magpiecol wrote:
Mon 08 Oct, 2018 6:03 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 08 Oct, 2018 7:45 am
magpiecol wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 10:56 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 8:25 am

Incorrect Trump is a compulsive liar which most americans can clearly see.He will not get a 2nd term
Stay off the fake news channels and educate yourself.

:blah :blah
I saw a poll the other day asking whether Trump campaigning for candidates during the midterms would make you more or less likely to vote for them. 26% said more likely, amd 43% said less likely. Obama was in the same poll and 42% said more likely and 31% said less likely.
Are these polls the same ones that said Clinton would be the next president?

I'm convinced.
The polls may have registered people's feelings but they did not necessary vote, that is a big difference in a country where voting is not compulsory. As well their rural "electorates" having a lot fewer voters than the city so the country bumpkins get over representation. It was initially an enticement to get the slave-states to join the Union. So in no way is it pure democracy.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:58 am

Can someone explain to me why the President insists on claiming Hillary should be investigated, and leads lock her up chants. when during the election he promised to open an investigation himself. Where's that investigation? Promises kept huh? Not that one. Makes it obvious the Hillary bashing is a political tool, nothing more.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:45 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:58 am
Can someone explain to me why the President insists on claiming Hillary should be investigated, and leads lock her up chants. when during the election he promised to open an investigation himself. Where's that investigation? Promises kept huh? Not that one. Makes it obvious the Hillary bashing is a political tool, nothing more.
Before this all blew up I was a Julian Assange fan but it now turns out that he may have Russian connections that extend to Trump and his election so it is a whole different scenario. Many of us may not like what America does but that does not make it ethical or positive to assist in demolishing their democratic process - to make it like Russia's and to install a Russian stooge into the WH. That Manning was naive and had a psychological condition and could be deserving of pardon by Obama but Assange is right on top of his game and may have been too smart for his own good.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-did-wi ... th-russia/
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 12:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Optics.

Its a bad look to file charges against your political opponent (even if they legitimately should be investigated).

And its much more useful to be able to call upon 'Crooked Hillary' whenever he wants to energize his supporters, and remind everyone how corrupt the Democratic Party leadership is. And to be fair, he did say as soon as he won the election that he wouldn't pursue charges against her as an olive branch across the aisle.

The 'lock her up' chants last night were targeted at Dianne Feinstein, not Hillary.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 1:05 pm

Abraham wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 12:54 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Optics.

Its a bad look to file charges against your political opponent (even if they legitimately should be investigated).

And its much more useful to be able to call upon 'Crooked Hillary' whenever he wants to energize his supporters, and remind everyone how corrupt the Democratic Party leadership is. And to be fair, he did say as soon as he won the election that he wouldn't pursue charges against her as an olive branch across the aisle.

The 'lock her up' chants last night were targeted at Dianne Feinstein, not Hillary.
Hillary- private servers; Benghazi, Bill Clinton's tarmac meeting with then attorney General Loretta Lynch etc etc

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 3:07 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:45 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Before this all blew up I was a Julian Assange fan but it now turns out that he may have Russian connections that extend to Trump and his election so it is a whole different scenario. Many of us may not like what America does but that does not make it ethical or positive to assist in demolishing their democratic process - to make it like Russia's and to install a Russian stooge into the WH. That Manning was naive and had a psychological condition and could be deserving of pardon by Obama but Assange is right on top of his game and may have been too smart for his own good.

Wow!!!

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 4:03 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
There was nothing substantial in the link at all to be honest. The irony of the US speaking about political interference:

* Chile 9/11
* Nicaragua (Contra)
* Iran- installing the Shah & getting rid of a democratically elected Mossadeq
* Cuba BOP 1962 or was it 1961? CIA forcing JFK into a corner..
* Iraq
*Libya
*Yemen

so many more...

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 4:13 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 4:03 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
There was nothing substantial in the link at all to be honest. The irony of the US speaking about political interference:

* Chile 9/11
* Nicaragua (Contra)
* Iraq
*Libya
*Yemen

so many more...
Into chorus, “we didn’t start the fire, it was always burning since the worlds been turning.....”

