Leave Blair alone.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast:
hybrid_tiger

Re: Leave Blair alone.

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 11:00 am

I didn't notice it as much in games on TV. I was there last night and made an effort to watch him closely and he spent a lot of time budging behind the play, especially in the second half.

He has been better in the last two weeks but he is struggling and it isn't good enough. In two of his hit ups last night he ran it hard and straight with a good run up (not standing flat). I wonder why he can't do this every time he takes up the ball instead of slowing down before the line then spinning back first into the defense.

Tiges05

Post by Tiges05 » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 11:12 am

This is going to be the longest 4 years of my life if we have to put up with this for 4 years.. The bagging Blair I mean, not his slow transition to us.

Thing is if we were winning we wouldn't be taking about him winning the game for us. We are losing and he's an easy target, admittedly getting paid a lot but he will come good.

Is people's frustration that because he is highly paid its his fault we are losing?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 11:23 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:I didn't notice it as much in games on TV. I was there last night and made an effort to watch him closely and he spent a lot of time budging behind the play, especially in the second half.

He has been better in the last two weeks but he is struggling and it isn't good enough. In two of his hit ups last night he ran it hard and straight with a good run up (not standing flat). I wonder why he can't do this every time he takes up the ball instead of slowing down before the line then spinning back first into the defense.
They say the training in Melbourne is the hardest & most intense of all NRL clubs, maybe a drop in intensity during the week here hasnt done him any favours....he can only go at the same pace as everyone else at training

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 11:26 am

I can see them lining up to come to the WT the way we carry on.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 8:10 pm

Blair is one of the most over rated players in the comp imo and i'm not only saying that because he is now a Tiger i thought the same when he was at the Storm.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 9:52 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:I didn't notice it as much in games on TV. I was there last night and made an effort to watch him closely and he spent a lot of time budging behind the play, especially in the second half.

blair is sort of like mateo with his hands...none of our players are ever supporting him.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 10:45 pm

The reason people are so into Blair is the reported price tag (has anyone actually go any solid info to confirm this, i certainly haven't, in fact everyone I know, admitedly outside the club, who have an idea assume/believe it to be no where near the $500k that has been suggested)
If there was no reports of his salary we would have less expectations and not be so hard on him. He made near enough to 40 tackles on friday night.
He has not been dominating by any means, but he has been no where near as bad as some on here indicate.

It annoys the hell out of me when "fans" bag there own players and abuse them.

I even hate it when fans abuse opposition players and fans, especially when they get stuck into them personally and below the belt.

Paying you hard earned gives you the right to be entertained by watching the game, it does not give you the right to hurl abuse at players IMO.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 11:01 pm

seriously people have to get over this Blair topic , just because we have lost so many games in a row his getting hammered for it . What about if we won 5 games in a row we wouldn't even be talking about him , if anything we would be saying what a great signing he is. he will be a valuable player give him to settle to our play. I would have never got rid of Gibbs though , still can't believe it.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 1:16 am

I don't like the role we expect him to play. if my memory serves me correctly (I don't/didn't follow Melbourne) he was a Glenn Stewart type of player. We expect him to get heaps of meters but he was great at running decoys and drawing players.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 7:29 am

Haha we think blair can defend the whole field. His getting better and why do we always blame him for every loss lol he will come gud during the year like he is doing in the last 2 games.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 8:11 am

Happy to leave Blair alone... When he starts pulling his weight!

Mighty Tigers

Post by Mighty Tigers » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 8:35 am

Goose wrote:The reason people are so into Blair is the reported price tag (has anyone actually go any solid info to confirm this, i certainly haven't, in fact everyone I know, admitedly outside the club, who have an idea assume/believe it to be no where near the $500k that has been suggested)
If there was no reports of his salary we would have less expectations and not be so hard on him. He made near enough to 40 tackles on friday night.
He has not been dominating by any means, but he has been no where near as bad as some on here indicate.

I even hate it when fans abuse opposition players and fans, especially when they get stuck into them personally and below the belt.

Paying you hard earned gives you the right to be entertained by watching the game, it does not give you the right to hurl abuse at players IMO.

I hate when fans swear around kids but it's a calculated risk that they are going to and parents have to expect it and make a choice. Some times there are some real characters that make it even more entertaining. Mate the game you will not hear the abuse is called Union( shortt for boring) .League fans are bogans and you gotta love them

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 9:04 am

Goose wrote:The reason people are so into Blair is the reported price tag (has anyone actually go any solid info to confirm this, i certainly haven't, in fact everyone I know, admitedly outside the club, who have an idea assume/believe it to be no where near the $500k that has been suggested)

My guess is the SMOKER should be able to tell what he is on , but in all honesty does it really matter what coin any of them are on ?
When we start winning the spotlight will come off Blair.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 9:20 am

4 or 5 people would know
Blair, his agent, Scubert, Humphreys and maybe sheens

When he decides to have a go - people may then get off his back

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 10:05 am

innsaneink wrote:4 or 5 people would know
Blair, his agent, Scubert, Humphreys and maybe sheens

When he decides to have a go - people may then get off his back
That's about the crux of it Ink.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.