Racing tips, talk etc

General Social Discussion
Centaur

Re: Racing tips, talk etc

Post by Centaur » Sun 24 Oct, 2010 4:14 pm

king sirro wrote:
Centaur wrote:So You Think won't run 3200m.
'

I bet u it does............
Ok. It will run 3200m, just won't be quick enough :)

Poppa

Post by Poppa » Mon 25 Oct, 2010 6:58 pm

I'm off to the Melbourne Cup.With all the info on here I should back a winner.Bart could get up again,so to can Gai Waterhouse.Anyway I'm off to have a good time win or lose...or maybe I'll be flogging a dead horse or two.Looking for a big 2011 season...

:deadhorse: :pray:
Cheers Poppa

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 25 Oct, 2010 10:23 pm

So You Think is running the McKinnon this week, so Im not too sure how serious Bart is about winning the Cup. But, he is the champion when it comes to Melbourne Cups...

I'm warming to the American...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Tue 26 Oct, 2010 8:30 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:So You Think is running the McKinnon this week, so Im not too sure how serious Bart is about winning the Cup. But, he is the champion when it comes to Melbourne Cups...

After what Americain did in the Geelong Cup it must be considered a major chance. I like Harris Tweed and still feel that Zipping could offer something over the 2 miles at Flemmington.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 29 Oct, 2010 4:35 pm

"IF" it rains in melborune 2mro, have an all up

Moudre-place
Brazillian Prince-place
Shocking-place
Shellscrape-win
Albert the Fat-place

at current odds, $5 on that would collect you $4,346.50. Not bad when only one of them needs to win
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 29 Oct, 2010 4:46 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:So You Think is running the McKinnon this week, so Im not too sure how serious Bart is about winning the Cup. But, he is the champion when it comes to Melbourne Cups...

What do you mean? The McKinnon is the usual race for horses like So You Think (i.e. WFA horses) to run in before the cup.

I've got by doubts about Geelong Cup form but then again I think Media Puzzle won that race before it won the cup.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Fri 29 Oct, 2010 5:14 pm

Metal Bender in the MackInnon for mine, with Rainbow Styling in calculations if it gets really wet.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 29 Oct, 2010 5:15 pm

Chadman's Ghost wrote:Metal Bender in the MackInnon for mine, with Rainbow Styling in calculations if it gets really wet.
You really think (pardon the pun) he can beat So You Think at WFA over 2000m?

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Fri 29 Oct, 2010 8:13 pm

I like General Truce in the Coolmore.
Trusting in the McKinnon and Perfect Pecs in the Derby.
If Poor Judge can run like its last run, it should go well in the last.
Good luck everyone!

tigergran

Post by tigergran » Sat 30 Oct, 2010 5:49 pm

NJLM78 wrote:.....If Poor Judge can run like its last run, it should go well in the last.
Good luck everyone!

Thanks NJLM78 - your tip on Poor Judge (that's an omen for someone like me!) eased my disappointment at the rest of the donkeys I put my hard-earned on!! $1e/w got me $19.10.

The pressure is on you now for as profitable a tip in the Melbourne Cup!!

Tigergran
Through thick and thin.
WESTS TIGERS BE PROUD!!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 30 Oct, 2010 7:24 pm

Yossarian wrote:

What do you mean? The McKinnon is the usual race for horses like So You Think (i.e. WFA horses) to run in before the cup.

I've got by doubts about Geelong Cup form but then again I think Media Puzzle won that race before it won the cup.
The McK is a good guide, but I was mainly leading towards the amount of racing So You Think would of done in 2.5 weeks. Cox Plate, next week McKinnon, 3 days later the Cup...

After it's win today, it deserves to be favorite and if it stays, should win.

My best tip gran is to have a good look through the Internationals form, especially races in poor conditions...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 31 Oct, 2010 7:44 am

I will do all of u a favour and not post my tips again
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 31 Oct, 2010 10:57 am

Lol, that's the beauty of betting Sirro... I had a great day yesterday. (Myluckyday & Lion Tamer)

Everyone should have a bet on Tuesday, so good luck. FYI, the Melbourne Cup is possibly the hardest race in the world to pick, so have fun and enjoy the day...

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 31 Oct, 2010 11:12 am

hate punting. I was so close to a good day Watto, i had phenomal Lass all up into Honest Lies.......so close to a big win. And i jumped off Lion Tamer cos of barrier 18 and it comes out and wins by 6 lengths............arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 31 Oct, 2010 11:28 am

king sirro wrote:hate punting. I was so close to a good day Watto, i had phenomal Lass all up into Honest Lies.......so close to a big win. And i jumped off Lion Tamer cos of barrier 18 and it comes out and wins by 6 lengths............arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
It's funny how everyone looks at it differently.

The fact Lion Tamer had a wide barrier was the reason I hit it. Previously LT was a mid field runner, but in his previous run the previous Saturday, he changed tactics and went to the lead. Add that to the track breaking down which normally allows frontrunners an edge, I thought the wide barrier would be perfect to allow LT to get around the pack and get to the front and settle. Considering it's form, $13 was great overs...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 31 Oct, 2010 12:28 pm

king sirro wrote:I will do all of u a favour and not post my tips again

Nooooo...don't do that....

Peeps won't know who to back off.....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 31 Oct, 2010 7:02 pm

tigergran wrote:
NJLM78 wrote:.....If Poor Judge can run like its last run, it should go well in the last.
Good luck everyone!

Thanks NJLM78 - your tip on Poor Judge (that's an omen for someone like me!) eased my disappointment at the rest of the donkeys I put my hard-earned on!! $1e/w got me $19.10.

The pressure is on you now for as profitable a tip in the Melbourne Cup!!

Tigergran
Your Welcome. Poor Judge got me out of trouble too. I like Harris Tweed in the cup. Can't rule out the two Z's to do something - Zipping and Zavite.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 31 Oct, 2010 7:30 pm

Its a hard race and I've got 8 likely winners:- Shocking; Zipping; So You Think; Americian; Descarado; Profound Beauty; Precedence & Maluckyday... Americian is my prefered option based on his International Form and he looked like he could easily improve from his Geelong Cup win.

If anyone wants to include all these in a Trifecta, place $100 on it which will give you around 30% return if it wins...