NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Demps

Re: Dylan Walker

Post by Demps » Fri 07 Dec, 2018 3:29 pm

Chin up Walkz.

Guys has a troubled upbringing.
No excuse tho...
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 07 Dec, 2018 7:20 pm

Abraham wrote:
Fri 07 Dec, 2018 2:36 pm
cktiger wrote:
Fri 07 Dec, 2018 2:13 pm
Abraham wrote:
Fri 07 Dec, 2018 11:52 am
How many times have players been charged with these sort of offenses, been crucified in the media, and then been shown to be innocent?

Yeah he's a Manly scumbag, but no-one knows what actually happened so best to wait for the facts to come out before sharpening the guillotine.
He did it on his front lawn in front of his neighbours .... not much chance of that.
Pretty vague what the neighbours reportedly saw. There's nothing wrong with being patient until the facts are presented before a judge.

Kenny-Dowel, El-Masri, Inglis ... there's a whole list of guys accused of really bad stuff that turned out to be exaggeration and lies.

But if it turns out to be true, then i'll join you in hanging the bloke.
False claims happen all the time. I met El-Masri's brother at a family event and he sounded pissed (definitely not aggressive - he was a nice guy) that he was even charged. At the same time I can understand the position the police are in.

I think you make a good point - often it's really exaggerated and even lies.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 08 Dec, 2018 9:32 am

There is always an element of he said she said.

Unless it happens on the front lawn in front of half a dozen neighbours, in which case it is hard to dispute the facts.

I can't believe that Gorman is already citing precedent where players were able to play through until the outcome of legal proceedings. I was not there, but all the information in the public sphere makes it sound like a fairly open and shut case.

Surely the NRL integrity unit can see a brief of evidence & see whether any witnesses are prepared to be interviewed. If so, draw a line in the sand and stand him down.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 08 Dec, 2018 11:44 am

Wayne Cousins must be ripping his hair out with all these dramas at Manly.
I’m glad he moved to a stable club.