Kickoff:
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast:
innsaneink

Re: Molten

Post by innsaneink » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Glennb wrote:
bbobb wrote:
The thing is, he took the first bomb fine iirc.
That shouldve boosted his confidence.
I see your point ink but in my opinion his mental fragility makes him a unpredictable. Really is a case of rocks and diamonds at the moment. The whole half back to full back thing would not do a player like Moltzen any good at all.

I am leaning to giving him another shot at fullback. Let him get some self confidence from others (coach, senior players) showing some confidence in him. If we move/drop him now, it could have the opposite of the intended outcome.

I think it is really a case in seeing how effective a man manager TIm Sheens is. If I were him, I'd probably do the exact opposite of what is generally expected. I'd look to get him more involved in the play by building some set pieces around him or encourage him to inject himself into the backline next week. Build on his strengths in the hope they have positive impact on his weaknesses.
I am over this "mental fragility", "lack of confidence", "timid after his hit from Crocker", "man management required by Sheens" fluff. You do realise that we are talking about a NRL first grade player on good coin?

The truth is he DOES look scared (not timid). He has done for a couple of years. I have given him some slack as many else have here because we keep hearing that he has something "special". Can someone fair dinkum tell me what this specialty is? He has had years now to show what he can do and he has shown nothing. Guess what, the emperor is wearing no clothes. This year was the obvious and perfect opportunity for him to stand up. After the St George drama, which lets be honest was embarrassing, more than a full year after his knee op, a crack in his supposed position and he has done what?

He is fast and can run a line that has been given to him and through a hole by Benji. Other than that? Defence? Passing game? kicking Game? Under the high ball?

I felt sorry for him at one stage last night as he just looks out of his depth and should have been put out of his misery, but then I noticed sonething I have noticed a few times this year. On more than one occassion, he is shouting at his team mates, eiterh boring it up them or trying to rev them up. When the team is constantly struggling due to his errors I think he should just shut up and roll his sleeves up but it doesnt happen. I could imagine his team mates getting sick of him to be honest as they are doing a lot of hard work due to his errors, not to mention getting behind on the score board and ultimately losing. At one stage last night I saw Beau Ryan turn to give it to him and he seemed to bite his lip and keep it in.

Hard thing to say, but he is a myth and really cant be persisted with. Possibly he does have the talent that so many espouse about him, but he lacks ticker and hard work and seems to have an inflated opinion of himself. I would rather someone else having a crack.
Yeh, Its been happening for a while.
Most players give a ''dont worry bout it '' type pat on the back or head when a team mate stuffs up.
Not Timmy, he lets them kno in no uncertain terms, and that is not a team player, nor the player you ''want to play with''...as one of my old coaches used to try & advise us to be

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 6:35 pm

Tim Sheens needs to show some authority and demote Moltzen for a couple of weeks at least, then rethink his place in the team.

That performance wasn't just a blip, he isn't a natural fullback and we have paid the penalty for this on more than one occasion.

I agree with others - Ryan at fullback next week.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 6:36 pm

Agree with everything you said Glenb

Since when and how did Moltzen suddenly start becoming our fullback?

He is terrible, and copped it last year for the same rookie mistakes. He is a nervous player and too fragile after his injury. I don't know why we persist with him.

Benji has too much say at this club, I believe this has come back to bite both of them, no wonder our team gets labelled the sooks, his roommate is being offered a deal and Benji can't handle it :? I was a big fan of Moltzen at 7 pre-injury but obviously he has been affected far too much by it.
In saying all this, I hope he can turn it around and prove every fan and fagon fan wrong and absolutely tear it up, though its a long road from here

hellman

Post by hellman » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:23 pm

ragedmachine wrote:Benji has too much say at this club
I keep reading this and I think it has as much to do with reality as pigs flying. Folkes loss is the reason the club has lost games. Benji runs the club. Santa Claus really flies reindeer's and the boogie man is real.

I remember hearing that Blair would never sign with the Tigers because he and Benji hated each other.

I know this is a forum but I mean come on some of us aren't complete dolts.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 11:49 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm very interested in watching Tedesco's progress next yr. If he comes back strong then its not going to look very good for Timid

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 12:20 am

Again the game has changed a lot since I gave it away , but as a fullback if you were the closest to the bomb it was yours and you let every bugger in the stadium know this .The same as a wicketkeeper in cricket

I can't believe Moltzen has gone back to his old ways Is he carrying an injury and didn't Sheens give him a blast last season telling him to improve or else

Probably besides Hybrid and Willow I was one of his biggest "haters " last season and I actually fessed up and said that I would swallow my words as he was looking like a real good prospect in the No 1 jersey

Could the Tim Moltzen from Round 18 onwards return please if not see you later Tim

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 12:29 am

Professional sports clubs are enclosed ecosystems.

It baffles me that things like "Natural Selection" don't seem to occur at the Tigers.

