Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

General Social Discussion
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36844
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Post by happy tiger » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 12:58 am

willow wrote:
Fri 19 Jan, 2018 4:06 pm
Alright, I've had just about enough of the meaningless dribble in this thread. As the title says, it's politics - Discuss politics and discuss it rationally (a hard concept for some on here) or this thread closes.
Not sure if this is classed as meaningless dribble , but what has happened in NZ with the PM falling pregnant raises for me an interesting question

The PM found out she was pregnant on the 13th of October and was elected in the 19th of October

Should she have informed the voting public once she was elected that she was pregnant ??

My opinion yes , something that important the voters who voted you in have the right to know

Same as if you had been given news you had possible life ending cancer , the public should be told asap


User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25500
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 6:56 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 12:58 am
willow wrote:
Fri 19 Jan, 2018 4:06 pm
Alright, I've had just about enough of the meaningless dribble in this thread. As the title says, it's politics - Discuss politics and discuss it rationally (a hard concept for some on here) or this thread closes.
Not sure if this is classed as meaningless dribble , but what has happened in NZ with the PM falling pregnant raises for me an interesting question

The PM found out she was pregnant on the 13th of October and was elected in the 19th of October

Should she have informed the voting public once she was elected that she was pregnant ??

My opinion yes , something that important the voters who voted you in have the right to know

Same as if you had been given news you had possible life ending cancer , the public should be told asap
Most people i know who get pregnant wait at least to they are past the fisrt trimester before making announcements ...we had lost 2 children between our 1st and 2nd born due to miscarriage early in the piece....

Don't think it's unreasonable at all fairly normal, I would say...also dont see how being pregnant would effect voters decisions...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3327
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 8:19 am

No problem whatsoever with her/them not announcing it to the general public nor any individual prior to the danger period of some three months passing, nor with her leading the country whilst pregnant.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25606
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:43 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 12:58 am
willow wrote:
Fri 19 Jan, 2018 4:06 pm
Alright, I've had just about enough of the meaningless dribble in this thread. As the title says, it's politics - Discuss politics and discuss it rationally (a hard concept for some on here) or this thread closes.
Not sure if this is classed as meaningless dribble , but what has happened in NZ with the PM falling pregnant raises for me an interesting question

The PM found out she was pregnant on the 13th of October and was elected in the 19th of October

Should she have informed the voting public once she was elected that she was pregnant ??

My opinion yes , something that important the voters who voted you in have the right to know

Same as if you had been given news you had possible life ending cancer , the public should be told asap
Parenthood and terminal illness...bit of an extreme comparison.
It wouldnt bother me if it were me voting with that possibility for one of the candidates...it happens to all of us, part of life

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2778
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 11:23 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 12:58 am
willow wrote:
Fri 19 Jan, 2018 4:06 pm
Alright, I've had just about enough of the meaningless dribble in this thread. As the title says, it's politics - Discuss politics and discuss it rationally (a hard concept for some on here) or this thread closes.
Not sure if this is classed as meaningless dribble , but what has happened in NZ with the PM falling pregnant raises for me an interesting question

The PM found out she was pregnant on the 13th of October and was elected in the 19th of October

Should she have informed the voting public once she was elected that she was pregnant ??

My opinion yes , something that important the voters who voted you in have the right to know

Same as if you had been given news you had possible life ending cancer , the public should be told asap
What would a parties leader being pregnant have do do with which candidate you would vote for in your local seat? I think that they should all be forced to have invasive medicals, and needless tests and the results made public in case they have a terminal illness, are pregnant, or spineless, but are not aware of it.


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36844
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 6:23 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 6:56 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 12:58 am
willow wrote:
Fri 19 Jan, 2018 4:06 pm
Alright, I've had just about enough of the meaningless dribble in this thread. As the title says, it's politics - Discuss politics and discuss it rationally (a hard concept for some on here) or this thread closes.
Not sure if this is classed as meaningless dribble , but what has happened in NZ with the PM falling pregnant raises for me an interesting question

The PM found out she was pregnant on the 13th of October and was elected in the 19th of October

Should she have informed the voting public once she was elected that she was pregnant ??

My opinion yes , something that important the voters who voted you in have the right to know

Same as if you had been given news you had possible life ending cancer , the public should be told asap
Most people i know who get pregnant wait at least to they are past the fisrt trimester before making announcements ...we had lost 2 children between our 1st and 2nd born due to miscarriage early in the piece....

Don't think it's unreasonable at all fairly normal, I would say...also dont see how being pregnant would effect voters decisions...
I'm seriously sorry to hear to that Geo and we have done the same in regards to waiting 12 weeks before telling people , but do the same rules apply to us that apply to politicians

What if she decided to take maternity leave , there is nothing stopping her

That's why I'm putting it out there

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2626
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 7:19 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 6:23 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 6:56 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 12:58 am
willow wrote:
Fri 19 Jan, 2018 4:06 pm
Alright, I've had just about enough of the meaningless dribble in this thread. As the title says, it's politics - Discuss politics and discuss it rationally (a hard concept for some on here) or this thread closes.
Not sure if this is classed as meaningless dribble , but what has happened in NZ with the PM falling pregnant raises for me an interesting question

The PM found out she was pregnant on the 13th of October and was elected in the 19th of October

Should she have informed the voting public once she was elected that she was pregnant ??

