue 02 Oct, 2018 7:35 pm
R.i.P. Ron....Always up for an argument....Controversy Corner was a Rex Mossop panel consisting of Rex and four others. I was surprised to see that Fox adopted that name and format.... :sign:
Ferris Ashton, Col Pearce, Alan Clarkson and there were some other as well.
The other member of the panel bathurst , was Noel Kelly.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4988
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:13 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:20 pm
blake2005 wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:15 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:31 am
I came across him in the lift at the Commonwealth Centre in Chifley Square in about 1968 and I was wearing an anti-conscription badge re Vietnam War. We immediately eye-balled each other and never stopped the whole journey.
Didn't think he was a war veteran. He was disrespectful to Normie Rowe's war service in f I remember correctly. It was a shame that Normie didn't sit him on his arse that day, it would of been deserved.
That would be because Byron is full of it.
thanks for the compliment because I have met Normie also - on his 1965 tour, he sang Que Sera Sera and Shakin all over
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


User avatar
Spook
Member
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu 11 Aug, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Spook » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 3:41 pm

Balmainbred wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:07 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:48 pm
quintus wrote:
Tue 02 Oct, 2018 7:35 pm
R.i.P. Ron....Always up for an argument....Controversy Corner was a Rex Mossop panel consisting of Rex and four others. I was surprised to see that Fox adopted that name and format.... :sign:
Ferris Ashton, Col Pearce, Alan Clarkson and there were some other as well.
The other member of the panel bathurst , was Noel Kelly.
Controversy Corner appeared to be based pretty much on Ron's mid 60's show "World of Sport" which was on Channel 9 Saturday mornings till mid-day. We use to watch it for the late mail before heading out for the Match of the Day at the SCG.
The panel were Ron, Frank Hyde, Mike Gibson, Brian Bury and Ray Stehr. The show consisted of the panel, it wasn't a segment like CC. Ron was pretty good at throwing grenades to arc the panel up. Good Days.

Post Reply