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:28 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

* Chile 9/11
* Nicaragua (Contra)
* Iraq
*Libya
*Yemen

so many more...
I just grabbed the first link almost. This one I think is much more definitive from the Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 09c1585dd5

Maybe you could add the Whitlam govt to that list due to the Pine Gap issue and the Non Aligned Movement.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:48 pm

On the Bill Maher show linked here shows that a Republican state of Wyoming only has 287,000 voters and California has about 2,000,000 - yet they both have 2 electoral college voters who elect the president. Now it is understandable why many Americans choose not to vote as it is a rigged system

https://www.archives.gov/federal-regist ... about.html

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:02 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:48 pm

On the Bill Maher show linked here shows that a Republican state of Wyoming only has 287,000 voters and California has about 2,000,000 - yet they both have 2 electoral college voters who elect the president. Now it is understandable why many Americans choose not to vote as it is a rigged system

You shouldn't lie or use false figures to unbalance you Looney left leanings.
How many Electoral College votes are in California?
Currently, there is a total of 538 electors, there being 435 representatives and 100 senators, plus the three electors allocated to Washington, D.C. The six states with the most electors are California (55), Texas (38), New York (29), Florida (29), Illinois (20), and Pennsylvania (20).

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 11:52 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:02 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:48 pm

You shouldn't lie or use false figures to unbalance you Looney left leanings.
How many Electoral College votes are in California?
Currently, there is a total of 538 electors, there being 435 representatives and 100 senators, plus the three electors allocated to Washington, D.C. The six states with the most electors are California (55), Texas (38), New York (29), Florida (29), Illinois (20), and Pennsylvania (20).

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:
I assume that he meant the imbalanced Senator numbers, which is two per state, regardless of population and that each one gets two electoral college votes. It's effects naturally vary around the nation due to population and demographics, but overall it is certainly slanted towards the smaller rural Republican states. For example, a rural Senator can carry up to around seventy times more say and their respective states total of college votes four times or so the weight per capita than a vote from California.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 8:51 am

Abraham wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Optics.

It’s a bit ironic that he would lead any kind of chant like that against anybody so soon after defending Kavanaugh for weeks pushing the term innocent till proven guilty. Only when it suits him. And I’m not even touching on the fact that a US President is calling to have a political opponent locked up without due process.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 11:51 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 8:51 am
Abraham wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Optics.

It’s a bit ironic that he would lead any kind of chant like that against anybody so soon after defending Kavanaugh for weeks pushing the term innocent till proven guilty. Only when it suits him. And I’m not even touching on the fact that a US President is calling to have a political opponent locked up without due process.
1. So, you're not keen on anyone being innocent until proven guilty?

2 President Trump has never ever said that.

Ford's testimony was a she said he said at best. Every witness she said was there stated that they didn't know what she was talking about. So, no evidence. But let's ruin his life anyway.

Dangerous ground my friend. Ridiculous really.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 1:50 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:28 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

* Chile 9/11
* Nicaragua (Contra)
* Iraq
*Libya
*Yemen

so many more...
I just grabbed the first link almost. This one I think is much more definitive from the Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 09c1585dd5

Maybe you could add the Whitlam govt to that list due to the Pine Gap issue and the Non Aligned Movement.
Careful what search engine you use too Byron. There's been a lot of conjecture about SEO being politically skewed with the various search engines. Search something on Naver or Yandex and then search something on Google and see what results you get.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 2:04 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 11:51 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 8:51 am
Abraham wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Optics.

1. So, you're not keen on anyone being innocent until proven guilty?

2 President Trump has never ever said that.

Ford's testimony was a she said he said at best. Every witness she said was there stated that they didn't know what she was talking about. So, no evidence. But let's ruin his life anyway.

Dangerous ground my friend. Ridiculous really.
Never said I wasn’t “keen” on innocent till proven guilty. I just don’t believe in rules for one and rules for another. When Kavenaugh or Roy Moore are the subject, he perceives them as the victim. When it’s Bill Clinton, he brings the accusers to a debate to use as political props.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 3:53 pm

It is almost with every case of sexual abuse there are no witnesses or if by-standers are drunk it is almost the same effect. Due to the fact that Ford had complained in years earlier and due to her standing in the community I doubt that she would be lying. I hope I am not inadvertently putting down people of less standing. But Brett's demeanour showed his unsuitability for the court or any court.

For Cultured Bogan's delight I have been up against corrupt judges and they behaved better that Kav.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:45 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 3:53 pm
It is almost with every case of sexual abuse there are no witnesses or if by-standers are drunk it is almost the same effect. Due to the fact that Ford had complained in years earlier and due to her standing in the community I doubt that she would be lying. I hope I am not inadvertently putting down people of less standing. But Brett's demeanour showed his unsuitability for the court or any court.

For Cultured Bogan's delight I have been up against corrupt judges and they behaved better that Kav.
If I had been accused, without any proof whatsoever, of being a gang rapist, I would have re-acted exactly the same.

The dopey dems have pretty much ensured the reps keep both houses and the potus at the next election.

Well done.