Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

General Social Discussion
Abraham

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Post by Abraham » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 8:58 am

For the sake of the USA i hope the democrats get absolutely annihilated in the mid-terms.

It may force them to wake up and step back from the edge of total insanity, where they have moved so far to the left that Bernie Sanders looks like a moderating force these days.

No country can successfully prosper under far-left rule, and the Dems need to move back to the Centre-Left position, which has been left vacant for some time.

They didn't learn after Hillary's embarrassing loss, or after the loss of 1,000 seats under Obama, so let's see how long it takes for the penny to finally drop.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:01 pm

Abraham wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 8:58 am
For the sake of the USA i hope the democrats get absolutely annihilated in the mid-terms.

It may force them to wake up and step back from the edge of total insanity, where they have moved so far to the left that Bernie Sanders looks like a moderating force these days.

No country can successfully prosper under far-left rule, and the Dems need to move back to the Centre-Left position, which has been left vacant for some time.

They didn't learn after Hillary's embarrassing loss, or after the loss of 1,000 seats under Obama, so let's see how long it takes for the penny to finally drop.
:righton:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:10 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:45 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 3:53 pm
It is almost with every case of sexual abuse there are no witnesses or if by-standers are drunk it is almost the same effect. Due to the fact that Ford had complained in years earlier and due to her standing in the community I doubt that she would be lying. I hope I am not inadvertently putting down people of less standing. But Brett's demeanour showed his unsuitability for the court or any court.

For Cultured Bogan's delight I have been up against corrupt judges and they behaved better that Kav.
If I had been accused, without any proof whatsoever, of being a gang rapist, I would have re-acted exactly the same.

The dopey dems have pretty much ensured the reps keep both houses and the potus at the next election.

Well done.
Dems will take the House Col at the very least.

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 3:05 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:10 pm
I'm not saying this guy has a crystal ball, but Larry Schweikart is one of the few people who correctly predicted the outcome of the 2016 election.

Here is a series of tweets he issued yesterday about the mid-terms. Specifies exactly where the data comes from and what it points to in terms of electoral outcomes . If he is even close to being correct with his preliminary numbers, the mid-terms will be a repeat of the 2016 results:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1052 ... 95488.html

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 4:37 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:10 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:45 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 3:53 pm
It is almost with every case of sexual abuse there are no witnesses or if by-standers are drunk it is almost the same effect. Due to the fact that Ford had complained in years earlier and due to her standing in the community I doubt that she would be lying. I hope I am not inadvertently putting down people of less standing. But Brett's demeanour showed his unsuitability for the court or any court.

For Cultured Bogan's delight I have been up against corrupt judges and they behaved better that Kav.
If I had been accused, without any proof whatsoever, of being a gang rapist, I would have re-acted exactly the same.

The dopey dems have pretty much ensured the reps keep both houses and the potus at the next election.

Well done.
I'm not so sure.

The way the democrats are behaving, I wouldn't be surprised if the republicans get a bigger majority.

We will see.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 6:00 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:01 pm
Abraham wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 8:58 am

:righton:
Left, right, far left, far right - what a bunch of manufactured hoo-ha! None of them have any idea about anything....there is only one Kingdom.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 8:08 pm

Just under a 26% swing against the coalition government. Scomo and his merry men and token women have just had a taste of reality

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 2:20 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 8:08 pm
Just under a 26% swing against the coalition government. Scomo and his merry men and token women have just had a taste of reality
According to Sco Mo only 900 votes the difference now and a lot of postals to count

Usually you would find many of the postals in a seat like that go to the Coalition ..... might be a lot closer than initial reports

Phelps going off half cocked perhaps ;)

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 2:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 2:20 pm
jadtiger wrote:
According to Sco Mo only 900 votes the difference now and a lot of postals to count

Usually you would find many of the postals in a seat like that go to the Coalition ..... might be a lot closer than initial reports

I am not sure where you are getting those figures from happy but all the media sources including fox/sky have declared it for Phelps with an unprecedented swing against any sitting government in this country.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 3:11 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 2:52 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 2:20 pm
jadtiger wrote:

I am not sure where you are getting those figures from happy but all the media sources including fox/sky have declared it for Phelps with an unprecedented swing against any sitting government in this country.
The figures come from Sco Mo

Unsure if true or not , he'd be an idiot if he doesn't concede if their goose is cooked

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 3:12 pm

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 4:22 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 3:12 pm
Here is the article Jad

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia ... cid=ASUDHP
Thanks Happy, irrespective of the final result it is a massive kick to the rear end of the government.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 4:30 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 4:22 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 3:12 pm
Here is the article Jad

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia ... cid=ASUDHP
Thanks Happy, irrespective of the final result it is a massive kick to the rear end of the government.
Totally agree , losing a seat you have held since Federation is a massive issue :o

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 5:25 pm

If Phelps loses it's her own fault for preferencing the Libs. Her own preferences were never going to be a factor but she may have angered enough ALP and Green voters to sink her. I still think she wins though.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 7:58 pm

Huge vote against plenty of things. Conservative's ideals and stranglehold on the party wielding an imbalanced amount of power and removal of Turnbull, climate change, and archaic detention policies at the forefront.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 8:17 pm

I also note the huge turnout in London over Brexit, with about one percent of the nation's population attending. As more and more people over there realise just what their initial apathy or lack of information allowed for a reasoned decision, I see a second vote as the only viable decision and a decent majority needed to sort it out for good.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 9:12 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 8:17 pm
I also note the huge turnout in London over Brexit, with about one percent of the nation's population attending. As more and more people over there realise just what their initial apathy or lack of information allowed for a reasoned decision, I see a second vote as the only viable decision and a decent majority needed to sort it out for good.
I'm not sure if I heard this correctly last night on BBC radio but thought they said 100 000 showed up to protest ??

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 9:39 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 9:12 pm
formerguest wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 8:17 pm
I'm not sure if I heard this correctly last night on BBC radio but thought they said 100 000 showed up to protest ??
600k was the figure that I saw and picture seemed to reasonably back that up.