Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

General Social Discussion
Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Post by Munk » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:10 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 8:45 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 1:14 am
Dont you love the self-righteous when they posture so proudly and loudly? Trump had a strong 2017 against all odds. They cant get him on this Russian non sense so now they are going after his sanity. They will stop at nothing to get him booted because their little minds have not recovered from such an embarrassing defeat. It truly brings a smile to my face.
Did you read his tweets overnight? Self proclaiming himself as a genius. Idk about you, but I don’t know too many geniuses that feel they need to tell everybody that they are geniuses. I don’t see Bill Gates or Stephen Hawking needing to tell everybody how smart they are. You can say over and over that his tweets are aimed at “upsetting snowflakes”, but if you can’t admit the tweets overnight for example came from a mind that at the very least is totally insecure about himself then I’m not sure what planet you are on.
I tend not to read tweets from anyone. He is a good troll though ill say that. Very good at misdirection.


Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:13 am

coivtny wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:02 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 8:45 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 1:14 am
Dont you love the self-righteous when they posture so proudly and loudly? Trump had a strong 2017 against all odds. They cant get him on this Russian non sense so now they are going after his sanity. They will stop at nothing to get him booted because their little minds have not recovered from such an embarrassing defeat. It truly brings a smile to my face.
Did you read his tweets overnight? Self proclaiming himself as a genius. Idk about you, but I don’t know too many geniuses that feel they need to tell everybody that they are geniuses. I don’t see Bill Gates or Stephen Hawking needing to tell everybody how smart they are. You can say over and over that his tweets are aimed at “upsetting snowflakes”, but if you can’t admit the tweets overnight for example came from a mind that at the very least is totally insecure about himself then I’m not sure what planet you are on.
Couldn't agree more. I've followed politics for a long time. I was 21 when Whitlam was elected and like a lot of people my politics has shifted from the left to the right over the years. Although now firmly in the centre right I have not seen a worse world leader than Trump although the last two North Korean leaders are close runners-up. He's a braggard and a blowhard but they're his good points. In my opinion he's seriously unhinged so much so that I'm convinced the Republicans will find a reason not to endorse him for a second term or convince him that his work is done and he can step down. I'm more than happy for the Republicans to own the White House just not with this embarrassment. What the poor choice the two major parties gave the American people in 2016 with Clinton and Trump.
If you follow politics as you claim, then you have nothing to say about the trail of destruction left by the Obama administration?

coivtny
Member
Member
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 9:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by coivtny » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:21 am

Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:13 am
coivtny wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:02 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 8:45 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 1:14 am
Dont you love the self-righteous when they posture so proudly and loudly? Trump had a strong 2017 against all odds. They cant get him on this Russian non sense so now they are going after his sanity. They will stop at nothing to get him booted because their little minds have not recovered from such an embarrassing defeat. It truly brings a smile to my face.
Did you read his tweets overnight? Self proclaiming himself as a genius. Idk about you, but I don’t know too many geniuses that feel they need to tell everybody that they are geniuses. I don’t see Bill Gates or Stephen Hawking needing to tell everybody how smart they are. You can say over and over that his tweets are aimed at “upsetting snowflakes”, but if you can’t admit the tweets overnight for example came from a mind that at the very least is totally insecure about himself then I’m not sure what planet you are on.
Couldn't agree more. I've followed politics for a long time. I was 21 when Whitlam was elected and like a lot of people my politics has shifted from the left to the right over the years. Although now firmly in the centre right I have not seen a worse world leader than Trump although the last two North Korean leaders are close runners-up. He's a braggard and a blowhard but they're his good points. In my opinion he's seriously unhinged so much so that I'm convinced the Republicans will find a reason not to endorse him for a second term or convince him that his work is done and he can step down. I'm more than happy for the Republicans to own the White House just not with this embarrassment. What the poor choice the two major parties gave the American people in 2016 with Clinton and Trump.
If you follow politics as you claim, then you have nothing to say about the trail of destruction left by the Obama administration?
Do you read your own posts? Why would you start a reply like that? Yes I follow politics but I don't need to prove that to you. I didn't comment on Obama because this part of the thread is about Trump not Obama and I certainly wouldn't put Obama in the top rung of world's worst leaders hence there was no need to mention him.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19334
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:29 am

Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 1:14 am
Dont you love the self-righteous when they posture so proudly and loudly? Trump had a strong 2017 against all odds. They cant get him on this Russian non sense so now they are going after his sanity. They will stop at nothing to get him booted because their little minds have not recovered from such an embarrassing defeat. It truly brings a smile to my face.
Further to this. A couple of points.

