Racing tips, talk etc

General Social Discussion
Knuckles

Re: Racing tips, talk etc

Post by Knuckles » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:37 pm

My tip is Oakleigh Girl in the big one today.

Lovely to see Tigergrans name in a thread again .... Glad you found this one Happy ! Maybe Tigergran will intercede for you with Vienna Royale.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:40 pm

Knuckles wrote:My tip is Oakleigh Girl in the big one today.

Lovely to see Tigergrans name in a thread again .... Glad you found this one Happy ! Maybe Tigergran will intercede for you with Vienna Royale.
Yes I think of Tigergran when I read this thread

I put her onto Southern Speed in the Caulfield Cup a couple of years ago , and then didn't get a chance to put some dosh on myself

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:44 pm

Yes ..... I think she passed away in Feb 2012 .... Not long before my old man. She used to sit two rows down from me at Cambo with her son ..... Her face used to light up when we won ..... Will think of her and miss her again this season.

At least you put her onto a winner ... Sounds like you brought her a lot of happiness there .... What price was it ? About 15/1 wasn't it ?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:47 pm

Paid about $16 for the win off the top of my head

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 3:03 pm

My old mans horse is running in the last at Warrick Farm. Excellent Point. First back from a spell, won its barrier trial last week. Worth a look at each way.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 3:26 pm

Also found out that Vienna Royale's sister (also part owned by the Mrs family ) Vienna Queen is running today

Doomben Horse 3 race 5 Second favourite paying $4.40 atm

Listened to Tony Gollan's report on Royale , he is quietly confident and will be running the horse differently

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 4:47 pm

happy tiger wrote:Vienna Royale drew barrier 10

Getting upwards of $51 to $101

They just need to find the magic formula they had for its first race which it won easily in a quick time
Ran 7th , Munce rode a great race

Just unlucky had its run blocked about 400 out when it was really making up ground and hit 2-3rd with about 200 to go but didn't go on with it

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 4:53 pm

happy tiger wrote:Also found out that Vienna Royale's sister (also part owned by the Mrs family ) Vienna Queen is running today

Doomben Horse 3 race 5 Second favourite paying $4.40 atm

Listened to Tony Gollan's report on Royale , he is quietly confident and will be running the horse differently
Vienna Queen got 2nd beaten by the favourite

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 5:12 pm

Some good news from the MM day

One of the boys partners got third in the fashions of the field

Well deserved as well , she is lovely on the inside as well as the outside

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 5:17 pm

Knuckles wrote:My tip is Oakleigh Girl in the big one today.

Thought I was a big hope at the top of the straight but the winner was too good. Backed it each way so no damage done !
Winner might be hard to toss in the Slipper.

Post by Guest » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 10:09 pm

Knuckles wrote:Yes ..... I think she passed away in Feb 2012 .... Not long before my old man. She used to sit two rows down from me at Cambo with her son ..... Her face used to light up when we won ..... Will think of her and miss her again this season.

At least you put her onto a winner ... Sounds like you brought her a lot of happiness there .... What price was it ? About 15/1 wasn't it ?
Hi,

Yes, 3 Feb 2012. Hard to believe it's been two years :( I still have the season tickets although they aren't used as much but I know she would hate for the family to let them go. I love that she is still remembered and know she would to.

UTT

Stuart

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 12 Jan, 2014 9:15 am

Hi Stuart,

Yes, I knew it was getting close. August 21 for my Dad ... Also cancer.
I know I will never get used to it ..... But I am learning to live with it. I think that's the best way I can describe where I'm at ..... It's probably the same for you.

I think Kay would be upset with you if you stopped going and cheering for the Tigers ! Nothing surer than that ..... But it's easier said than done .... I'll be sure to come over and say g'day if I see you outh there.

Cheers mate
Bob

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 12 Jan, 2014 10:08 am

happy tiger wrote:Some good news from the MM day

One of the boys partners got third in the fashions of the field

Well deserved as well , she is lovely on the inside as well as the outside
Turns out she was runner up , the other girl was a promotional girl :lol:

Was a massive shock to be watching the coverage on Channel 9 and having the Mrs screaming "Look ,Look its ...... "