Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

General Social Discussion
Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Post by Munk » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 8:00 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 6:20 am
Salty?
So so 16.
What a thought provoking post. We have another genius here folks.


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29697
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 9:25 am

Munk wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 8:00 am
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 6:20 am
Salty?
So so 16.
What a thought provoking post. We have another genius here folks.
The irony

pdenny77
Member
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat 16 Feb, 2013 8:06 pm

Post by pdenny77 » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 9:38 am

I love a political thread.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3243
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 11:23 am

formerguest wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 7:30 am
magpiecol wrote:
Mon 08 Jan, 2018 3:35 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 08 Jan, 2018 3:09 pm
Munk wrote:
Mon 08 Jan, 2018 2:28 pm


Not at all. I just love watching him troll the left and turning them insane. The entertainment industry has made itself look pathetic with a number of high profile "stars" claiming they are going to kill him hahaha.
The leftist media have copped it worse with millions around the world claiming everything they write, say and publish is a lie. Its very funny watching them loose their minds and dig the hole deeper.
How do they lose their minds? They report what they see. I think they have a right to be upset with a President who among other things get into a war of words with war widows. But who cares, as long as it upsets the left. That seems to be his supporters main priority.
TDS is rife.

How about the fake media report on the record stock prices, lower housing, lowest black unemployment in history, same with hispanics. Isis gone, lower taxes for all. Talks taking place between north and south korea, self sufficient in gas and oil, conservative judicial appointments.

In the near future, the wall, infrastructure and immigration reform.

Snowflakes, you have another 7 years of President Trump, get used to it.

:lol:
Laughing emoji, ha ha ha, I think that you may actually believe it.

The US economy continues on with the overwhelming majority of economic policy of the Obama administration in place that is guiding it. That would be the one that had to overcome the GFC that the previous Republican government policies gifted the world and also created another of your favourites, ISIS.
So, for eight years Obama's so called policies could not raise the economy above 2% growth.

BUT, in the first year of Mr Trump, ( 3% and rising ) Obama's policies suddenly work.

If you believe that then have I got a bridge to sell you.

:brick:

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3243
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 11:26 am

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 11:23 am
formerguest wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 7:30 am
magpiecol wrote:
Mon 08 Jan, 2018 3:35 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 08 Jan, 2018 3:09 pm

How do they lose their minds? They report what they see. I think they have a right to be upset with a President who among other things get into a war of words with war widows. But who cares, as long as it upsets the left. That seems to be his supporters main priority.
TDS is rife.

How about the fake media report on the record stock prices, lower housing, lowest black unemployment in history, same with hispanics. Isis gone, lower taxes for all. Talks taking place between north and south korea, self sufficient in gas and oil, conservative judicial appointments.

In the near future, the wall, infrastructure and immigration reform.

Snowflakes, you have another 7 years of President Trump, get used to it.

:lol:
Laughing emoji, ha ha ha, I think that you may actually believe it.

The US economy continues on with the overwhelming majority of economic policy of the Obama administration in place that is guiding it. That would be the one that had to overcome the GFC that the previous Republican government policies gifted the world and also created another of your favourites, ISIS.
So, for eight years Obama's so called policies could not raise the economy above 2% growth.

BUT, in the first year of Mr Trump, ( 3% and rising ) Obama's policies suddenly work.

If you believe that then have I got a bridge to sell you.

And I see that you have nothing to say about other Trump policies that I set out.

:brick:


coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 9:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by coivtny » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 11:29 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 9:25 am
Munk wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 8:00 am
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 6:20 am
Salty?
So so 16.
What a thought provoking post. We have another genius here folks.
The irony
Haha, love it. You might have to explain it to him though.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4132
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 12:06 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 11:26 am
magpiecol wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 11:23 am
formerguest wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 7:30 am
magpiecol wrote:
Mon 08 Jan, 2018 3:35 pm


TDS is rife.

How about the fake media report on the record stock prices, lower housing, lowest black unemployment in history, same with hispanics. Isis gone, lower taxes for all. Talks taking place between north and south korea, self sufficient in gas and oil, conservative judicial appointments.

In the near future, the wall, infrastructure and immigration reform.

Snowflakes, you have another 7 years of President Trump, get used to it.

:lol:
Laughing emoji, ha ha ha, I think that you may actually believe it.

The US economy continues on with the overwhelming majority of economic policy of the Obama administration in place that is guiding it. That would be the one that had to overcome the GFC that the previous Republican government policies gifted the world and also created another of your favourites, ISIS.
So, for eight years Obama's so called policies could not raise the economy above 2% growth.

