Yossarian wrote:
Mon 21 Aug, 2017 1:14 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 21 Aug, 2017 10:21 am
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 21 Aug, 2017 10:12 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 21 Aug, 2017 8:15 am

I know it has to go to referendum, simply stating that until it is changed the rules are black and white.

If you haven't done your due diligence and you get caught out that's your own fault.
It can be interpreted though and the HC has "weakened" the black and white text to allow dual citizens to be MPs if they've taken reasonable steps to divest themselves of it.

Xenophon and Canavon might have reasonable arguments but Barnaby is stuffed.
Having parents born in foreign nations, you'd think you'd have a look to see whether it's been conferred upon you.
NX seems to have considered whether he was Cypriot or Greek but not British. The question is whether being a British Overseas Citizen or whatever it is called is equivalent to being an actual citizen.
You'd think if he chased up Cyprus though they'd have directed him to the British. I suppose it's all heresay and he has to be taken at his word, of which a lot of people have a hard time doing with politicians.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 1:56 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 21 Aug, 2017 1:44 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 21 Aug, 2017 1:14 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 21 Aug, 2017 10:21 am
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 21 Aug, 2017 10:12 am

It can be interpreted though and the HC has "weakened" the black and white text to allow dual citizens to be MPs if they've taken reasonable steps to divest themselves of it.

Xenophon and Canavon might have reasonable arguments but Barnaby is stuffed.
Having parents born in foreign nations, you'd think you'd have a look to see whether it's been conferred upon you.
NX seems to have considered whether he was Cypriot or Greek but not British. The question is whether being a British Overseas Citizen or whatever it is called is equivalent to being an actual citizen.
You'd think if he chased up Cyprus though they'd have directed him to the British. I suppose it's all heresay and he has to be taken at his word, of which a lot of people have a hard time doing with politicians.
Being a lawyer, a former law lecturer at South Aust. U and failed Liberal Candidate in SA, you would think he would of known.

I did like his stunt at the British Pub in North Adelaide where he asked for a pint of warm English beer. He drank some and said words like "Oh that's awful". The beer was Guinness. Nick off Xenophony.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 2:11 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 18 Aug, 2017 7:40 am
My question remains. Why is there one law for one person and another law for others
One can remain unidentified , but the other can't.
All in the name of a fantasy figure in the sky.
or is it that there are votes in letting Muslims supposed customs over ride The rules that others have to abide by?
Is it actually 'illegal' to wear a motorcycle helmet in banks?

Or is it simply a term of entry the banks use where they will refuse service?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 155 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 2:47 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 21 Aug, 2017 2:11 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
My question remains. Why is there one law for one person and another law for others
or is it that there are votes in letting Muslims supposed customs over ride The rules that others have to abide by?

Pretty sure it's the second one, the same applies for servos IIRC.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 4:01 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

I'm not sure which it is, but it doesn't matter which, the same rules/ law should exist,for all.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 389 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 5:29 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

The second one...but Bucket Hats are OK..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 5:43 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 21 Aug, 2017 5:29 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

The second one...but Bucket Hats are OK..
Bucket Hats Rule!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 155 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 6:47 pm

Yeah righto Gilligan...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 8:39 am

Amazingly the Victorian government has passed legislation permitting euthanasia or assisted dying. They went at it for about 26 hours overnight. Good on them. Extremely sick were having terrible deaths stretched out over years - we would kill a horse for a lot less. I feel better already.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:12 am

Good. . . . A bit of dignity

Can't see too many opposing this

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:57 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:12 am

Many legislators did oppose but was eventually passed 47-37 but still has to pass the upper chamber yet. It was a big hypocrisy the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) opposing euthanasia legislation but effectively practising it in their palliative care hospitals and charging a fortune for it as well. Now the RCC will be cut off at the Khyber Pass and will make a lot less money out of people dying and squeezing every drop out of breath and buck out of them and the health care system.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 138 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:05 am

innsaneink wrote:

Unfortunately some will(Abbott is a certainty).

Chicken Faced Killa
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:22 am

This can only be a good thing. It’s horrible hearing someone say they are ready to die for years because of the lack of quality of life and there being nothing you can do for them

Yossarian
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:39 am

As BFF said it still has to pass the upper house. No idea what the numbers are like there.

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:04 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:57 am
innsaneink wrote:

Many legislators did oppose but was eventually passed 47-37 but still has to pass the upper chamber yet. It was a big hypocrisy the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) opposing euthanasia legislation but effectively practising it in their palliative care hospitals and charging a fortune for it as well. Now the RCC will be cut off at the Khyber Pass and will make a lot less money out of people dying and squeezing every drop out of breath and buck out of them and the health care system.
I thought long and hard as to how to reply to your disgraceful and bigoted posting. I am still at a loss.

I only hope that one day you never have to go to one of the wonderful palliative care hospitals. But if you do, you and yours will have a very different view to what you spewed out above.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:05 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:04 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

I thought long and hard as to how to reply to your disgraceful and bigoted posting. I am still at a loss.

I only hope that one day you never have to go to one of the wonderful palliative care hospitals. But if you do, you and yours will have a very different view to what you spewed out above.

The irony.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:30 am

magpiecol wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

I took my mother out of one in Sydney only after one night - she requested me to. They only wanted to drug her into unconsciousness as well as not providing decent nursing service. Those drugs did the same as delayed euthanasia only not by name and only after they made a fortune out of it. She kept consciousness and cracked fúnnies until a few days before her death - that is what family is for.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 1:17 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Won't need to go into to palliative care in Victoria if the upper house pass the bill.

Return to “General Discussion”