Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 3:58 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Thu 17 Aug, 2017 3:39 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 17 Aug, 2017 3:05 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 17 Aug, 2017 2:31 pm
Really hard to believe that Pauline Hanson turned up to the senate today wearing a burqa.
Well it happened apparently. Poor dear obviously wasn't feeling relevant again.
Thought she had seen the light and converted... Maybe next time?!
Duel Citizenship 1st Step..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 4:44 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 17 Aug, 2017 3:58 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Thu 17 Aug, 2017 3:39 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 17 Aug, 2017 3:05 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 17 Aug, 2017 2:31 pm
Really hard to believe that Pauline Hanson turned up to the senate today wearing a burqa.
Well it happened apparently. Poor dear obviously wasn't feeling relevant again.
Thought she had seen the light and converted... Maybe next time?!
Duel Citizenship 1st Step..
Conservatives sticking together to divert attention from the mayhem in the House of Reps.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 5:21 pm

she is covering the wrong part - she should be taping up her stupid mouth
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

bathursttiger
Has liked: 370 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 5:32 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 17 Aug, 2017 5:21 pm
It's not very often that we agree, but she is an embarrassment to Australia.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 10:33 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 17 Aug, 2017 5:32 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
I don't agree with her politics but regardless she is so hopeless as an articulator and hasn't improved over the decades, same boat as Arthur (two wongs don't make a white) Calwell. Bob Kattar is a much better folk hero representative for the what-about-me-it-isn't fair sideshow.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 12:10 am

You dont agree with Pauline Byron?
I find that difficult to believe 😆

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 1:29 am

stryker wrote:
Fri 18 Aug, 2017 12:10 am
You dont agree with Pauline Byron?
I find that difficult to believe 😆
I had a friend quite older than myself, since deceased, and he was completely mad over her. Joined up, worked his butt off. Their mindset is 1950s and Blue Hills.

It is a shame that Sarah was moved from her portfolio - like Robbie being put into reserves ha ha.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 4:41 am

If we are going to waste money on a plebiscite on whether we can stop two people getting married ot not( not that it's anyone's business except the two people concerned) can we have one on the Burka as well, seeing as our opinion is now valuable to our jelly legged Pollies. (Including the ones who are there illegally elected).

Just a question on the burka . No one has ever given a reasonable reason that I can't go into a bank with a motor bike helmet covering my identity. But I can whack a Burka on and do what ever I like. Double standards ????

Question 2

One other question about the ever expanding numbers of sheepish Kiwis that have infiltrated our parliament over the years.

The current PM has said that dear old Barnaby can re nominate in any by election ( if the High court upholds the Constitution, and rules it's illegal to be in the parliament if he is a dual citizen.
If that is established, (that he's there illegally), wouldn't that mean that He, (and all the others in the same boat), would have been illegally elected at every election that they have contested, and would also have been receiving a bundle of taxpayers money illegally, over their total time in the parliament.including their ridiculously bloated Parliamentary Pension entitlements.
As the law stands now , they are illegally elected, and should have to pay back ALL money received illegally.

As far as I can see that's black and white ,
We're constantly told that ignorance of any law, is not a defence.
But it will be interesting to see how this mob slither out of this one
Actually they should all be sacked anyway, even if it is simply for being so dumb as to not know if they were citizens of another Country. Even those who are using the ever popular Shane Warne excuse " it was Mums fault"
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Fri 18 Aug, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 6:22 am

Am I the only one who sees no logic in complaining about the rights people have in Muslim counties (or lack thereof), places where you can get get stoned to death for simply being an atheist, and being thankful that we live in a free country. Yet we want to impose some of the things we complain about in other countries by telling people what they can and can't wear? Our country isn't so free if you can be arrested by your choice of clothing.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 7:02 am

Seen some of the things kids a wearing these days and the burqa is the least of our problems. Oops showing my age.

Silly thing for Pauline to do. As moronic as her efforts were I do understand the security risk aspect of her point. I was screaming at the TV for her to put it back on. Maybe that was why the burqa was introduced. Shallow I know but we are talking about Pauline.

