Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

General Social Discussion
formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3316
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Post by formerguest » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 11:30 pm

Good to see some substance to go with the emojis in the posts from Col of late, so the advent of Trump has had one positive.

Even if most of them are lacking content and accuracy, at least he is putting the effort in.


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36792
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 12:28 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 3:12 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 1:15 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 1:02 am
Haha checkmate...except you failed to mention unemployment, stock market, manufacturing or high court appointments.
Stock market could only rise really , it was low for a long time , tax cuts will do that short term as it will also help manufacturing

I suppose when you are trying to pick wars with every country known to Man , you'll need to up the armed forces , thus the increase in employment and again you drop taxes unemployment will drop of course

Any politician can make the easy decisions to get short term gain

But tell me what happens when the recession that will come in the next 2-3 years will do , especially when you have a trillion dollar deficit , interest rates at basically zero ,etc

Of any country in the world , the USA will struggle the most to ride out a recession without major setbacks , it has taken them years to battle back to a position from the last recession



And for High Court appointments , well that's smart politics isn't it :roll:

Seeing at some stage I imagine he might face the High Court , best thing to have people you created for the positions deciding on your fate :lol:

Trump just needs to get the Munkey of his back I guess , then again he is probably too busy organizing the state funeral for the KKK leader who just past away
"Stock Market can only rise". Funny it only rose after Trump was elected and Obama left.

"picking a war with every country known to man". Please name these countries.

So, who says that there will be a recession in 2 to 3 years? Is it the same people that said this would happen immediately after Mr. Trump was elected?

You really do not know anything about the High Court do you.

I don't know what "getting the Munkey of his back means" Do you?

Funny you should mention the KKK. I wonder which party started this Klan? The Democrates of course.

:brick:
Hey Col you great galoot , have a look who I quoted , Munk ........

Quick climb back under that rock you just climbed out from under

The point about the High Court is it means little in the grand scheme of things as far as a man's presidency is rated , might mean lots to you , but many couldn't a rats to be honest

We will see about the recession , if I was a betting man I'd take a world wide recession within 3 years

Yes and Donald's not racist , he just hates everyone bar himself and his ego

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25433
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 5:09 am

Cmon ppl play nice



Some very apt lyrics here
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2794
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:46 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 12:28 am
magpiecol wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 3:12 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 1:15 am
Munk wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 1:02 am
Haha checkmate...except you failed to mention unemployment, stock market, manufacturing or high court appointments.
Stock market could only rise really , it was low for a long time , tax cuts will do that short term as it will also help manufacturing

I suppose when you are trying to pick wars with every country known to Man , you'll need to up the armed forces , thus the increase in employment and again you drop taxes unemployment will drop of course

Any politician can make the easy decisions to get short term gain

But tell me what happens when the recession that will come in the next 2-3 years will do , especially when you have a trillion dollar deficit , interest rates at basically zero ,etc

Of any country in the world , the USA will struggle the most to ride out a recession without major setbacks , it has taken them years to battle back to a position from the last recession



And for High Court appointments , well that's smart politics isn't it :roll:

Seeing at some stage I imagine he might face the High Court , best thing to have people you created for the positions deciding on your fate :lol:

Trump just needs to get the Munkey of his back I guess , then again he is probably too busy organizing the state funeral for the KKK leader who just past away
"Stock Market can only rise". Funny it only rose after Trump was elected and Obama left.

"picking a war with every country known to man". Please name these countries.

So, who says that there will be a recession in 2 to 3 years? Is it the same people that said this would happen immediately after Mr. Trump was elected?

You really do not know anything about the High Court do you.

I don't know what "getting the Munkey of his back means" Do you?

Funny you should mention the KKK. I wonder which party started this Klan? The Democrates of course.

:brick:
Hey Col you great galoot , have a look who I quoted , Munk ........

