Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

General Social Discussion
Spud Murphy

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 06 Apr, 2018 11:57 pm

"Our country is not based on the Aboriginals. Our country is what it is because of the migrants that have become here," Senator Hanson said.

I'll just put this here. Pauline Hanson showing her disgust at the amount of time given to indigenous culture during the Commomwealth Games Opening Ceremony. She's certainly said some clangers in her time, but this has to take the cake considering her harsh stand on not wanting Australia to let any more 'migrants' in :lol:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 07 Apr, 2018 2:59 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 06 Apr, 2018 11:57 pm
"Our country is not based on the Aboriginals. Our country is what it is because of the migrants that have become here," Senator Hanson said.

I'll just put this here. Pauline Hanson showing her disgust at the amount of time given to indigenous culture during the Commomwealth Games Opening Ceremony. She's certainly said some clangers in her time, but this has to take the cake considering her harsh stand on not wanting Australia to let any more 'migrants' in :lol:
Thank God the world can see she is a ranga :D

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 07 Apr, 2018 6:49 am

Hanson is back where it started, having moved onto Asia for a while, before targeting religious beliefs to suit her political agenda. She is a bigoted fool that also recently sold out on the corporate tax cut for the big end of town, including the protected banks for a meagrely thousand apprenticeships. An amount that just one of the big four would happily pay for out of petty cash as part of the potential billion/s that they will reap.

Remembering that tax cuts for businesses with a $50 million turnover will start from July 1st, I am glad we had two southern representatives had the sense to stop this further hit to our structural government deficit. A deficit that has more than trebled under the current government.

Don't believe the hype, as it is a fallacy.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:35 pm

Lot of talk tonight about the issue with 507's being deported from Australia

To say I'm embarrassed to call myself an Australian with what is happening is an understatement

With the families they are talking about in Biloela , it is a disgrace

So basically what has happened in real terms (Before someone questions this , the company I work for brought 6 boys up , 3 in Gladstone and 3 in Biloela ) and basically while all the major industry was going on in both towns , these boys were doing jobs that no one else wanted Two of the boys in Gladstone basically refused to work and did a runner back to Melbourne

Now that the industry in both towns is dying and locals are unemployed they now decide to pull their lives out from under them

I have gotten to know 2 of the men quite well , one from Iraq whose family is being held in prison until he agrees to come back and face the consequences , he worked for the Americans as an interpreter during the war His parents owned a business and they have taken everything , I used to have some very dark conversations with him :cry: Unbelievably hard worker , always had a big smile ,despite everything

The 2nd is a Sri Lankan and outworks anyone I care to know , has a full time job at the meatworks and works around 30 hours a week in his 2nd job , he has just been told he will get deported as of last week

We can't do this to people , make them believe they have a life in our country and then steal it when it doesn't suit our country or Govt

Shame Mr Dutton Shame

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 28 May, 2018 11:03 pm

Yet if your family has plenty of money, you fly in, take one of the university places that a good amount of our politicians got for free and then hang around. They then of course bring their families in that have already had a property sitting vacant long term waiting for them.

Meanwhile we have defence personnel participating in conflicts from which people are fleeing and yet offer little or no sanctuary for them, whilst voting against sanctions for snipers of a national army killing people throwing rocks that land far from them.

Go figure.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 28 May, 2018 11:16 pm

My first cousin was on that panel but I still managed to fall asleep, the first time that I watched that show in years.

Global warming etc. will wipe us out before social injustice etc is wiped out. The world is getting crueller under Trump. World armaments cost so much - all the world's problems could be virtually solved if that cost was re-directed to worthwhile aims.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue 29 May, 2018 9:14 am

I’ve worked in an airline overseas, airline lost money, expats were booted first.

It sucks, especially when your emotionally involved. It happens all over the world and Australia isn’t the only country. In fact I’m fairly sure most countries would hire nationals over foreign workers.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 29 May, 2018 9:51 am

formerguest wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 11:03 pm
Yet if your family has plenty of money, you fly in, take one of the university places that a good amount of our politicians got for free and then hang around. They then of course bring their families in that have already had a property sitting vacant long term waiting for them.

Meanwhile we have defence personnel participating in conflicts from which people are fleeing and yet offer little or no sanctuary for them, whilst voting against sanctions for snipers of a national army killing people throwing rocks that land far from them.

