Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

General Social Discussion
happy tiger

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Post by happy tiger » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 12:27 am

Munk wrote:
Tue 16 Jan, 2018 7:01 pm
Ive never seen someone so shamelessly name drop as much as you do Happy Tiger.
Any chance any of your stories are true? You remind me of that fellow from Byron Bay.
Earle "Ernie" Williams his name was Munk

Was my Math teacher in 1983/84 , played against them in 1963/64 in Ipswich

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page ... sID=159256

The bloke in the above picture was Ernie

Only reason I brought it up to TigerDon was he was very interested in cricket during the Ashes series

Didn't mean to upset you diddums , I'll run everything by you in the future to see if it meets your strict guidelines OK

Keeping it all politics Munk do I ever tell you that I used to date Mayor Of Ipswich niece Paul Pisasale and her best friend at school was actually our current Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk , we actually double dated once and saw Out of Africa at the cinemas

Oh and my current Mrs is the Uncle of a former mayor of Gladstone and her Brother in Law is a former councillor of Gladstone Council and his Dad was Mayor for many years of Calliope Shire Council

Oops more name dropping , yep your right I do drop names quite a lot , I do sincerely apologize for being so far up myself , surprised I haven't turned myself inside out yet

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 6:04 am

Munk wrote:
Any chance any of your stories are true? You remind me of that fellow from Byron Bay.
If you are ever down Gladstone way make sure you visit the No. 1 thing to do there..The happy tiger Hall of Fame...there you will find such sporting history like the Iron Wicket Keeping Gloves and bat that scored Century after Century...the Boxing Gloves that took him to Golden Glove Champion..the 7 Iron and putter that won multiple Gladstone Masters as well as his leather balls he use to torp 60 on the fly before there was even such a thing called 40/20s...just to name a few...

There is also an Honour Board there of all the sporting / political / entertainment luminaries happy has bettered along the way...i wont even mention who he use to bully at school in his homeroom..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 8:33 am

Munk wrote:
Tue 16 Jan, 2018 9:49 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:31 pm
Munk wrote:
Something we share in common Happy. I’m a massive name dropper as well. Particularly amongst my work mates at Friday lunch . I can’t help it. It just comes out. Australian TV Royalty / one of our best international Wallabies and an very good Aussie Rock Band. ... to name a few . It’s also shameful the way I crap on about my offspring. Any achievement I’ll drop it. (The youngest is going to the Jnr Pan PAC’s.) there I go again
I even name drop the WTF more than I probably should. Still I’m proud of those around me and can’t help expressing it.
Congratulations?
Thanks Munky!

Everyone had seemingly forgotten that Happy is credited by Nathan Lyon for transforming him from a pin head curator's apprentice into the Goat. employed as a greenskeeper in Gladstone in 2010. A young Nathan had chance meeting with the Gladstone GOAT (Happy). Stories about Hap’s right foot step ruining the careers of countless Qld footballers inspired Nathan to go on and do something with his life.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 8:36 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 17 Jan, 2018 6:04 am
Munk wrote:
If you are ever down Gladstone way make sure you visit the No. 1 thing to do there..The happy tiger Hall of Fame...there you will find such sporting history like the Iron Wicket Keeping Gloves and bat that scored Century after Century...the Boxing Gloves that took him to Golden Glove Champion..the 7 Iron and putter that won multiple Gladstone Masters as well as his leather balls he use to torp 60 on the fly before there was even such a thing called 40/20s...just to name a few...

There is also an Honour Board there of all the sporting / political / entertainment luminaries happy has bettered along the way...i wont even mention who he use to bully at school in his homeroom..
You forgot to mention the stuffed fish on the walls

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 11:03 am

Geo. wrote:
Munk wrote:

no one stops at Gladstone... I think they still have the old Co-Op for a local shopping centre. 14 pubs, a 70's strip club, but nothing else.

It all stems from the locals voting in some independant years ago. They failed to realise it only results in the state & federal government spending elsewhere
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 11:24 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 17 Jan, 2018 11:03 am
no one stops at Gladstone... I think they still have the old Co-Op for a local shopping centre. 14 pubs, a 70's strip club, but nothing else.

It all stems from the locals voting in some independant years ago. They failed to realise it only results in the state & federal government spending elsewhere
I had to read that sentence 3 times before I got "a 70's strip club" and not "70 strip clubs".... :o

as for Voting Independants... Well YMMV (your mileage may vary).
If the Independant holds the Balance of power. Your seat is like a blank cheque. See Tony Windsor/Barnaby Joyce in Armidale. Because Tony Negotiated for Armidale and basically controlled who had government, he got what he wanted.
The result is all of Armidale had FTTP rolled out before anyone else in Australia. (among other things). Barnaby to keep the seat has done crazy things like move research centers to this regional area.

If your independant does not decide government and the government has a large majority. Well then yes, they will be ignored. Also if they are extreme right/left.