Quick climb back under that rock you just climbed out from under

The point about the High Court is it means little in the grand scheme of things as far as a man's presidency is rated , might mean lots to you , but many couldn't a rats to be honest

We will see about the recession , if I was a betting man I'd take a world wide recession within 3 years

Yes and Donald's not racist , he just hates everyone bar himself and his ego
Happy, why is it that you are never happy? And name calling? Really.

Trump is a racist? How so?

He has reduced black and hispanic unemployment to the best ever! Under Obama, it was the WORST ever. So, who might be the racist in that scenario?

No treatment for TDS except exploding heads. Fun to watch.

:roll

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Abraham » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 12:03 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 8:04 pm
Abraham wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 4:30 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 2:34 pm
Thanks for being so judgemental and self righteous, but you have no idea about me at all.
The irony just gave you third degree burns.

2 minutes ago you accused me of being a misogynist without any evidence of sexism and without knowing me at all.

Being judgemental and self righteous looks to be your exclusive domain. Spud.
Actually no.... I didn't accuse you of being anything at all. I merely made an observation, from the rather derogatory way you speak about them in your posts, that you 'seem' to have a problem with women in leadership. You've drawn your own conclusion that you're a misogynist :lol:
Is this is your excuse? That it was an observation and not an accusation?

That's weak ... even for a self-reightous left wing snowflake.


formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3316
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:21 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:46 am
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 12:28 am
magpiecol wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 3:12 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 1:15 am


Stock market could only rise really , it was low for a long time , tax cuts will do that short term as it will also help manufacturing

I suppose when you are trying to pick wars with every country known to Man , you'll need to up the armed forces , thus the increase in employment and again you drop taxes unemployment will drop of course

Any politician can make the easy decisions to get short term gain

But tell me what happens when the recession that will come in the next 2-3 years will do , especially when you have a trillion dollar deficit , interest rates at basically zero ,etc

Of any country in the world , the USA will struggle the most to ride out a recession without major setbacks , it has taken them years to battle back to a position from the last recession



And for High Court appointments , well that's smart politics isn't it :roll:

Seeing at some stage I imagine he might face the High Court , best thing to have people you created for the positions deciding on your fate :lol:

Trump just needs to get the Munkey of his back I guess , then again he is probably too busy organizing the state funeral for the KKK leader who just past away
"Stock Market can only rise". Funny it only rose after Trump was elected and Obama left.

"picking a war with every country known to man". Please name these countries.

So, who says that there will be a recession in 2 to 3 years? Is it the same people that said this would happen immediately after Mr. Trump was elected?

You really do not know anything about the High Court do you.

I don't know what "getting the Munkey of his back means" Do you?

Funny you should mention the KKK. I wonder which party started this Klan? The Democrates of course.

:brick:
Hey Col you great galoot , have a look who I quoted , Munk ........

Quick climb back under that rock you just climbed out from under

The point about the High Court is it means little in the grand scheme of things as far as a man's presidency is rated , might mean lots to you , but many couldn't a rats to be honest

We will see about the recession , if I was a betting man I'd take a world wide recession within 3 years

Yes and Donald's not racist , he just hates everyone bar himself and his ego
Happy, why is it that you are never happy? And name calling? Really.

Trump is a racist? How so?

He has reduced black and hispanic unemployment to the best ever! Under Obama, it was the WORST ever. So, who might be the racist in that scenario?

No treatment for TDS except exploding heads. Fun to watch.

:roll
What is TDS Col?

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25433
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:23 pm

Some people must want this thread to close..