Also understand that it's not a religious requirement to wear the burqa more a cultural one for certain Muslim nationalities.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 7:18 am

Sixty years ago I would have been in favour of a burqa ban. I was living in semi-rural where people still rode horses and horses would get frightened by such a figure and rear up upending the rider. I would expect that now-a-days little children not used to them could also get frightened by the black coloured ones.

It is all a sham. Saudi diplomats world wide are famous for visiting flesh spots but enforce draconian rules against women exposing at home.

As a rationalist I am in favour of anyone who desires wearing them so that they lose their religious significance and also provide anonymity for anyone who so desires. I could imagine them becoming an exotic item in the right atmosphere. I have never witnessed a burqaed person smoking so that is a big plus.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 7:40 am

My question remains. Why is there one law for one person and another law for others
One can remain unidentified , but the other can't.
All in the name of a fantasy figure in the sky.
or is it that there are votes in letting Muslims supposed customs over ride The rules that others have to abide by?

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 8:04 am

Presumably the cops can demand ID when necessary so I don't think the law is different is it??? If I was a crim on the run I would happily pose as a female burqa wearer to get around - though I would scare the horses, male pervers and any lesbian cops big time.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 8:08 am

This is all a distraction from the fact we have a Government in crisis with the Crocodile of Dunedin sitting in the lower house and three of his cohorts from the Dual Nationals in trouble in the Upper House. Where is the GG when you need him? :roll:

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 8:19 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 18 Aug, 2017 8:04 am
Presumably the cops can demand ID when necessary so I don't think the law is different is it??? If I was a crim on the run I would happily pose as a female burqa wearer to get around - though I would scare the horses, male pervers and any lesbian cops big time.
It is different in that I cannot go into a bank with a helmet on.
Someone who has a Burka on only has to identify herself/ himself If she is told to do so by police.
No Police around....no compulsion to identify herself /himself
Different rules for some don't apply to others.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 8:32 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 18 Aug, 2017 8:19 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 18 Aug, 2017 8:04 am
It is different in that I cannot go into a bank with a helmet on.
Someone who has a Burka on only has to identify herself/ himself If she is told to do so by police.
No Police around....no compulsion to identify herself /himself
Different rules for some don't apply to others.
Presumably the banks are being diplomatic as there have been no female bank robbers yet in Bonnie and Clyde style but there have been bikie bank robbers guaranteed. It may not be a government law about helmets and burqas in banks but a bank "law" - if religions can discriminate on religious grounds then why can't banks as well.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 9:07 am

Religious grounds is a cop out on any subject, and it's an easy one to do almost anything .
Even Muslims can't agree that the Burqa has any religious significence at all. It's mostly the over zealous that seem to get all funny about it.
I don't really mind what any religion does or says as long as they don't try and override laws and customs of the country that they move to, and be happy to live peacefully alongside those who disagree with them( which most of them do happily)
I couldn't care less if they sat on the fence and prayed to the moon, if that's what they want to do. As long as they didn't mind if I did a bit of Devil worshipping in my back yard in my spare time.
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Fri 18 Aug, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 18 Aug, 2017 10:06 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 17 Aug, 2017 5:32 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Agree she is an embarrassment, but she is entitled to have her say. People like this should never be prevented from speaking. The fact that the LNP, ALP and Greens all rallied against her shows what the majority think of her opinions.

There's a reason why One Nation only hold 3 seats in the Senate, they are a minority representing a minority opinion. The issue I have now is that the left seem to enjoy covering their ears and using "ist" terms to counter stances/arguments from the right rather than actually rationally discussing their stance. Let Pauline have her say, and then rationally debate her. Screeching racist/bigot/intolerant on repeat only makes it a buzzword counter argument of little substance which lends false credibility to her opinion.

I agree also with Paws that it's just diversionary tactics from the citizenship farce in the House of Reps.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Return to “General Discussion”