Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

General Social Discussion
Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 49 times

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 2:10 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 1:49 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 11:56 am
I have only seen Credlin when I was hospitalised and she was for gay marriage - she must have escaped Tony Abbott's influence
She is entitled to her opinion. Mr Abbott is entitled to his. So do you and I and everyone else. There are no right or wrong opinions, there are just opinions.
According to many religious groups there are wrong opinions! As the gay groups also claim.

You sound like the opposite of Abraham - hearing no evil, seeing no evil and speaking no evil. Abe even sees evil hopping across the field.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2737
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 4:02 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 2:10 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 1:49 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 11:56 am
I have only seen Credlin when I was hospitalised and she was for gay marriage - she must have escaped Tony Abbott's influence
She is entitled to her opinion. Mr Abbott is entitled to his. So do you and I and everyone else. There are no right or wrong opinions, there are just opinions.
According to many religious groups there are wrong opinions! As the gay groups also claim.

You sound like the opposite of Abraham - hearing no evil, seeing no evil and speaking no evil. Abe even sees evil hopping across the field.
:? :?

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2367
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 4:16 pm

Do you believe Chrissy Pyne has been set up or as one responder said "Hell Yeath, that's the way to celebrate the SSM yes vote". :lol:

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by formerguest » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 6:58 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 4:16 pm
Do you believe Chrissy Pyne has been set up or as one responder said "Hell Yeath, that's the way to celebrate the SSM yes vote". :lol:
Don't go much on the almost constant whining of Pyne, but the conservatives have been after his head for a long time, with Bernadi long trying to usurp him and gain control in SA and still pulling weight within the party to try and achieve it despite leaving it.

Little in politics surprises me anymore.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2367
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 6:57 pm

Just as the pollies pull their snouts out of the trough to fess up re citizenship, we await potentially one which could impact the outcome of the Qld election. An article from the BBC in 2010 re Pauline Hanson.

Regardless of which side of the political spectrum you sit, having members whose eligibility is in question voting on matters such as penalty rates and denying a banking RC is pretty poor.

Remember that it is not that the snouts in the trough, it is the length of the snout.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8515977.stm


Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2367
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 7:26 pm

Another link to a Telegraph UK article. The last line re Pauline Hanson. What a disgrace when the is no certainty about the legitimacy of our Parliament. I guess the GG is too busy enjoying his knighthood and all the functions which go with the office!

"She can hold dual citizenship because her father is English."

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16112
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 138 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 7:51 am

And this is precisely why a referendum should be called. It's quite clear we cannot rely on politicians to do basic due diligence and fill out some paperwork correctly.

And these clowns run the country and we seem to be relatively unfazed by their apparent lack of detail.
John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 8:31 am

Cultured Bogan: John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Reminds me of guys who use ladies of the night but refuse to use latex protection???
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16112
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 138 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 9:06 am

I'm not surprised you don't get a Bloodhound Gang reference Byron.
John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1028
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Abraham » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 12:52 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 2:10 pm
You sound like the opposite of Abraham - hearing no evil, seeing no evil and speaking no evil. Abe even sees evil hopping across the field.
Does your head make a whistling sound on windy days?

MG1962
Member
Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 12:44 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by MG1962 » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 2:53 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 22 Nov, 2017 7:26 pm

"She can hold dual citizenship because her father is English."
You do realize the majority of Governor Generals in Australia's history were British?

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2367
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 6:30 pm

MG1962 wrote:
Thu 23 Nov, 2017 2:53 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 22 Nov, 2017 7:26 pm

"She can hold dual citizenship because her father is English."
You do realize the majority of Governor Generals in Australia's history were British?
No. But my concern is we appear to have a number of Senators or MPs who are ineligible under our constitution yet have voted on matters such as removing penalty rates or have prevented a banking RC being instituted.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4350
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 55 times

Unread post by Snake » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 8:36 pm

These politicians have by law to take due diligence and make full disclosure in regards to dual citizenship .These parasites have not done this and trashed our constitution they should be stripped of all pensions and wages from the day they took office illegally and be disqualified from running for office in the future.There would be a very small percentage that have been caught honestly.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 8:40 pm

Snake wrote:
Thu 23 Nov, 2017 8:36 pm
These politicians have by law to take due diligence and make full disclosure in regards to dual citizenship .These parasites have not done this and trashed our constitution they should be stripped of all pensions and wages from the day they took office illegally and be disqualified from running for office in the future.There would be a very small percentage that have been caught honestly.
Well said snake agree 100%.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 8:42 pm

Abraham wrote:
Thu 23 Nov, 2017 12:52 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 2:10 pm
You sound like the opposite of Abraham - hearing no evil, seeing no evil and speaking no evil. Abe even sees evil hopping across the field.
Does your head make a whistling sound on windy days?
Not nearly as much as when you put a bullet ear to ear through a roos head and you get great pleasure out of it.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Munk » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 10:12 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 23 Nov, 2017 8:42 pm
Abraham wrote:
Thu 23 Nov, 2017 12:52 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 2:10 pm
You sound like the opposite of Abraham - hearing no evil, seeing no evil and speaking no evil. Abe even sees evil hopping across the field.
Does your head make a whistling sound on windy days?
Not nearly as much as when you put a bullet ear to ear through a roos head and you get great pleasure out of it.
Not as good as shooting squatters and their children though I presume?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by formerguest » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 10:45 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 22 Nov, 2017 6:57 pm
Just as the pollies pull their snouts out of the trough to fess up re citizenship, we await potentially one which could impact the outcome of the Qld election. An article from the BBC in 2010 re Pauline Hanson.

Regardless of which side of the political spectrum you sit, having members whose eligibility is in question voting on matters such as penalty rates and denying a banking RC is pretty poor.

Remember that it is not that the snouts in the trough, it is the length of the snout.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8515977.stm
What about the trunk like length of Xenophon putting himself on the payroll as a staffer to one of his federal Senators whilst he is setting himself up for the SA election.

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”