Discuss politics sure but time to refrain from the personal name calling...thank you...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2754
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 5:17 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:46 am
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 12:28 am
magpiecol wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 3:12 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 1:15 am


Stock market could only rise really , it was low for a long time , tax cuts will do that short term as it will also help manufacturing

I suppose when you are trying to pick wars with every country known to Man , you'll need to up the armed forces , thus the increase in employment and again you drop taxes unemployment will drop of course

Any politician can make the easy decisions to get short term gain

But tell me what happens when the recession that will come in the next 2-3 years will do , especially when you have a trillion dollar deficit , interest rates at basically zero ,etc

Of any country in the world , the USA will struggle the most to ride out a recession without major setbacks , it has taken them years to battle back to a position from the last recession



And for High Court appointments , well that's smart politics isn't it :roll:

Seeing at some stage I imagine he might face the High Court , best thing to have people you created for the positions deciding on your fate :lol:

Trump just needs to get the Munkey of his back I guess , then again he is probably too busy organizing the state funeral for the KKK leader who just past away
"Stock Market can only rise". Funny it only rose after Trump was elected and Obama left.

"picking a war with every country known to man". Please name these countries.

So, who says that there will be a recession in 2 to 3 years? Is it the same people that said this would happen immediately after Mr. Trump was elected?

You really do not know anything about the High Court do you.

I don't know what "getting the Munkey of his back means" Do you?

Funny you should mention the KKK. I wonder which party started this Klan? The Democrates of course.

:brick:
Hey Col you great galoot , have a look who I quoted , Munk ........

Quick climb back under that rock you just climbed out from under

The point about the High Court is it means little in the grand scheme of things as far as a man's presidency is rated , might mean lots to you , but many couldn't a rats to be honest

We will see about the recession , if I was a betting man I'd take a world wide recession within 3 years

Yes and Donald's not racist , he just hates everyone bar himself and his ego
Happy, why is it that you are never happy? And name calling? Really.

Trump is a racist? How so?

He has reduced black and hispanic unemployment to the best ever! Under Obama, it was the WORST ever. So, who might be the racist in that scenario?

No treatment for TDS except exploding heads. Fun to watch.

:roll
Statistics are interesting. You can reduce the unemployment rate for certain community sectors through either finding them jobs, deporting them or making them so scared to be registered that they move underground. Same with unemployment rates can increase through an influx of new members of a community or a loss of jobs.
Historically in Australia, when unemployment is high, the numbers looking for jobs falls because people give up, which produces a better figure.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19350
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 6:52 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:46 am
Trump is a racist? How so?
How long have you got?

He once shared an image that suggested the majority of killings of whites are committed by blacks

Any time a Muslim is accused of terrorism, he can't condemn it fast enough. Whenever a white does the same, silence.

Re-tweeting misleading anti-Muslim propaganda videos

Believes all migrants from Nigeria have AIDS

Recent comments on Haiti

Claimed Muslims were celebrating in New Jersey as the twin towers collapsed

Still accusing the Central Park 5 of crimes 25 years later that they were cleared of

Claiming the former POTUS was born in Africa, and demanding a copy of his birth certificate. In a spot of irony, still refuses to release his Tax returns. Just one of his many contradictions, but that's another story.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2794
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:24 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 6:52 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:46 am
Trump is a racist? How so?
How long have you got?

He once shared an image that suggested the majority of killings of whites are committed by blacks

Any time a Muslim is accused of terrorism, he can't condemn it fast enough. Whenever a white does the same, silence.

Re-tweeting misleading anti-Muslim propaganda videos

Believes all migrants from Nigeria have AIDS

Recent comments on Haiti

Claimed Muslims were celebrating in New Jersey as the twin towers collapsed

Still accusing the Central Park 5 of crimes 25 years later that they were cleared of

Claiming the former POTUS was born in Africa, and demanding a copy of his birth certificate. In a spot of irony, still refuses to release his Tax returns. Just one of his many contradictions, but that's another story.
Booooom!!!!

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36792
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:37 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:23 pm
Some people must want this thread to close..

Discuss politics sure but time to refrain from the personal name calling...thank you...
Oh Cmon Geo I called him a galoot , galoots are now in an uproar :D

Sorry Col , nothing meant by it

No worse than any of Geo Math teachers used to call him :D

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25433
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 5:31 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:37 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:23 pm
Some people must want this thread to close..