For anyone here whose ever managed/led a team in a company will know what I'm talking about.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 12:35 am

Glennb wrote:
bbobb wrote:
The thing is, he took the first bomb fine iirc.
That shouldve boosted his confidence.
I see your point ink but in my opinion his mental fragility makes him a unpredictable. Really is a case of rocks and diamonds at the moment. The whole half back to full back thing would not do a player like Moltzen any good at all.

I am leaning to giving him another shot at fullback. Let him get some self confidence from others (coach, senior players) showing some confidence in him. If we move/drop him now, it could have the opposite of the intended outcome.

I think it is really a case in seeing how effective a man manager TIm Sheens is. If I were him, I'd probably do the exact opposite of what is generally expected. I'd look to get him more involved in the play by building some set pieces around him or encourage him to inject himself into the backline next week. Build on his strengths in the hope they have positive impact on his weaknesses.
I am over this "mental fragility", "lack of confidence", "timid after his hit from Crocker", "man management required by Sheens" fluff. You do realise that we are talking about a NRL first grade player on good coin?

The truth is he DOES look scared (not timid). He has done for a couple of years. I have given him some slack as many else have here because we keep hearing that he has something "special". Can someone fair dinkum tell me what this specialty is? He has had years now to show what he can do and he has shown nothing. Guess what, the emperor is wearing no clothes. This year was the obvious and perfect opportunity for him to stand up. After the St George drama, which lets be honest was embarrassing, more than a full year after his knee op, a crack in his supposed position and he has done what?

He is fast and can run a line that has been given to him and through a hole by Benji. Other than that? Defence? Passing game? kicking Game? Under the high ball?

I felt sorry for him at one stage last night as he just looks out of his depth and should have been put out of his misery, but then I noticed sonething I have noticed a few times this year. On more than one occassion, he is shouting at his team mates, eiterh boring it up them or trying to rev them up. When the team is constantly struggling due to his errors I think he should just shut up and roll his sleeves up but it doesnt happen. I could imagine his team mates getting sick of him to be honest as they are doing a lot of hard work due to his errors, not to mention getting behind on the score board and ultimately losing. At one stage last night I saw Beau Ryan turn to give it to him and he seemed to bite his lip and keep it in.

Hard thing to say, but he is a myth and really cant be persisted with. Possibly he does have the talent that so many espouse about him, but he lacks ticker and hard work and seems to have an inflated opinion of himself. I would rather someone else having a crack.
BRAVO.

Could not agree more.

The next time someone dares to mention the word "talent" when talking about Moltzen, they should be handed a copy of this post.

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 8:21 am

Waiting for next week when Penrith put up bombs every kick and Moltzen nails them.
Look at something here - both bombs that were left to bounce were both at communications fault. Not as a lack of communcation, just decision making. Moltzen happened to be involved with both so you wonder who they'll pin it on. Truth is we have no problem catching bombs. Tuquri nailed one, Beau has a reputation for nailing catches and I'm pretty sure the ones Moltzen attempted he got 100%. Pretty easy to point at Moltzen and say its his fault but in all honesty it's a problem easily fixed regardless of whose fault it is.
Moltzen is fine stop giving him a bad wrap. He has potential to kick well and has a good line break. People saying you have never rated him look at this - this is his 4th year of FG, he pretty much always has some part in a break with Marshall in support play or assist. He is young and like any other player has room for improvement. Give the kid some confidence. I mean he was picked as a "Blues in waiting" and people at The dragons saw him as a replacement for Boyd.... An international. Its unfair to call him bad based on a few bad patches here and there this season. He really isn't as bad as people on this forum suggest. Look at what he brings and how easy it is to fix what you're all calling catastrophic. He was firing really well against Souths before the incident.
Stop blowing things out of proportion and have a think before you jump to conclusions

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 8:51 am

Anthism wrote:He really isn't as bad as people on this forum suggest. Look at what he brings and how easy it is to fix what you're all calling catastrophic. He was firing really well against Souths before the incident.
Stop blowing things out of proportion and have a think before you jump to conclusions
This is the truth but this forum seems to prefer over the top dramatics.

I think Moltzen is probably our best option with regards to line breaks. He runs a great line and has the pace to make a bust. He has to be in the team somewhere - I get why Sheens is putting him a fullback. The idea is you put your best runner of the footy there and he gets the most opportunities.

Personally I don't think he is a great fullback and he should have been left in the halves but he will come good.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 8:54 am

Really mate, catching a footy or cricket ball is one of THE BASICS...kids are taught from 10 years of age to call for the ball
"Mine!!!"
The fact it occured twice after the first led directly to a try....shouldnt a pro learn from their first mistake?
Why didnt the fullback and his wingers talk about it ingoal after the first one?
They couldnt have if the same error occured again.....and again.
Are they talking?
Moltzen is often seen screaming at other players when they err.
And people wonder if & why there may be personality clashes in camp.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 9:05 am

I am not confident, for the team, with him at fullback, move him back to half or the bench. Sheens likes to play a back on the bench.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 9:12 am