BUT, in the first year of Mr Trump, ( 3% and rising ) Obama's policies suddenly work.

If you believe that then have I got a bridge to sell you.

And I see that you have nothing to say about other Trump policies that I set out.

:brick:
You might as well keep banging that head of yours against the wall Col. Apart from that already addressed and I note that the current economic situation had been forecast throughout the presidential primaries (maybe you recall employment numbers and interest rate projections etc), there is bugger all to comment on nation wise, as he has done and/or completed very little. ISIS were also very much in retreat when Trump was inaugurated.

You then went on to state other areas on which he was in talks, like those between North and South Korea and judicial appointments. The my button is bigger than yours tweets and speeches are nearly as ridiculous as his Asian counterpart, as is his record on appointments thus far, both federal and White House wise, which in some cases have already had multiple changes. Maybe he will show reasonable judgment with the courts.

As for building more fences and other projects, how is the Mexican government financing going and please let us know where the infrastructure monies are coming from, along with setting out the policies that you want us to believe he can be judged on?

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Abraham » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 12:49 pm

Meanwhile in Australia ... we are going to have to choose between Malcolm Turnbull and Bill Shorten very shortly.

God help us all ...

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 2:28 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 9:25 am
Munk wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 8:00 am
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 6:20 am
Salty?
So so 16.
What a thought provoking post. We have another genius here folks.
The irony
:lol: is that all?

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 2:33 pm

Great to hear the Democrats have tapped Oprah Winfrey on the shoulder for next election. Trump better get comfortable, the opposition have stopped trying.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 3:12 pm

Abraham wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 12:49 pm
Meanwhile in Australia ... we are going to have to choose between Malcolm Turnbull and Bill Shorten very shortly.

God help us all ...
Not too sure about 'shortly' part, but imagine if we had a non-compulsary voting system in Australia. We would rival Europe voter turn-outs with ease.

I'm not sure what the solution for this country is, or if there actually is one that a majority could agree on.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Abraham » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 5:09 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 3:12 pm
Abraham wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 12:49 pm
Meanwhile in Australia ... we are going to have to choose between Malcolm Turnbull and Bill Shorten very shortly.

God help us all ...
Not too sure about 'shortly' part, but imagine if we had a non-compulsary voting system in Australia. We would rival Europe voter turn-outs with ease.

I'm not sure what the solution for this country is, or if there actually is one that a majority could agree on.
We are probably one by-election away from an early election.

I don't think the compulsory system is a bad one, at least most people take at least a cursory glance at the candidates.

My hope is that Malcolm realises he is a dead man walking and falls on his sword, and that someone from the Liberals comes in and saves the day. I can't fathom Shorten as PM ... he makes my skin crawl in a really unhealthy way.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 6:29 pm

If this Parliament goes its full term, Labor wont go to the polls with Shorten. The ALP need to find someone who will be more popular than the sitting Prime Minister. [Not sure who the PM will be :D ]
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29873
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 6:44 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 6:29 pm
If this Parliament goes its full term, Labor wont go to the polls with Shorten. The ALP need to find someone who will be more popular than the sitting Prime Minister. [Not sure who the PM will be :D ]
I would vote for you...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 6:53 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 6:29 pm
If this Parliament goes its full term, Labor wont go to the polls with Shorten. The ALP need to find someone who will be more popular than the sitting Prime Minister. [Not sure who the PM will be :D ]
Labour needs to take a long hard look. Shorten is not the person to lead labour to the next election.
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18323
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 7:32 pm

Munk wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 2:33 pm
Great to hear the Democrats have tapped Oprah Winfrey on the shoulder for next election. Trump better get comfortable, the opposition have stopped trying.
Well it worked for the Republicans to be fair...
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22835
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 7:35 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 7:32 pm
Munk wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 2:33 pm
Great to hear the Democrats have tapped Oprah Winfrey on the shoulder for next election. Trump better get comfortable, the opposition have stopped trying.
Well it worked for the Republicans to be fair...
Well they did run with a candidate who is like, really smart. A stable genius.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 10 Jan, 2018 2:26 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 7:35 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 7:32 pm
Munk wrote:
Tue 09 Jan, 2018 2:33 pm
Great to hear the Democrats have tapped Oprah Winfrey on the shoulder for next election. Trump better get comfortable, the opposition have stopped trying.
Well it worked for the Republicans to be fair...
Well they did run with a candidate who is like, really smart. A stable genius.
Mr Ed was a stable genius.
"Quality Stupidity"

Post Reply