In regards to the Russian investigation, whose “they”? The Democrats? CNN? As I said last night, the person leading the investigation is a Republican. Trump is the one raising questions about his sanity. Ask yourself how you would react if Obama said and did some of the things Trump has done.


Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 10:06 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 6:36 am
Meanwhile Malcolm.........
And throw in Denial Anderson the Premier in Victoria who is MIA with all the issues of the Sudanese gangs going on.


magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2793
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 11:03 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:29 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 1:14 am
Dont you love the self-righteous when they posture so proudly and loudly? Trump had a strong 2017 against all odds. They cant get him on this Russian non sense so now they are going after his sanity. They will stop at nothing to get him booted because their little minds have not recovered from such an embarrassing defeat. It truly brings a smile to my face.
Further to this. A couple of points.

In regards to the Russian investigation, whose “they”? The Democrats? CNN? As I said last night, the person leading the investigation is a Republican. Trump is the one raising questions about his sanity. Ask yourself how you would react if Obama said and did some of the things Trump has done.


Russian Investigation? Even the "fake news " mob are giving up on that farce.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the- Clinton e-mail, Clinton Uranium, Clinton Foundation inquiries.

Anyone see a pattern here?

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 11:10 am

coivtny wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:21 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:13 am
coivtny wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:02 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 8:45 am

Did you read his tweets overnight? Self proclaiming himself as a genius. Idk about you, but I don’t know too many geniuses that feel they need to tell everybody that they are geniuses. I don’t see Bill Gates or Stephen Hawking needing to tell everybody how smart they are. You can say over and over that his tweets are aimed at “upsetting snowflakes”, but if you can’t admit the tweets overnight for example came from a mind that at the very least is totally insecure about himself then I’m not sure what planet you are on.
Couldn't agree more. I've followed politics for a long time. I was 21 when Whitlam was elected and like a lot of people my politics has shifted from the left to the right over the years. Although now firmly in the centre right I have not seen a worse world leader than Trump although the last two North Korean leaders are close runners-up. He's a braggard and a blowhard but they're his good points. In my opinion he's seriously unhinged so much so that I'm convinced the Republicans will find a reason not to endorse him for a second term or convince him that his work is done and he can step down. I'm more than happy for the Republicans to own the White House just not with this embarrassment. What the poor choice the two major parties gave the American people in 2016 with Clinton and Trump.
If you follow politics as you claim, then you have nothing to say about the trail of destruction left by the Obama administration?
Do you read your own posts? Why would you start a reply like that? Yes I follow politics but I don't need to prove that to you. I didn't comment on Obama because this part of the thread is about Trump not Obama and I certainly wouldn't put Obama in the top rung of world's worst leaders hence there was no need to mention him.
Exactly as I thought.

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 11:16 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:29 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 1:14 am
Dont you love the self-righteous when they posture so proudly and loudly? Trump had a strong 2017 against all odds. They cant get him on this Russian non sense so now they are going after his sanity. They will stop at nothing to get him booted because their little minds have not recovered from such an embarrassing defeat. It truly brings a smile to my face.
Further to this. A couple of points.

In regards to the Russian investigation, whose “they”? The Democrats? CNN? As I said last night, the person leading the investigation is a Republican. Trump is the one raising questions about his sanity. Ask yourself how you would react if Obama said and did some of the things Trump has done.

Of course the democrats. Cute video.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19334
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 11:27 am

Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 11:16 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:29 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 1:14 am
Dont you love the self-righteous when they posture so proudly and loudly? Trump had a strong 2017 against all odds. They cant get him on this Russian non sense so now they are going after his sanity. They will stop at nothing to get him booted because their little minds have not recovered from such an embarrassing defeat. It truly brings a smile to my face.
Further to this. A couple of points.

In regards to the Russian investigation, whose “they”? The Democrats? CNN? As I said last night, the person leading the investigation is a Republican. Trump is the one raising questions about his sanity. Ask yourself how you would react if Obama said and did some of the things Trump has done.

Of course the democrats. Cute video.
The Democrats are the ones investigating him are they? Hilarious.

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 11:31 am

Muffstar wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 10:06 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 6:36 am
Meanwhile Malcolm.........
And throw in Denial Anderson the Premier in Victoria who is MIA with all the issues of the Sudanese gangs going on.
It is a real problem. They are creating a bad presence in Canberra as well. Their world view is far removed from ours and integration is not going well.

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 11:32 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 11:27 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 11:16 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:29 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 1:14 am
Dont you love the self-righteous when they posture so proudly and loudly? Trump had a strong 2017 against all odds. They cant get him on this Russian non sense so now they are going after his sanity. They will stop at nothing to get him booted because their little minds have not recovered from such an embarrassing defeat. It truly brings a smile to my face.
Further to this. A couple of points.

