Molten

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast:
boonboon

Re: Molten

Post by boonboon » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:29 am

Look I abused him as much as everyone else their last night. But in the clear light of day - he messed up 2 bombs - yes he should have gone for them as he is the fullback - other then that though he played well. He is the best choice at fullback, he had a bad night under the high ball - im sure it will be practiced hard all week and he wont make the same mistakes next week when Luke Walsh peppers him with high kicks

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:32 am

Moltzen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>State Cup
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

willow

Post by willow » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:41 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Ryan is the answer at fullback atm
Agree.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:44 am

willow wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Ryan is the answer at fullback atm
Agree.
Ryan to fullback I have been on about this for ages he is the answer at 1 at the moment,

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:48 am

Gawd... Timmy 'Choo Shoes' Moltzen was back in a big way last night. I nearly smashed the plasma when he let the second on bounce.

Plenty of bombs with 2 backrowers charging down on him at training this week!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:00 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Gawd... Timmy 'Choo Shoes' Moltzen was back in a big way last night. I nearly smashed the plasma when he let the second on bounce.

Watto my 96 year old granny would have cleanly taken both those bombs ..Seriously ! No No SERIOUSLY !!!

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:02 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Gawd... Timmy 'Choo Shoes' Moltzen was back in a big way last night. I nearly smashed the plasma when he let the second on bounce.

Man I was at the game, every time the bomb went up I had my head in my hands :pray: :pray: :pray:

How funny was it when he actually caught one and got a great cheer from the crowd!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Confidence is shot at the moment, I think he is in for a year from hell.

Come on Timmy, prove me wrong

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:04 am

Moltzen does not even deserve a bench spot. Meaney a player with less natural ability came on and did more work in his time on the field than little Timmy has done all season.

But Timmy will be named yet again and continue to cost us games just like every year since he was graded

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:08 am

smeghead wrote:Moltzen does not even deserve a bench spot. Meaney a player with less natural ability came on and did more work in his time on the field than little Timmy has done all season.

But Timmy will be named yet again and continue to cost us games just like every year since he was graded
x1

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:13 am

Whatever anyone says about him - Moltzen is a classy player and as they say class is permanent and form is temporary.

I think most would agree this is true but there are problems. In my opinion, Tim is not as mentally strong as some other players. Mistakes, injuries etc all play on his mind and he cannot seem to play through it to the detriment of his performances.

When he returned from his ACL injury, he was extremely tentative - I think the thought of it happening again really worried him. This is not we as fans expect from our first grade team as some put their bodies on the line week in weekout and play through injury.

Again last night, I cannot help but think that his timidity was in part due to Crocker's hit from the previous week which left him concussed. Was he thinking to himself, if I take this bomb who is going to come and hit me?

After the Bronco's game, Tim will need to rebuid his confidence. I think the interesting part is who Sheens will handle this dilemma. Will a fortnight in state cup allow him to regain his confidence or will it further eat away at Tim as he feels he is on the outer? If Sheens picks him again and there is a repeat of this week's performance - what then?

There is an upside to this. When "confidence" players are down, they are really down but when they get their mojo they can be absolutely devastating.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:28 am

I said ad nauseum last year that he wasn't a first grade anything, and that he would cost us games if they continued to pick him.

Well the proof of the pudding is in the eating. He cost us the semi last year and a couple of other games. We would have won last night if he did not play.

I am sick of people on this forum defending him. He is a Olympic Champion incompetent. If Sheen's picks him next week then we will surely know who is running the club at the moment.

This season is gone so bringing up some young players with an eye to the future seems to me the way to go.

As for Moltzen, the less said the better.

PS. A reliable goal kicker would also have helped.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:34 am

Id support Moltzen being named at fullback again. And i believe his mistakes last night wont happen again.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:48 am

king sirro wrote:Id support Moltzen being named at fullback again. And i believe his mistakes last night wont happen again.
I would too, but it would be a last chance kind of thing.

Tiges05

Post by Tiges05 » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:55 am

magpiecol wrote:I said ad nauseum last year that he wasn't a first grade anything, and that he would cost us games if they continued to pick him.

Well the proof of the pudding is in the eating. He cost us the semi last year and a couple of other games. We would have won last night if he did not play.

I am sick of people on this forum defending him. He is a Olympic Champion incompetent. If Sheen's picks him next week then we will surely know who is running the club at the moment.

This season is gone so bringing up some young players with an eye to the future seems to me the way to go.

As for Moltzen, the less said the better.

PS. A reliable goal kicker would also have helped.
The less said the better??

You just had the longest post on this thread
Hahahahaha

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:58 am

king sirro wrote:Id support Moltzen being named at fullback again. And i believe his mistakes last night wont happen again.
Are you Tim Sheens or Tim Moltzen ??

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:00 am

Look back over the last few years. The mistakes will keep happening.

Look back to a game at Townsville where exactly the same thing happened and it cost us the game

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:03 am

They happened for 90% of last year.

Nothing has changed.

He played well in the last five or six games, that was all.

He is a liability.

oneeyedtiger

Post by oneeyedtiger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:05 am

On his day Moltzen goes good but at the moment he needs to be dropped to regain his confidence.

I would even suggest throwing Beau Ryan back there, he seems to be playing with confidence and is fearless.