Marginal seats get way more attention then safe seats. It's the difference between a Halfback and a Bench Prop.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 11:48 am

colmcd wrote:
Wed 17 Jan, 2018 11:24 am
Tiger Watto wrote:

I had to read that sentence 3 times before I got "a 70's strip club" and not "70 strip clubs".... :o

If the Independant holds the Balance of power. Your seat is like a blank cheque. See Tony Windsor/Barnaby Joyce in Armidale. Because Tony Negotiated for Armidale and basically controlled who had government, he got what he wanted.
The result is all of Armidale had FTTP rolled out before anyone else in Australia. (among other things). Barnaby to keep the seat has done crazy things like move research centers to this regional area.

If your independant does not decide government and the government has a large majority. Well then yes, they will be ignored. Also if they are extreme right/left.

Marginal seats get way more attention then safe seats. It's the difference between a Halfback and a Bench Prop.
Its more of a gee-up. Happy is the President of the Dizzie Lizzie Foundation.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 12:59 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Munk wrote:

Co op ....... We are real men up here , hunters and gatherers

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 2:26 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 17 Jan, 2018 11:48 am
colmcd wrote:
Wed 17 Jan, 2018 11:24 am
Tiger Watto wrote:

Its more of a gee-up. Happy is the President of the Dizzie Lizzie Foundation.BBB
Only voted for Liz once , and that was the election after she had the balance of power

Voted for Neil Bennett before

Munk

Post by Munk » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 10:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 17 Jan, 2018 12:27 am

Oh and my current Mrs is the Uncle of a former mayor of Gladstone and her Brother in Law is a former councillor of Gladstone Council and his Dad was Mayor for many years of Calliope Shire Council

Oops more name dropping , yep your right I do drop names quite a lot , I do sincerely apologize for being so far up myself , surprised I haven't turned myself inside out yet
Your current mrs is someone's uncle?
I dont think you are up yourself matey, those names you tend to drop are so dull Im positive a very low percentage are impressed with you claiming to have known them. I know a few drunks who like to tell stories like you do. I find them funny as well.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 10:01 am

Munk wrote:
Wed 17 Jan, 2018 10:52 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 17 Jan, 2018 12:27 am

Your current mrs is someone's uncle?
I dont think you are up yourself matey, those names you tend to drop are so dull Im positive a very low percentage are impressed with you claiming to have known them. I know a few drunks who like to tell stories like you do. I find them funny as well.
Anyway , to get all deep and meaningful , its been a bit weird meeting people before they were famous over the years

Some of them I'd never would imagine would succeed as sportsmen /women

But those who have , have all had the same traits , hard workers who never give up who ignore failure ...... the amount of absolute childhood superstars who never made it didn't have it ......never needed it and when they did just couldn't cope

Anyway back on topic , Federal election probably within 12-15 mths and yet again we will be voting for the best of the worst , hey ....

Munk

Post by Munk » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 12:57 pm

Yes its a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwhich. Same old same old.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 2:11 pm

Munk wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 12:57 pm
Yes its a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwhich. Same old same old.
Kind of like the choice over who to support in the squabbles going on in this thread...

pdenny77

Post by pdenny77 » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 2:48 pm

Nelson wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 2:11 pm
Munk wrote:
Kind of like the choice over who to support in the squabbles going on in this thread...
:lol: :lol: Close the thread now, there's no topping that.

Munk

Post by Munk » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 8:53 pm

Nelson wrote:
Munk wrote:
Why would you have to choose who to support in a discussion between anonymous posters on a forum? Are you that big of a loser that you would have to pick sides to try and fit in? :lol:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 19 Jan, 2018 1:05 pm

Munk wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 8:53 pm
Nelson wrote:
Munk wrote:
Why would you have to choose who to support in a discussion between anonymous posters on a forum? Are you that big of a loser that you would have to pick sides to try and fit in? :lol:
Your just upset he chose me :D

Wonder if both Turnbull and Shorten will make it as the current leaders of their parties or will they will executed by their own party's heavyweights ??

willow

Post by willow » Fri 19 Jan, 2018 4:06 pm

Alright, I've had just about enough of the meaningless dribble in this thread. As the title says, it's politics - Discuss politics and discuss it rationally (a hard concept for some on here) or this thread closes.

LCA

Post by LCA » Fri 19 Jan, 2018 6:51 pm

How can anyone discuss politics rationally anymore? Toned Abs showed you can win office by being negative and policy free....supported by mainsteam media, of course.

Where did that get us? Or him? OK, maybe a few private, intimate dinners at AJ's joint, but beyond that, bugger all.

Well...for him, and ultimately us, thankfully his lack of substance or vision or any semblance of leadership has him sitting on his backside on the backbench.

To be replaced by the man who promised so much (?)....but has sold his survival instincts to the highest bidder.

There is nothing rational about political party governance anymore.