Spare a thought for TT

General Social Discussion
TrueTiger

Spare a thought for TT

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:16 pm

Just letting you guys and girls know that my partner of 12 yrs has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has had a single mastectomy this week gone.....This came as a total shock to us and now we are dealing with it as best we can,her Dr said he will cure her and we may have got it early.....

Even in these circumstances my partner was released yesterday and today went back over to the hospital to give her roommate flowers and donuts as she has no family in the area....a true generous and big hearted woman is my partner and hopefully after 6 months of chemo we will be back to as close to normal as possible..

I love my partner...the WTs and you guys...heres to a great preseason and year ahead... :D

sidenote to all the girls on the forum or who visit our site....always check your breasts and have scans,this disease comes out of nowhere...prevention is better than cure...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:23 pm

Stay positive TT. All our good vibes are headed your way

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:28 pm

All the best Zig.... She's got a good fella in you, I'm sure she's getting plenty of support... Good. Luck

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:32 pm

Very best wishes to your partner and your family!!
Madgic!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:33 pm

Hang in there TT, my wife went through the same battle about ten years ago. Everything is okay now, but it is always in the back of your mind. My advise try and be positive and upbeat and make the most of every day.

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:33 pm

From one TT to another all the best with your partner's recovery, stay strong and give her plenty of support.

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:49 pm

Hey mate, just wishing you and your partner all the very best for the future. If your doctor says he'll help you beat it, I'm sure he will. My wife went through the same thing two years ago with a single mastectomy and has recovered really well. All her tests since show no signs of any cancer. Six years ago I had the same issue with prostate cancer and I've had no problems since. My point in mentioning our examples is that on both occasions the cancer was detected early and dealt with positively. The latest stats show that recovery rates with breast and prostate cancer detected early are close to 90%. So, keep positive and do everything your doctor recommends.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:52 pm

Hope everything goes well for both of you.Give her all of your support TT and stay positive.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:53 pm

Thoughts are with you, your wife, family and friends. Hopefully you have got onto it early and may her recovery be complete and swift.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:54 pm

coivtny wrote:
Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:49 pm
Hey mate, just wishing you and your partner all the very best for the future. If your doctor says he'll help you beat it, I'm sure he will. My wife went through the same thing two years ago with a single mastectomy and has recovered really well. All her tests since show no signs of any cancer. Six years ago I had the same issue with prostate cancer and I've had no problems since. My point in mentioning our examples is that on both occasions the cancer was detected early and dealt with positively. The latest stats show that recovery rates with breast and prostate cancer detected early are close to 90%. So, keep positive and do everything your doctor recommends.

Thanks coivtny,your input makes me feel better and gives me great hope for a positive outcome....

thanks to all the replies and well wishes......as my signature states.......YOU MAY SEE ME STRUGGLE BUT YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME QUIT....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:54 pm

All the Best TT.

My girl had a brain tumor diagnosed at 21.

Had it removed all hose years back and had 5 kids together since.

There is always Hope and Love helps make hard times palletable.

Life is short and precious

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 1:07 pm

All the best to you and your partner.
Its a tough call but try and stay positive as only time and results from the treatment will ultimately determine the final result.

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 1:14 pm

Thanks for sharing TT and all the best to your partner. You will both look back on it in the years to come as one of lifes many challenges.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 1:18 pm

All the best TT. Hope it all works out
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 1:28 pm

Hope it all goes well Zig. I would say a prayer, but as my belief is not there, maybe you could say another one. Been a while since we met, but she could not have a better guy beside her for support along the coming journey.
Last edited by formerguest on Tue 20 Nov, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toowoomba Tiger

Post by Toowoomba Tiger » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 1:28 pm

Just reading this reminds me to keep things in perspective.
We all get worked up over the smallest things at times, including our footy club.
Family is the most important thing we have and so, so precious.
Wish you guys all the best and hope for a full recovery.
Thank you for sharing in such a difficult time.
previously known as 'The Tooth'

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 1:30 pm

Chin up and good luck always.... :sign:

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 1:41 pm

I know it's an easy thing to say but, from my own experience, one of the most important things is to stay positive. All the best for you and yours TT.
"Quality Stupidity"