Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

General Social Discussion
Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4185
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 3:42 pm

kevinmcguiness wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 9:34 am
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 26 Oct, 2017 5:43 pm
kevinmcguiness wrote:
Thu 26 Oct, 2017 3:27 pm
i know this is a little off topic but who is also following the jfk files being released today?
Not me. Nothing new.
if anyone else is interested there will be over 2000 files released today, although heavily redacted in my opinon. I think it is huge news. Although he slept around i'm a big fan of Jack. Most online organisations are doing live updates
I think before taking the presidency he had take an oath or something of loyalty to America and not to the Vatican - they did not trust the Irish Catholics for some reason. There is a chance the USA got involved in Vietnam to save the corrupt Catholic president - bad stuff if it is true. On his assassination day it was a declared a holiday at the Sacred Heart Convent School and we were sent home about midday. Bring it on Harvey.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


kevinmcguiness
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon 16 Oct, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by kevinmcguiness » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 4:33 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 3:42 pm
kevinmcguiness wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 9:34 am
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 26 Oct, 2017 5:43 pm
kevinmcguiness wrote:
Thu 26 Oct, 2017 3:27 pm
i know this is a little off topic but who is also following the jfk files being released today?
Not me. Nothing new.
if anyone else is interested there will be over 2000 files released today, although heavily redacted in my opinon. I think it is huge news. Although he slept around i'm a big fan of Jack. Most online organisations are doing live updates
I think before taking the presidency he had take an oath or something of loyalty to America and not to the Vatican - they did not trust the Irish Catholics for some reason. There is a chance the USA got involved in Vietnam to save the corrupt Catholic president - bad stuff if it is true. On his assassination day it was a declared a holiday at the Sacred Heart Convent School and we were sent home about midday. Bring it on Harvey.
what was it like that day at school? I've asked almost all my family who were alive at the time.

I read most people in the US don't believe LHO did it and majority believe it was a group of people.

I've read countless books about the issue and i firmly believe he was the last great US president. He and his brother bobby really wanted to move away from organised crime like what Joe Kennedy did and wanted to break the CIA into a million pieces whilst ending the war in Vietnam. I guess that never happened.

kevinmcguiness
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon 16 Oct, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by kevinmcguiness » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 4:35 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 11:31 am
kevinmcguiness wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 9:34 am
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 26 Oct, 2017 5:43 pm
kevinmcguiness wrote:
Thu 26 Oct, 2017 3:27 pm
i know this is a little off topic but who is also following the jfk files being released today?
Not me. Nothing new.
if anyone else is interested there will be over 2000 files released today, although heavily redacted in my opinon. I think it is huge news. Although he slept around i'm a big fan of Jack. Most online organisations are doing live updates

There may be some historically interesting documents. I doubt anything of significance relevant to the assassination will surface.
You're right, there were hundreds of files that weren't released because of a 'security risk'. How could something that occurred 60+ years ago be a security risk?

User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW

Post by hammertime » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 4:48 pm

So Barnaby has been kicked out + 4 others. Man this is a massive waste of tax dollars.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3719
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 5:20 pm

hammertime wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 4:48 pm
So Barnaby has been kicked out + 4 others. Man this is a massive waste of tax dollars.
All because their parties have/had inadequate procedures in place. Apart from that already expended and with the by election to come, the decision to not stand Joyce aside, particularly from his ministerial roles, could prove very costly indeed.

In the meantime, we have drugs and guns potentially flooding into our country following funding being cut to be diverted to things such as SSM surveys and multiple energy reports that are rejected by a few powerful climate deniers.


Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 6:25 pm

Hopefully while Barnyard is on the interchange, the opposition can seek a RC on the banks. Also provide some relief for our lowest paid.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9377
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 7:18 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 6:25 pm
Hopefully while Barnyard is on the interchange, the opposition can seek a RC on the banks. Also provide some relief for our lowest paid.
Or get the ROC wound up.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4185
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 8:24 pm

kevinmcguiness wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 4:33 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 3:42 pm
kevinmcguiness wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 9:34 am
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 26 Oct, 2017 5:43 pm


Not me. Nothing new.
if anyone else is interested there will be over 2000 files released today, although heavily redacted in my opinon. I think it is huge news. Although he slept around i'm a big fan of Jack. Most online organisations are doing live updates
I think before taking the presidency he had take an oath or something of loyalty to America and not to the Vatican - they did not trust the Irish Catholics for some reason. There is a chance the USA got involved in Vietnam to save the corrupt Catholic president - bad stuff if it is true. On his assassination day it was a declared a holiday at the Sacred Heart Convent School and we were sent home about midday. Bring it on Harvey.
what was it like that day at school? I've asked almost all my family who were alive at the time.

I read most people in the US don't believe LHO did it and majority believe it was a group of people.