My opinion yes , something that important the voters who voted you in have the right to know

Same as if you had been given news you had possible life ending cancer , the public should be told asap
Most people i know who get pregnant wait at least to they are past the fisrt trimester before making announcements ...we had lost 2 children between our 1st and 2nd born due to miscarriage early in the piece....

Don't think it's unreasonable at all fairly normal, I would say...also dont see how being pregnant would effect voters decisions...
I'm seriously sorry to hear to that Geo and we have done the same in regards to waiting 12 weeks before telling people , but do the same rules apply to us that apply to politicians

What if she decided to take maternity leave , there is nothing stopping her

That's why I'm putting it out there
Hopefully she does take maternity leave, she should spend those early months with her child. I don't see why it's a probem, the people of NZ were voting for a party not an individual leader. She's a Prime Minister, not a President. I know some people don't vote that way but they should because there are all sorts of ways a Prime Minister can be ousted whilst sitting - just look at Kevin, Julia, Tony etc.

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Sun 21 Jan, 2018 10:23 pm

It could be a hot topic as it will further prove to those who argue that way that women, especially during their child bearing years, should not be in seats of power.
At the very least, it will throw more fuel on the wage gap fire.

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Abraham » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 12:21 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 6:56 am
...also dont see how being pregnant would effect voters decisions...
We all know pregnant chicks get crazy.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10444
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 1:15 pm

Abraham wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 12:21 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 6:56 am
...also dont see how being pregnant would effect voters decisions...
We all know pregnant chicks get crazy.
Happy Tiger is Pregnant?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36844
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 3:51 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 1:15 pm
Abraham wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 12:21 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 6:56 am
...also dont see how being pregnant would effect voters decisions...
We all know pregnant chicks get crazy.
Happy Tiger is Pregnant?
Yes and you ,Geo ,Cultured Bogan ,Hobbo ,Ink ,Gallagher ,Willow , King Sirro and GNR need to do a DNA test :shock:

I think you need to have some partiality for the leader of the party as well as the party itself

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30187
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 9:15 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 3:51 am
Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 1:15 pm
Abraham wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 12:21 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 6:56 am
...also dont see how being pregnant would effect voters decisions...
We all know pregnant chicks get crazy.
Happy Tiger is Pregnant?
Yes and you ,Geo ,Cultured Bogan ,Hobbo ,Ink ,Gallagher ,Willow , King Sirro and GNR need to do a DNA test :shock:

I think you need to have some partiality for the leader of the party as well as the party itself
No dramas at all Happy, you won't be the first bloke I've taken a DNA sample from :mrgreen:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36844
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 11:49 pm

willow wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 9:15 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 3:51 am
Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 1:15 pm
Abraham wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 12:21 pm


We all know pregnant chicks get crazy.
Happy Tiger is Pregnant?
Yes and you ,Geo ,Cultured Bogan ,Hobbo ,Ink ,Gallagher ,Willow , King Sirro and GNR need to do a DNA test :shock:

I think you need to have some partiality for the leader of the party as well as the party itself
No dramas at all Happy, you won't be the first bloke I've taken a DNA sample from :mrgreen:
Hope you don't mind the Jerry Springer show :lol:

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Sun 28 Jan, 2018 12:11 pm

willow wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 9:15 pm
No dramas at all Happy, you won't be the first bloke I've taken a DNA sample from :mrgreen: [/quote]

Not sure that came out the way you meant it willow! :roll
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36844
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 28 Jan, 2018 11:13 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Sun 28 Jan, 2018 12:11 pm
willow wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 9:15 pm
No dramas at all Happy, you won't be the first bloke I've taken a DNA sample from :mrgreen:
Not sure that came out the way you meant it willow! :roll
[/quote]

I don't know Sheer , it came out the way it was meant to come out at my end :o

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Bob » Mon 29 Jan, 2018 1:09 am

I agree you vote for a party not a person, therefore even if she was to take maternity leave the policies and practices should be put in place to cover that leave..

My understanding though is that all parliamentarians went through a medical check before being sworn in to ensure that they are fit for duty. I am amazed it wasn’t leaked before hand!!

If that was Australia the media would of found out before she did. There would of been an immediate challenge and the parliament would of turned into a circus...

Kiwis should be proud.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3327
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Fri 23 Feb, 2018 9:57 am

Can't help to laugh whilst watching the reserves for reserve grade of the government in the background with Qantas' Allan Joyce spruiking their business tax cuts and the reasons for it, including employment. This is the same company that is recording record profits on the back of wholesale employee cuts, has not paid a cent in tax for a few years, will not pay again this year and likely next year as well.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3468
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Fri 23 Feb, 2018 11:19 am

formerguest wrote:
Fri 23 Feb, 2018 9:57 am
Can't help to laugh whilst watching the reserves for reserve grade of the government in the background with Qantas' Allan Joyce spruiking their business tax cuts and the reasons for it, including employment. This is the same company that is recording record profits on the back of wholesale employee cuts, has not paid a cent in tax for a few years, will not pay again this year and likely next year as well.
It's easy.

Make a profit, buy a few new Dreamliners and 777's and put yourself in the red.

Pay no tax - they have been doing it for 30 years that I know of.

Post Reply
cron