Lawrence

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast:
tiger pom

Re: Lawrence

Post by tiger pom » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 4:04 am

didnt make him having a great game ,but certainly didnt have him playing badly either.we havent won but the team has put in the best performance so far.i dont think we had a bad game from any player.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:17 am

On his displays this year I don't think he will even make the City Team.
Bull

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:24 am

Lisa wrote:On his displays this year I don't think he will even make the City Team.
good.
this will probably come across as being selfish/greedy
don't want him playing rep games.
need him playing for wests-tigers
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:26 am

Don't know what happened to both our centres in the off season but they aren't a patch on last year. Lawrence looked to be trying to get more involved by taking the ball up like a forward either he is trying to improve his form by getting more involved or he has been told to do so.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:41 am

I thought Lawrence was great last night. His defence was hard and so were his runs. Yes he now has a mistake in him every game but with the amount of hit-ups he is doing it isn't surprising.

Give him some space out wide and he is going to explode.

I would love to see him at fullback or lock because we need him more involved. Still I think he is one of the top centres in the game. He was pretty close to Hodges in my opinion last night and I think he is a better defender than Hodges.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:38 am

He looked better last night. His hit ups as a foward were very effective. Too effective as im now concerned Sheens will move him in to replace Ellis
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:48 am

king sirro wrote:He looked better last night. His hit ups as a foward were very effective. Too effective as im now concerned Sheens will move him in to replace Ellis
I made the same joke last night. Than I realised it may happen and it was less funny

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:56 am

hellman wrote:
I would love to see him at fullback or lock because we need him more involved. Still I think he is one of the top centres in the game. He was pretty close to Hodges in my opinion last night and I think he is a better defender than Hodges.
I agree. Look at what Souths did with Inglis. They put there best attacking player back there and there a changed side.
Our problem is we are struggling to find 1 centre at the moment , and I have no idea how we would find 2. But in the future id definetly explore it. Dont forget it was Lawrences kick returns that made a name for himself in 07.

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:00 am

smeghead wrote:
king sirro wrote:He looked better last night. His hit ups as a foward were very effective. Too effective as im now concerned Sheens will move him in to replace Ellis
I made the same joke last night. Than I realised it may happen and it was less funny

Noooooooooooooo, please not!!

Every game I am just waiting for him to explode !!! Its gonna happen....................one day

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:01 am

izotope wrote:Gonna have to watch the game. I thought his D was atrocious. Don't have a prob on attack cos were not going to well obviously

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Maybe you should watch the game.
I didnt read this last night before seeing the replay this morning, I hoped it would be a positive thread....
He was all over Hodges....he went well, his best game so far, as someone else mentioned which other of our outside backs have been shining???

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:03 am

innsaneink wrote:
izotope wrote:Gonna have to watch the game. I thought his D was atrocious. Don't have a prob on attack cos were not going to well obviously

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Maybe you should watch the game.
I didnt read this last night before seeing the replay this morning, I hoped it would be a positive thread....
He was all over Hodges....he went well, his best game so far, as someone else mentioned which other of our outside backs have been shining???
I thought he was outstanding last night, I too thought it would be a positive thread

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:16 am

Move Lawerence to five/eigth --- marshall to centre..Marshall is suffocating lawerence with his crabby loopy runs and cut out passes to wingers poor lawerence doesn't know if he's coming or going. Might be worth a shot ??
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:28 am

Anyone who thought his defence was poor must have missed the game. Did little in attack, but he was coming in field to look for the ball. How did one of the most lethal wing-centre combinations in the game become so inept?
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:32 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:Anyone who thought his defence was poor must have missed the game. Did little in attack, but he was coming in field to look for the ball. How did one of the most lethal wing-centre combinations in the game become so inept?
I think people should remember with his attack he was marking the daylight best centre in the NRL, Justin Hodges. Not many people make in roads past him.

As you said, he came in field and took a lot of strong hitups and all in all it was a solid game.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:56 am

nothing more than a battering ram.

i've never been one for calling him to play fullback,but at least he could be used in some space.
he is smart enough to inject himself in attack.

would be better than watching him simply cover the hard yards the guy inside him refuses to do.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 11:18 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:Anyone who thought his defence was poor must have missed the game. Did little in attack, but he was coming in field to look for the ball. How did one of the most lethal wing-centre combinations in the game become so inept?
I noted in two seperate sets of six he misses two tackles in each The tackles he made were strong no doubt

hellman

Post by hellman » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 1:50 pm

milford_magic wrote:
hellman wrote:
I agree. Look at what Souths did with Inglis. They put there best attacking player back there and there a changed side.
Our problem is we are struggling to find 1 centre at the moment , and I have no idea how we would find 2. But in the future id definetly explore it. Dont forget it was Lawrences kick returns that made a name for himself in 07.
I think Lawrence has to be at 1 or 6 or 13. I'd prefer him at 1. The problem is like you are stating that we have no centres at this point. Lawrence at centre to me is sensational but he has been off the pace a little this year. Ayshford apart from last night has been terrible in the centres.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 1:58 pm

I'm starting to think that major injury last year might have taken the edge off..unfortunatly when elite athletes have a injury like this there good but just don't get back to where they were .I really hope that we have not already seen the best of Chris after 6 rounds it is not looking good, I'm hoping it's more a mental thing and he will come good.