I've read countless books about the issue and i firmly believe he was the last great US president. He and his brother bobby really wanted to move away from organised crime like what Joe Kennedy did and wanted to break the CIA into a million pieces whilst ending the war in Vietnam. I guess that never happened.
In Catholic nuns' schools we celebrated St Patricks Day etc not Anzac Day etc. or national days. JFK was sort of a Catholic hero due to the Cuban Missile Crisis in taking the atheistic commos on and defeating them. It was not known at the time the the West would withdraw their missiles stationed in Turkey aimed at the USSR as part of the deal. Everyone was sad except us school children who did not mind going home early at all. It was a bit silly when thinking of it now with all the guns in USA and the president goes around without a bullet proof glass dome.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW

Post by hammertime » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 8:27 pm

formerguest wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 5:20 pm
hammertime wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 4:48 pm
So Barnaby has been kicked out + 4 others. Man this is a massive waste of tax dollars.
All because their parties have/had inadequate procedures in place. Apart from that already expended and with the by election to come, the decision to not stand Joyce aside, particularly from his ministerial roles, could prove very costly indeed.

In the meantime, we have drugs and guns potentially flooding into our country following funding being cut to be diverted to things such as SSM surveys and multiple energy reports that are rejected by a few powerful climate deniers.
Mate, no offence, but you really are one-eyed.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3719
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 9:23 pm

hammertime wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 8:27 pm
formerguest wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 5:20 pm
hammertime wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 4:48 pm
So Barnaby has been kicked out + 4 others. Man this is a massive waste of tax dollars.
All because their parties have/had inadequate procedures in place. Apart from that already expended and with the by election to come, the decision to not stand Joyce aside, particularly from his ministerial roles, could prove very costly indeed.

In the meantime, we have drugs and guns potentially flooding into our country following funding being cut to be diverted to things such as SSM surveys and multiple energy reports that are rejected by a few powerful climate deniers.
Mate, no offence, but you really are one-eyed.
Fairly well, yeah, though I give credit where due and you are welcome to point out where I may have been wrong on any recent points. I actually thought I was agreeing with your above point on waste and just adding context, not thinking that with your previous posts that the process, rather than practices or lack thereof, may have been your problem.

kevinmcguiness
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon 16 Oct, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by kevinmcguiness » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 10:40 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 8:24 pm
kevinmcguiness wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 4:33 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 3:42 pm
kevinmcguiness wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 9:34 am


if anyone else is interested there will be over 2000 files released today, although heavily redacted in my opinon. I think it is huge news. Although he slept around i'm a big fan of Jack. Most online organisations are doing live updates
I think before taking the presidency he had take an oath or something of loyalty to America and not to the Vatican - they did not trust the Irish Catholics for some reason. There is a chance the USA got involved in Vietnam to save the corrupt Catholic president - bad stuff if it is true. On his assassination day it was a declared a holiday at the Sacred Heart Convent School and we were sent home about midday. Bring it on Harvey.
what was it like that day at school? I've asked almost all my family who were alive at the time.

I read most people in the US don't believe LHO did it and majority believe it was a group of people.

I've read countless books about the issue and i firmly believe he was the last great US president. He and his brother bobby really wanted to move away from organised crime like what Joe Kennedy did and wanted to break the CIA into a million pieces whilst ending the war in Vietnam. I guess that never happened.
In Catholic nuns' schools we celebrated St Patricks Day etc not Anzac Day etc. or national days. JFK was sort of a Catholic hero due to the Cuban Missile Crisis in taking the atheistic commos on and defeating them. It was not known at the time the the West would withdraw their missiles stationed in Turkey aimed at the USSR as part of the deal. Everyone was sad except us school children who did not mind going home early at all. It was a bit silly when thinking of it now with all the guns in USA and the president goes around without a bullet proof glass dome.
Very interesting. Must have been an interesting time to be alive with the civil rights movement and baby boomers etc, MLK; Marylin Monroe etc

Sounds like JFK was loved by many at the time. Far cry from Obama and Trump. Sounds like JFK saved us all during the cuban missle crisis. I read he wanted to blow up the CIA and the federal reserve. Funny you and many others remember where they were. Yet when HW Bush was asked he cannot recall and there were records of receipts of his stay at Sheraton Hotel Dallas & photo of him.

Do you remember tihngs like MLK; Bobby Kennedy assassinations?

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9377
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 11:11 pm

I wouldn't waste too much time with the conspiracy nonsense. Bush Snr was in the oil business in 1963. I doubt anyone with any credibility thinks he was involved in Kennedy being killed. Oswald was responsible and the evidence to support that is overwhelming.