Anthism wrote:Waiting for next week when Penrith put up bombs every kick and Moltzen nails them.
Look at something here - both bombs that were left to bounce were both at communications fault. Not as a lack of communcation, just decision making. Moltzen happened to be involved with both so you wonder who they'll pin it on.
Ummm...the fullback! Thats his job.
Anthism wrote:Truth is we have no problem catching bombs. Tuquri nailed one, Beau has a reputation for nailing catches and I'm pretty sure the ones Moltzen attempted he got 100%. Pretty easy to point at Moltzen and say its his fault but in all honesty it's a problem easily fixed regardless of whose fault it is.
Moltzen had two cracks at bombs after leaving two (one resulted in a try in a game we lost by 4), the first he caught, then dropped it when the bad guys got him, the second HE DROPPED but we were lucky in that the ref said it came of the Broncos. It is easy to point at Moltzen because HE WAS THE FULL BACK. Thats his job.
Anthism wrote:Moltzen is fine stop giving him a bad wrap. He has potential to kick well and has a good line break. People saying you have never rated him look at this - this is his 4th year of FG,]
Ok, so what you are saying is that after 4 YEARS in first grade, we are talking about the potential of a good kicking game? He has been in first grade for 4 years, if he had it, we would have seen it. its not there.
Anthism wrote: Its unfair to call him bad based on a few bad patches here and there this season.
This is the point. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you dont have many posts here and maybe you werent here the last few years, but this forum has been ful of these exact same discussions about Moltzen for a couple of years and there has always been an excuse or a reason and the rider to just wait for this potential to blossom. Guess what? Its not going to. This year was his perfect opportunity and it hasnt happened and wont.
Anthism wrote: He really isn't as bad as people on this forum suggest. Look at what he brings and how easy it is to fix what you're all calling catastrophic.
Ok....I'll bite.....what does he bring? (I'm deadly serious, I'd like an answer)

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 9:28 am

Why does Sheens keep selecting him ? Why ? Sheens is the Australian coach What does he see in Moltzen that we don;t.......????
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 9:35 am

Anthism wrote:Waiting for next week when Penrith put up bombs every kick and Moltzen nails them.
Look at something here - both bombs that were left to bounce were both at communications fault. Not as a lack of communcation, just decision making. Moltzen happened to be involved with both so you wonder who they'll pin it on. Truth is we have no problem catching bombs. Tuquri nailed one, Beau has a reputation for nailing catches and I'm pretty sure the ones Moltzen attempted he got 100%. Pretty easy to point at Moltzen and say its his fault but in all honesty it's a problem easily fixed regardless of whose fault it is.
Moltzen is fine stop giving him a bad wrap. He has potential to kick well and has a good line break. People saying you have never rated him look at this - this is his 4th year of FG, he pretty much always has some part in a break with Marshall in support play or assist. He is young and like any other player has room for improvement. Give the kid some confidence. I mean he was picked as a "Blues in waiting" and people at The dragons saw him as a replacement for Boyd.... An international. Its unfair to call him bad based on a few bad patches here and there this season. He really isn't as bad as people on this forum suggest. Look at what he brings and how easy it is to fix what you're all calling catastrophic. He was firing really well against Souths before the incident.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Blues in waiting ,omg i just choke on my crunchy nut flakes.You couls only be related in some way to back him like you have .The balls in Sheens court if he continues to select him in firstgrade .

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 9:43 am

Who knows, what did Sheens see in John Morris that we didn't (for three years).

Sheens knows more than all of us put together but it does not mean every decision he makes is right, does it?

Not contesting bombs is nothing new with Moltzen. How many times did we see it last year? Or do people only remember his five or six good games at the end of the year?

I'm sick of people saying Moltzen has "talent. What talent does he have have?

He runs off Benji Marshall, what else does he bring to the team?

He rarely supports any other players. He hardly ever kicks in general play. He is terrible under the high ball. He only ever passes before the line in attack. He won't contest bombs.

Where is the talent that everybody else is seeing? Explain it to me.

1974semifinal

Post by 1974semifinal » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 10:04 am

innsaneink wrote:Really mate, catching a footy or cricket ball is one of THE BASICS...kids are taught from 10 years of age to call for the ball
"Mine!!!"
The fact it occured twice after the first led directly to a try....shouldnt a pro learn from their first mistake?
Why didnt the fullback and his wingers talk about it ingoal after the first one?
They couldnt have if the same error occured again.....and again.
Are they talking?
Moltzen is often seen screaming at other players when they err.
And people wonder if & why there may be personality clashes in camp.
Last week Isaac Luke scored a try from dummy half...did anyone learn from that ..no .2 tries from dummy half..This man is well known for doing this .Who is in charge on the field ?

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 10:11 am

Moltzen should be banished to NSW Cup build his confidence and fight his way back or perish..... It is time Sheens holds players accountable........and if he cant do that then its time for the board to hold him accountable......You cannot have performances accepted and tolerated....in Moltzens case deliver the goods or be dropped its simple to most but......he will be there next week.......

ITS TIME TO DELIVER!!!