Benji

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast:
TIGER

Benji

Post by TIGER » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 9:59 pm

I've been a massive long time critique of him but thought last year he really showed how good he can be but!
Great players have the ability to steer and carry their team over the line even when the chips are down but Benji disappears into the background. This side is crying out for someone to grab it and guide it in the right direction on field and Benji needs to be the one to do it but i think he just doesn't know how or have the ability to.

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:25 pm

We had 40% of the ball to their 60%. Now keep that in mind whilst we remember how long we were defending on our own goal line for during the second half.

Then we get the ball in hand and the only thing he would be thinking is "How can I get us out of our half?", assesing the situation and that would be all he thought for much of the time late in the second half. Once he and our fowards worked us into half decent field position, he showed us what he can do.

He was one of our better performers tonight and alot of the work he does is off the ball.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:30 pm

Not just talking about tonight but most games when we get dominated. The great players lift and carry their teams to victory Benji doesn't

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:32 pm

Benji disappears into the background??????
Are you kidding?!
He gets to the ball and tries something in those situations more than any other player in the game.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:33 pm

As I have said in other threads, Benji is NOT and NEVER will be a good captain. Benji's secret to success is his ability to read what is happening and to try to do something special based on his view, instantaneously.
A good captain senses where the game is going and LEADS the team in the required direction to have the best chance of winning.
Scot Prince was a good captain, because he could sense what the team needed to do to win a game. This left Benji to weave his magic.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:33 pm

TIGER wrote:Not just talking about tonight but most games when we get dominated. The great players lift and carry their teams to victory Benji doesn't
Tiger, I would say Benji wins us 70% of our games. He does carry us.

izotope

Post by izotope » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:35 pm

Hmm I thought he was disinterested tonight.

tigers!

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:37 pm

What game do some people watch . Dont blame Benji tonight he gave his all.
But maybe its Benjis fault because he is Moltzens mate and he tells Sheens he has to be picked or he will take his bat and ball home .
Golly Gosh! we lost tonight because of a poor effort by our number 1 , no other reason .

shano

Post by shano » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:51 pm

My take is that Benji just needs a quality half back to take some pressure off him. Every team currently knows Benji is all we have so he is marked every time he gets the ball which makes his job twice as hard. We won the comp with Prince, not because he was the Captain but because he was a quality half back who ran to the line, took control of the kicking game and gave us options in attack. Benji could chime in and create havoc when the opportunities arose.

WE NEED A QUALITY HALF BACK! Broncos killed us with repeat sets becuase they had a fantastic kicking game. Back to back sets were created by deft kicks in to the in goal with perfect accuracy. How many did we do? None! How good was our bombs? useless!

Benji is a dead set super star with the ball in his hands, but not on his feet. His touch football background honed hand eye skills but no kicking, so it doesn't come naturally to him.

We desperately need a General to steer the boys around the paddock and know when to kick short or long. This is not Benji's expertise.

Batman needs a Robin. Benji needs a decent half back!

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:59 pm

Benji looked disinterested tonight... Almost couldn't care attitude.. Has he given up on 2012 already????

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:03 am

I have always believed Benji is very overrated but I think he was the only player tonight that could have pulled something out of the bag against the run of play but alas... he didn't.

He did try though. I will give him that. His tackling is shocking. He is the best jersey grabber in the NRL.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:04 am

alexaki wrote:Benji looked disinterested tonight... Almost couldn't care attitude.. Has he given up on 2012 already????

Silly thing to say mate...They tried hard tonight but things just didn't go their way.

Tiger99

Post by Tiger99 » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:12 am

shane2801 wrote:I have always believed Benji is very overrated but I think he was the only player tonight that could have pulled something out of the bag against the run of play but alas... he didn't.

He did try though. I will give him that. His tackling is shocking. He is the best jersey grabber in the NRL.
I'm sure your defence is good.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:15 am

shano wrote: Batman needs a Robin. Benji needs a decent half back!
Haha well put Shano. 100% right.

Benji is our attacking weapon. I have also been saying this for years...he needs someone to do the dirty, boring stuff like organise runners and attain field position. Once in the opposition scoring zone, Benji does some remarkable things. He gets us across the stripe every single game. However when we are not making ground due to poor organisation and/or field position he tries the trick shots in our own half. This puts or young forwards under immence pressure.

Once again taking a short drop out when the side was under the pump and using up a lot of juice smacked of a guy who was at a loss as to what he had to do to get us up field. I love Benji, as we all do but he needs an organising half to be fully effective. Lui's ridiculous off field crap and subsequent dismissal is the main reason we are struggling this year for mine. Not Gibbs or Fifita... It is the loss of Lui that has really set us back.

tiger pom

Post by tiger pom » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 4:38 am

cant believe the stick that benji is getting,he makes mistakes but he can do things that very few others even dream about.how many tigers fans would want him to play for another club?

willow

Post by willow » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:23 am

Tiger99 wrote:
shane2801 wrote:I have always believed Benji is very overrated but I think he was the only player tonight that could have pulled something out of the bag against the run of play but alas... he didn't.

I'm sure your defence is good.

Please bear in mind the opinion of one person on here does not necessarily echo the opinion of many, thankfully as there are some ridiculous claims being thrown around here at the moment.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:30 am

Benji is our attack GURU

What he lacks in D he makes up for 10 fold in Attack

Look at Liam almost 60 tackles but not much left to attack, that's why it's a team.
Bull

TigerMoz

Post by TigerMoz » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:39 am

If you want to see a great player watch BillySlater. 80 minutes of football trying everything to get his team over the line, Benji mixes 3 minutes of brilliance with 77minutes of useless kicks, ridiculous passing and hopeless organization of the back line.
He wouldn't tie the shoelaces of Slater, Lockyer, Wallace and co.
Id rather have an 80 minute footballer than a 3 minute wonder.
Benji an attacking guru, rubbish, ever see stats on what he personally achieves in a game, strangely no he seems to be a protected species.