I've been to the Lorraine Hotel where MLK was shot - it's now a civil rights museum. You get access to both King's murder site and the flea bag room where Ray shot from. Powerful stuff.

kevinmcguiness
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon 16 Oct, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by kevinmcguiness » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 12:14 am

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 11:11 pm
I wouldn't waste too much time with the conspiracy nonsense. Bush Snr was in the oil business in 1963. I doubt anyone with any credibility thinks he was involved in Kennedy being killed. Oswald was responsible and the evidence to support that is overwhelming.

I've been to the Lorraine Hotel where MLK was shot - it's now a civil rights museum. You get access to both King's murder site and the flea bag room where Ray shot from. Powerful stuff.
There were CIA articles singling out Bush lol
But on the contrary, the evidence actually points to at least 8 shooters on the day. And the evidence points to LHO being a patsy. From all the evidence gathered LHO has nothing to do with the assasination. There is countless testimony from witnesses and family and friends. Most profound was LBJs partner who recounted the meeting the night before the assassination where bush; LBJ; The mob; Hoover were all there.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5827
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 8:17 am

To those who think the court decision is a waste of time, would they feel so benovelent if it was half a dozen Labour Pollies who got caught.
Turnbull has egg all over him ( again) for thinking that he could pick and choose which laws he could obey, and which ones he could ignore.
For him and the And the Nationals to hold out , and make it go to the high court shows their contempt towards those of us who are expected to obey all laws, whether we are aware of them or otherwise.
My only problem with it is that these people have been getting a bucketful of Taxpayers money , and will continue to do so, while they were in the parliament and voting on MANY
bills over the years.
They were not even eligible to be there!!!!!
They were taking( knowingly or not) money under illegal circumstances.
And should have to pay it back!!!
Any of us in those circumstances would have to. Wages , super, the whole lot.

Labour is Nuts if they don't use this to the hilt.
Imagine Abbot and Turnbull getting this free kick.
They'd go for the throat.
Shorten needs to do the same to them
Unfortunately Joyce will get back in, but the money he's acrued illegally shoul be paid back .
Turnbull is really squirming with this and the Cash bungle, both these things are going to hurt him for quite a long while

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21017
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 8:20 am

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 11:11 pm
I wouldn't waste too much time with the conspiracy nonsense. Bush Snr was in the oil business in 1963. I doubt anyone with any credibility thinks he was involved in Kennedy being killed. Oswald was responsible and the evidence to support that is overwhelming.

I've been to the Lorraine Hotel where MLK was shot - it's now a civil rights museum. You get access to both King's murder site and the flea bag room where Ray shot from. Powerful stuff.
Please.

On the info that's being declassified, whoopdy doo. Nothing that's being now released is going to be groundbreaking. Besides, any info that's released is only info that the Governmemt have had over 50 years to doctor to their liking.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21017
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 8:24 am

I know we had a Trump thread that was locked, but this thread is seriously lacking discussion about the absolute circus the U.S finds themselves in politically ATM. We think we have it bad.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 10:36 am

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 7:18 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 27 Oct, 2017 6:25 pm
Hopefully while Barnyard is on the interchange, the opposition can seek a RC on the banks. Also provide some relief for our lowest paid.
Or get the ROC wound up.
What kind of democracy are we living in when the separation between Govt, a supposedly independent body and the AFP is not transparent? Weren't these documents produced for the sixty million dollar TURC where Shorten was cross examined for 2 days?

But what really annoys me is it took an article from Buzzfeed to expose the political nature of the exercise.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 10:44 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 28 Oct, 2017 8:17 am
To those who think the court decision is a waste of time, would they feel so benovelent if it was half a dozen Labour Pollies who got caught.
Turnbull has egg all over him ( again) for thinking that he could pick and choose which laws he could obey, and which ones he could ignore.
For him and the And the Nationals to hold out , and make it go to the high court shows their contempt towards those of us who are expected to obey all laws, whether we are aware of them or otherwise.
My only problem with it is that these people have been getting a bucketful of Taxpayers money , and will continue to do so, while they were in the parliament and voting on MANY
bills over the years.
They were not even eligible to be there!!!!!
They were taking( knowingly or not) money under illegal circumstances.
And should have to pay it back!!!
Any of us in those circumstances would have to. Wages , super, the whole lot.

Labour is Nuts if they don't use this to the hilt.
Imagine Abbot and Turnbull getting this free kick.
They'd go for the throat.
Shorten needs to do the same to them
Unfortunately Joyce will get back in, but the money he's acrued illegally shoul be paid back .
Turnbull is really squirming with this and the Cash bungle, both these things are going to hurt him for quite a long while
In 2009 when Keating said Turnbull lacked judgement. Just a few Turnbull gems which suggest Keating's comments were spot on

1. that the HC would find Barnyard eligible to sit in Parliament
2. Castigating the Greens for their two ineligible Senators
3. Launching an attack and smear campaign (still on going) over Shorten, his supposed dual citizenship and his links to the Unios.

Post Reply