Go figure.
Too bad that's what people think... not what really happens.
Without the fees from overseas students our universities would crumble... and getting your family here is not easy unless they are incredibly wealthy.
As for your second paragraph I'm wondering if you believe we should open the floodgates and let anyone into the country and then support the Iran and Hamas agenda in the middle east?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 29 May, 2018 10:11 am

cktiger wrote:
Tue 29 May, 2018 9:51 am
formerguest wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 11:03 pm

Go figure.
Too bad that's what people think... not what really happens.
Without the fees from overseas students our universities would crumble... and getting your family here is not easy unless they are incredibly wealthy.
As for your second paragraph I'm wondering if you believe we should open the floodgates and let anyone into the country and then support the Iran and Hamas agenda in the middle east?
It is not a matter of what people think, it is fact and the floodgate for those with fat wallets. Argue with the figures of your preferred conservative government's agencies if you think they are wrong, not me.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 29 May, 2018 10:15 am

In my days working in the airline games, I saw refuges being dragged onto aircraft screaming and shouting because they faced certain death when they returned to their country of birth.

I am not sure what the answer is, but its not sending them home to a death sentence

Kul

Post by Kul » Tue 29 May, 2018 10:43 am

merged into the Politics thread
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue 29 May, 2018 10:46 am

supercoach wrote:
Tue 29 May, 2018 10:15 am
In my days working in the airline games, I saw refuges being dragged onto aircraft screaming and shouting because they faced certain death when they returned to their country of birth.

I am not sure what the answer is, but its not sending them home to a death sentence
I think mixing of the pool there. Humanitarian visas given to people facing purgery or fleeing inhabitable countries are very different to visas given for 457 “ skilled migration” visas. One is to help save needless suffering and saves lives. The other is to help cover a shortage in occupations Australia needs.. Two very different circumstances.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 29 May, 2018 11:26 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 11:16 pm
My first cousin was on that panel but I still managed to fall asleep, the first time that I watched that show in years.

Global warming etc. will wipe us out before social injustice etc is wiped out. The world is getting crueller under Trump. World armaments cost so much - all the world's problems could be virtually solved if that cost was re-directed to worthwhile aims.
Crueller under Trump?

I guess you weren't around when Mr Hitler was treating everyone so kindly.

:? :shock: :brick:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 30 May, 2018 2:23 am

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 29 May, 2018 11:26 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Crueller under Trump?

Trump is using the same tactics as Hitler, scape-goating minorities, dangerous answers to problems that don't even exist, attempting to control the media and all facets of establishment.

I meant crueller than when he took office. Trump does not care if he wrecks the biosphere therefore doing even more damage than Hitler achieved. His anti-environmental policies almost guarantee the destruction of the environment.

One reason for wars is over-population causing resource shortages, this population increase is driven by modern medicines such as childhood vaccines etc. and longer life spans.

The point I was getting at is that even if we solve social injustice and inequality problems world wide it will be pretty useless if we don't also fix up the population and environment. In 100 years, if we don't change things, the world will be unrecognisable. People will wish that they were not born.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 30 May, 2018 5:10 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 2:23 am
magpiecol wrote:
Tue 29 May, 2018 11:26 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Crueller under Trump?

Trump is using the same tactics as Hitler, scape-goating minorities, dangerous answers to problems that don't even exist, attempting to control the media and all facets of establishment.

I meant crueller than when he took office. Trump does not care if he wrecks the biosphere therefore doing even more damage than Hitler achieved. His anti-environmental policies almost guarantee the destruction of the environment.

One reason for wars is over-population causing resource shortages, this population increase is driven by modern medicines such as childhood vaccines etc. and longer life spans.

The point I was getting at is that even if we solve social injustice and inequality problems world wide it will be pretty useless if we don't also fix up the population and environment. In 100 years, if we don't change things, the world will be unrecognisable. People will wish that they were not born.
I am really embarrassed for you.

:cry: :cry:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 30 May, 2018 5:14 pm

Kul wrote:
Tue 29 May, 2018 10:43 am
merged into the Politics thread
Sorry Kul I viewed this from a more social / moral pov

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 30 May, 2018 5:18 pm

I legally have to vote now. :cry: :cry:
And i don't know a think about politics even though i did Commerce and Business studies at school.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 30 May, 2018 5:20 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:

I look at things with the opposite view , the only way we will fix any global issue is to make it socially unacceptable

I look at what the youth in America are attempting with the gun lobby and it gives me a glimmer of hope

If we can potentially show our youth the issues and give them achievable solutions they will act

Lets put it this way , their parents have done SFA in regards to many of the issues raised