R.I.P. Stan Lee

General Social Discussion
Geo.

R.I.P. Stan Lee

Post by Geo. » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:40 pm

Brought joy to many generation's..s man of great imagination..

Spidy sensses are tingling.

R. I. P .
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:57 pm

R. I. P

Great career.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:12 pm

Aw! Sad to hear.
Many times have people said to me that I speak comic book English.
Well as a 12 yo migrant kid in the early sixties, with no English, it was the wold of Marvel comics that gave me my education in English language.
Used to search the Neighborhood for soft drink bottles, cash them in and have enough for the latest Spider Man, Fantastic Four or Daredevil publications by Marvel. Stan Lee was and is a legend.
The world has lost another gem. RIP

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:17 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:12 pm
Aw! Sad to hear.
Well as a 12 yo migrant kid in the early sixties, with no English, it was the wold of Marvel comics that gave me my education in English language.
Used to search the Neighborhood for soft drink bottles, cash them in and have enough for the latest Spider Man, Fantastic Four or Daredevil publications by Marvel. Stan Lee was and is a legend.
Great insight. Love stories that reveal the poster.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 11:16 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Aw! Sad to hear.
Awesome. Thanks for sharing mate.
Those were the days huh...
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 3:44 am

He was a very gifted man. RIP
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 7:42 am

R.I.P
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 9:03 am

R.I.P.
thankyou for the fun your imaginative mind gave us.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 10:46 am

Not a fan of comics, or the corresponding movie franchises, but there is no denying that Lee basically gave birth to an entire universe and his imagination inspired a lot of happiness, in much the same way Lucas' Star Wars did.

Even if you are not a fan, you can still appreciate the mark he left on art and culture.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:06 am

The world is a little poorer. He has left a great legacy behind that has entertained and helped millions. I will miss his quirky cameos.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:28 am

I did like his appearance on the Simpsons.

Stan Lee: He can't be the Hulk! I'm the Hulk! Mrrrroaarrr! Come on, damnit, change! Mmmmm!
Comic Book Guy: Oh, please! You couldn't even change into Bill Bixby!
Stan Lee: Mmmmm! Aw, forget it. Mm-mmmm! I really did it once!
Comic Book Guy: Yes, yes. I just wish you had the power to leave my store.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

willow

Post by willow » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 3:59 pm

RIP Stan - You changed the world.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 4:12 pm

So would Marvel just stop with new production of the Marvel universal?. ( i.e. new characters etc)
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 4:27 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 4:12 pm
So would Marvel just stop with new production of the Marvel universal?. ( i.e. new characters etc)
Did he have that much to do with it?

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 11:43 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Aw! Sad to hear.
Clicked on this thread not knowing who Stan Lee was. Loved reading your post though M and M, those sorts of stories bring back great memories of a simpler time when little treats were cherished much more than in today's world of instantaneous acquiring of knowledge/possessions. Thanks for sharing your tale.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:19 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 11:43 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Aw! Sad to hear.
Clicked on this thread not knowing who Stan Lee was. Loved reading your post though M and M, those sorts of stories bring back great memories of a simpler time when little treats were cherished much more than in today's world of instantaneous acquiring of knowledge/possessions. Thanks for sharing your tale.
Yep ..... as one gets older and you get more spare time on your hands ...... you tend to reminisce about things in your life. And people who you grew up with and those that influenced and brought joy to your life ...... when they pass it makes you think how much they contributed to things that you tend to take for granted.
Must say I find this forum really good in that some of the topic pick up some great chatter about non footy subject matter.