Discuss politics sure but time to refrain from the personal name calling...thank you...
Oh Cmon Geo I called him a galoot , galoots are now in an uproar :D

Sorry Col , nothing meant by it

No worse than any of Geo Math teachers used to call him :D
Not everything is about you.... :roll:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3135
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 7:55 am

I rarely have a look in this thread. So I’ve missed 95% of it. I’ve Just read the last two pages. Happy , your comments are gold.
The word galoot is rarely used completely seriously. Instead, it is usually used as playful exaggeration or in self-deprecation. On those rare occasions when it is more directly applied (to others) its light nature gives it the form of mild reproach.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36792
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 10:50 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 16 Jan, 2018 7:55 am
I rarely have a look in this thread. So I’ve missed 95% of it. I’ve Just read the last two pages. Happy , your comments are gold.
The word galoot is rarely used completely seriously. Instead, it is usually used as playful exaggeration or in self-deprecation. On those rare occasions when it is more directly applied (to others) its light nature gives it the form of mild reproach.
Don't worry , it was my Math teacher who called me a Galoot :lol:

He has a cricket link though , he managed to score a 100 representing Qld Country against Peter Pollock

Politics and religion hey , they never fail to draw a crowd or start an argument of Biblical proportions (if you believe in the Bible ;) )

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 7:01 pm

Ive never seen someone so shamelessly name drop as much as you do Happy Tiger.
Any chance any of your stories are true? You remind me of that fellow from Byron Bay.

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 7:03 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 6:52 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:46 am
Trump is a racist? How so?
How long have you got?

He once shared an image that suggested the majority of killings of whites are committed by blacks

Any time a Muslim is accused of terrorism, he can't condemn it fast enough. Whenever a white does the same, silence.

Re-tweeting misleading anti-Muslim propaganda videos

Believes all migrants from Nigeria have AIDS

Recent comments on Haiti

Claimed Muslims were celebrating in New Jersey as the twin towers collapsed

Still accusing the Central Park 5 of crimes 25 years later that they were cleared of

Claiming the former POTUS was born in Africa, and demanding a copy of his birth certificate. In a spot of irony, still refuses to release his Tax returns. Just one of his many contradictions, but that's another story.
Booooom!!!!
Racists are bad m'kaaayyyy.

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3135
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:31 pm

Munk wrote:
Tue 16 Jan, 2018 7:01 pm
Ive never seen someone so shamelessly name drop as much as you do Happy Tiger.
Any chance any of your stories are true? You remind me of that fellow from Byron Bay.
Something we share in common Happy. I’m a massive name dropper as well. Particularly amongst my work mates at Friday lunch . I can’t help it. It just comes out. Australian TV Royalty / one of our best international Wallabies and an very good Aussie Rock Band. ... to name a few . It’s also shameful the way I crap on about my offspring. Any achievement I’ll drop it. (The youngest is going to the Jnr Pan PAC’s.) there I go again
I even name drop the WTF more than I probably should. Still I’m proud of those around me and can’t help expressing it.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 9:49 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:31 pm
Munk wrote:
Tue 16 Jan, 2018 7:01 pm
Ive never seen someone so shamelessly name drop as much as you do Happy Tiger.
Any chance any of your stories are true? You remind me of that fellow from Byron Bay.
Something we share in common Happy. I’m a massive name dropper as well. Particularly amongst my work mates at Friday lunch . I can’t help it. It just comes out. Australian TV Royalty / one of our best international Wallabies and an very good Aussie Rock Band. ... to name a few . It’s also shameful the way I crap on about my offspring. Any achievement I’ll drop it. (The youngest is going to the Jnr Pan PAC’s.) there I go again
I even name drop the WTF more than I probably should. Still I’m proud of those around me and can’t help expressing it.
Congratulations?

Post Reply
cron