A Question for the Queenslanders Among Us

General Social Discussion
User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2990
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Re: A Question for the Queenslanders Among Us

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 9:25 am

QLD is a 5 minute walk away for me and I only usually cross that border during daylight savings as the shops are open an hour later


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41161
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 10:21 am

quintus wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:52 am
Murgon returns are in the negative and Kingaroy is three times worse....Keep your money in the bank at this time and you should get 1.7% ....I think someone is having a go at you mate.... :sign:
Kingaroy has had a big announcement / project announced recently .......

Have to remember who I heard it through .....

Gladstone had at least 3 major projects in the next 5 years

Wind Farm , Ammonia , Stage 2 of Shale Oil

4 bedroom homes are selling for $200 000 , could get a real high quick return

We are in a tiz about what we should do , do we hang onto the in laws place and wait to see what happens to the market or wear the resulting taxes if we don't sell within 12 months of the probate release

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29650
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:27 pm

Lol a wind farm...your back passage..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2868
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:36 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:44 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:30 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 12:50 pm
Don't make it too hard..
What do you mean by this Geo? I'm new at this, never bought an investment property before.
Questions for Queenslanders ...two heads only 1 brain shared among the whole state..
Settle down we are currently looking at properties in Queensland.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10167
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:46 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:36 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:44 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:30 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 12:50 pm
Don't make it too hard..
What do you mean by this Geo? I'm new at this, never bought an investment property before.
Questions for Queenslanders ...two heads only 1 brain shared among the whole state..
Settle down we are currently looking at properties in Queensland.
Buy Happys 4 bedder for 200k !
It has no internal Walls or floors though :lol:
Once renovated it should rent out for $80 / week !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !


bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2868
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 9:10 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:46 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:36 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:44 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:30 pm


What do you mean by this Geo? I'm new at this, never bought an investment property before.
Questions for Queenslanders ...two heads only 1 brain shared among the whole state..
Settle down we are currently looking at properties in Queensland.
Buy Happys 4 bedder for 200k !
It has no internal Walls or floors though :lol:
Once renovated it should rent out for $80 / week !
You don't know my misses, more like $200m are what she likes.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3512
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 9:29 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 10:21 am
quintus wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:52 am
Murgon returns are in the negative and Kingaroy is three times worse....Keep your money in the bank at this time and you should get 1.7% ....I think someone is having a go at you mate.... :sign:
Kingaroy has had a big announcement / project announced recently .......

Have to remember who I heard it through .....

Gladstone had at least 3 major projects in the next 5 years

Wind Farm , Ammonia , Stage 2 of Shale Oil

4 bedroom homes are selling for $200 000 , could get a real high quick return

We are in a tiz about what we should do , do we hang onto the in laws place and wait to see what happens to the market or wear the resulting taxes if we don't sell within 12 months of the probate release
A wind farm and an ammonia plant... what could go wrong?

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29650
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 10:18 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:46 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:36 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:44 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:30 pm


What do you mean by this Geo? I'm new at this, never bought an investment property before.
Questions for Queenslanders ...two heads only 1 brain shared among the whole state..
Settle down we are currently looking at properties in Queensland.
Buy Happys 4 bedder for 200k !
It has no internal Walls or floors though :lol:
Once renovated it should rent out for $80 / week !
:roll
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41161
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 10:50 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:46 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:36 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:44 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:30 pm


What do you mean by this Geo? I'm new at this, never bought an investment property before.
Questions for Queenslanders ...two heads only 1 brain shared among the whole state..
Settle down we are currently looking at properties in Queensland.
Buy Happys 4 bedder for 200k !
It has no internal Walls or floors though :lol:
Once renovated it should rent out for $80 / week !
Try go from 200 k to possibly 350 k and rent out for an $550/wk , now you be lucky to get $170/wk

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29650
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 10:54 pm

My back shed would sell for 350K...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41161
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 11:33 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 10:54 pm
My back shed would sell for 350K...
So would mine
















If Chris Lawrence was locked in it :lol:

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4931
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:24 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 11:33 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 10:54 pm
My back shed would sell for 350K...
So would mine

If Chris Lawrence was locked in it :lol:
I thought you would have been more his sister's kind
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33104
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 12:29 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 11:33 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 10:54 pm
My back shed would sell for 350K...
So would mine
















If Chris Lawrence was locked in it :lol:
And that's my cue to deploy a surveillance team on you Happy :o

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41161
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:10 pm

willow wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 12:29 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 11:33 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 10:54 pm
My back shed would sell for 350K...
So would mine
















If Chris Lawrence was locked in it :lol:
And that's my cue to deploy a surveillance team on you Happy :o
Again :lol:

I'll give him back before Round 1

And plus the dog seems to like him ;)

User avatar
Russta
Member
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon 22 Aug, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Kingaroy, Qld

Post by Russta » Fri 02 Nov, 2018 12:04 am

Murgon is a S*#thole Spud. It's way to close to Cherbourg. Save your money. Happy is right, Kingaroy is on the verge of announcing a new coal mine just outside of town. It'll boom as soon as it's confirmed. Hope this helps. :)

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29650
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 02 Nov, 2018 12:53 am

Isn't that where peanuts come fromRussta...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41161
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 02 Nov, 2018 2:10 am

Geo. wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 12:53 am
Isn't that where peanuts come fromRussta...
More importantly the late Sir Joh and Lady Flo Bjelke Peterson

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5550
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 2:10 am

cktiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 9:29 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 10:21 am
quintus wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:52 am
Murgon returns are in the negative and Kingaroy is three times worse....Keep your money in the bank at this time and you should get 1.7% ....I think someone is having a go at you mate.... :sign:
Kingaroy has had a big announcement / project announced recently .......

Have to remember who I heard it through .....

Gladstone had at least 3 major projects in the next 5 years

Wind Farm , Ammonia , Stage 2 of Shale Oil

4 bedroom homes are selling for $200 000 , could get a real high quick return

We are in a tiz about what we should do , do we hang onto the in laws place and wait to see what happens to the market or wear the resulting taxes if we don't sell within 12 months of the probate release
A wind farm and an ammonia plant... what could go wrong?
:roll

Word is they are filming the sequel to Apocalypse Now there........"I love the smell of ammonia in the morning"!

Post Reply