In regards to the Russian investigation, whose “they”? The Democrats? CNN? As I said last night, the person leading the investigation is a Republican. Trump is the one raising questions about his sanity. Ask yourself how you would react if Obama said and did some of the things Trump has done.

Of course the democrats. Cute video.
The Democrats are the ones investigating him are they? Hilarious.
Obviously not but they are behind the push and have been since day dot. Poor losers.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19334
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 11:44 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 11:03 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:29 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 1:14 am
Dont you love the self-righteous when they posture so proudly and loudly? Trump had a strong 2017 against all odds. They cant get him on this Russian non sense so now they are going after his sanity. They will stop at nothing to get him booted because their little minds have not recovered from such an embarrassing defeat. It truly brings a smile to my face.
Further to this. A couple of points.

In regards to the Russian investigation, whose “they”? The Democrats? CNN? As I said last night, the person leading the investigation is a Republican. Trump is the one raising questions about his sanity. Ask yourself how you would react if Obama said and did some of the things Trump has done.


Russian Investigation? Even the "fake news " mob are giving up on that farce.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the- Clinton e-mail, Clinton Uranium, Clinton Foundation inquiries.

Anyone see a pattern here?
Maybe Donald should appoint someone to investigate her then. Like he said he would.

coivtny
Member
Member
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 9:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by coivtny » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 10:41 pm

Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 11:10 am
coivtny wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:21 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:13 am
coivtny wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:02 am

Couldn't agree more. I've followed politics for a long time. I was 21 when Whitlam was elected and like a lot of people my politics has shifted from the left to the right over the years. Although now firmly in the centre right I have not seen a worse world leader than Trump although the last two North Korean leaders are close runners-up. He's a braggard and a blowhard but they're his good points. In my opinion he's seriously unhinged so much so that I'm convinced the Republicans will find a reason not to endorse him for a second term or convince him that his work is done and he can step down. I'm more than happy for the Republicans to own the White House just not with this embarrassment. What the poor choice the two major parties gave the American people in 2016 with Clinton and Trump.
If you follow politics as you claim, then you have nothing to say about the trail of destruction left by the Obama administration?
Do you read your own posts? Why would you start a reply like that? Yes I follow politics but I don't need to prove that to you. I didn't comment on Obama because this part of the thread is about Trump not Obama and I certainly wouldn't put Obama in the top rung of world's worst leaders hence there was no need to mention him.
Exactly as I thought.
Wish I was as clever as you. Another failed keyboard warrior.

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Mon 08 Jan, 2018 12:51 am

Lol you are far too old to be so easily trolled by Trump.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 08 Jan, 2018 9:04 am

Munk wrote:
Mon 08 Jan, 2018 12:51 am
Lol you are far too old to be so easily trolled by Trump.
Well Trump may not be brilliant but he certainly pulled the wool over your eyes.

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Abraham » Mon 08 Jan, 2018 11:17 am

colmcd wrote:
Wed 27 Dec, 2017 8:06 am
Hillary was actually a very moral person.
I know its a few weeks old, but i have been on Forum Vacation, only to be hit with this on my return.

To say my jaw hit the desk is an understatement.

You are either trolling me, or your are actually Hillary Clinton incognito. Because not even the most rusted on Democrat would claim her to be a moral person. Not even in a half-joking, wink wink manner.

I can't look at your posts in the same way anymore. If we were in a relationship, i'd break up with you over this.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 08 Jan, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm not sure how much of a moral person Clinton is - I don't think there are too many moral politicians worldwide.

However I am absolutely sure that she is more moral than trump.

That could put her a long way down the moral scale, maybe even an 8/100 - I don't know. That leaves Trump with a 1-7 out of 100. Not a good score.

However, at least Clinton is not a goose as well.

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Abraham » Mon 08 Jan, 2018 12:20 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Dec, 2017 9:10 am
If I was a follower of God, I'd be offended over how much Trump goes on about religion, because it's all fake. Out of all the disengenuous things about him, claiming to be a man of God and ramming it down the worlds throat is probably the most disengenuous thing about him. He knows who the core of his base is. Any Christian who votes for him based on his religious stance is being taken for a ride. I feel sorry for them.
Agree completely.

A lot of my friends go on about how "Christian" he is .. i just roll my eyes.

Its good that he is doing things that a Conservative Christian President would do. But it is important to be mindful that he is only doing so to attract and keep onside a particular demographic that got him elected. He is not a moral person, which is ok as many people aren't, but he sees no problem with it. That's how you can tell is is no man of God.

Just need to separate the man from the policies.

Post Reply
cron