Wed 01 Nov, 2017 8:15 am
Nelson wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 7:59 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 3:57 pm
hammertime wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 1:16 pm

Call me old fashioned GCT, but it's a very different story between

1) Not knowing that you were technically ineligible to serve government and working hard for a paycheck; to
2) Purposefully deceiving government for increased dole payments (and not working for that money).

Would anyone have voted any differently if they had known he had duel citizenship? No. of course they wouldn't.

We honestly have far more important issues to be talking about.
It's does my head in that we focus more on drama these days than what's going to better our lives.
True , but even if the people in the example were getting over paid without know ing they were getting more than they should. When found out, no matter how long it had been happening they'd have to pay ALL of the money back
You're contrasting people getting overpaid welfare payments i.e. payments they do nothing to earn with people getting paid to do a job. I may not particularly like most politicians but they do work very hard and many of them are forced to spend significant time away from their families. Making them pay back everything back and financially crippling their families seems pretty mean-spirited to me.
Everything above and beyond their parliamentary wage and base superannuation (9.5%,) should be paid back IMO. They should get no pension either.

There's a provision in the constitution isn't there that they can be taken for damages to the tune of 100 pounds per day they have illegally sat in office, isn't there? Surprised no opportunist has jumped on that yet.
It's s 46 of the Constitution but it has been displaced by this Act (and section):

COMMON INFORMERS (PARLIAMENTARY DISQUALIFICATIONS) ACT 1975 - SECT 3
Penalty for sitting when disqualified

(1) Any person who, whether before or after the commencement of this Act, has sat as a senator or as a member of the House of Representatives while he or she was a person declared by the Constitution to be incapable of so sitting shall be liable to pay to any person who sues for it in the High Court a sum equal to the total of:

(a) $200 in respect of his or her having so sat on or before the day on which the originating process in the suit is served on him or her; and

(b) $200 for every day, subsequent to that day, on which he or she is proved in the suit to have so sat.

(2) A suit under this section shall not relate to any sitting of a person as a senator or as a member of the House of Representatives at a time earlier than 12 months before the day on which the suit is instituted.

(3) The High Court shall refuse to make an order in a suit under this Act that would, in the opinion of the Court, cause the person against whom it was made to be penalized more than once in respect of any period or day of sitting as a senator or as a member of the House of Representatives.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 10:41 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 4:11 pm
Can't get any further left than Murdoch owned publications, eh Col?
:crazy :crazy

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 7:54 am

magpiecol wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 10:41 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Indeed mate, you made the claim that virtually the whole media are leftist. Clearly you don't have Foxtel or read any of the dozens of the News: Limited owned publications.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 8:32 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 7:54 am
magpiecol wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Indeed mate, you made the claim that virtually the whole media are leftist. Clearly you don't have Foxtel or read any of the dozens of the News: Limited owned publications.
Fair and Balanced as you well know.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 8:43 am

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 8:32 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Yep, can't get more fair and balanced than Piers Akerman, Andrew Bolt and Miranda Devine :lol:
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 8:54 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 8:43 am
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 8:32 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Yep, can't get more fair and balanced than Piers Akerman, Andrew Bolt and Miranda Devine :lol:
I raise you a Jones, Credlin, Dean, Cameron, .......................

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 11:56 am

I have only seen Credlin when I was hospitalised and she was for gay marriage - she must have escaped Tony Abbott's influence
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 1:49 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 11:56 am
I have only seen Credlin when I was hospitalised and she was for gay marriage - she must have escaped Tony Abbott's influence
She is entitled to her opinion. Mr Abbott is entitled to his. So do you and I and everyone else. There are no right or wrong opinions, there are just opinions.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 2:10 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 1:49 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
She is entitled to her opinion. Mr Abbott is entitled to his. So do you and I and everyone else. There are no right or wrong opinions, there are just opinions.
According to many religious groups there are wrong opinions! As the gay groups also claim.

You sound like the opposite of Abraham - hearing no evil, seeing no evil and speaking no evil. Abe even sees evil hopping across the field.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 4:02 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 2:10 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 1:49 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
According to many religious groups there are wrong opinions! As the gay groups also claim.

You sound like the opposite of Abraham - hearing no evil, seeing no evil and speaking no evil. Abe even sees evil hopping across the field.
:? :?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:37 pm

Look if the patient has made an attempt to cure their ailment and they have reached the point of no return and are in pain people deserve to die with dignity

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:41 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:37 pm
Look if the patient has made an attempt to cure their ailment and they have reached the point of no return and are in pain people deserve to die with dignity
Good to see you back, and yes, they certainly deserve a choice.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:44 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:41 pm
happy tiger wrote:
It was this very issues that lead me away from the Forum unfortunately FG

Thanks mate for the welcome

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:10 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:44 pm
formerguest wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

You OK now?
Didnt seem too happy 7 months back...have a read of Dogs fans thought on Woods, that'll cheer u up

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:43 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:10 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:44 pm
formerguest wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

You OK now?
Didnt seem too happy 7 months back...have a read of Dogs fans thought on Woods, that'll cheer u up
Without going too much into why I wanted out I had two family members diagnosed with untreatable cancer within a short time frame and given only weeks to live within days of each other

I wanted to focus on my family but was concerned my addiction to this place so at one stage thought the best way out was to get kicked off

To see the complete different way cancer took their lives was downright horrible

The first passed with little pain but horrible amounts of cancer riddled throughout her body , the other passed 15 days ago and was getting radiation treatment to kill the nerves around the affected areas to try and reduce the pain

They were totally bed bound , in a neck to hip brace because of a fall that broke a rib and a bone in their spinal column above where the bone cancer was in their spinal column as well as battling esophygal cancer caused by reflux

He should of been able to pass with dignity and grace instead of being unable to recognize his children or grandchildren even a week before he passed and crying because of the pain

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:53 pm

Sorry to hear that...tough times

Sometimes in times like that, something such as this is good to take you away from it for a short time. Too much focus in troubled times can overwhelm you and a breather can be helpful, this place can be a small welcome distraction for the big gig that is life, family and all that goes with it

Each to their own of course as everyones different

Good to see you back though Hap

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:46 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:53 pm
Sorry to hear that...tough times

Sometimes in times like that, something such as this is good to take you away from it for a short time. Too much focus in troubled times can overwhelm you and a breather can be helpful, this place can be a small welcome distraction for the big gig that is life, family and all that goes with it

Each to their own of course as everyones different

Good to see you back though Hap
Thanks Ink

Its just been one of those years , you think it can't get worse and unfortunately it has :(

"The darkest hour is still only 60 minutes" , I'm sure as hell sick of the overtime

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 10:20 pm

Sorry to hear that news.