10 Minutes That Changed The Game

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast:
diedpretty

10 Minutes That Changed The Game

Post by diedpretty » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:42 pm

The 10 minutes from us not scoring and Brisbane racing away to score until their second try changed the game. Up until this point we were the better team and looked more likely to score - handling errors costing us 2 tries in my opinion. The dropped ball that led to Brisbanes first try should have been called back as the ball came off Hodges and went forward to be picked up by their FB who was 2 mtrs offside - they score. Immediately afterwards Heighno goes off and abench player is on early disrupting our game plan. Then the inept non attempt to catch a high ball and Brisbane are in again - in that 10 minute period we went from a very confident outfit to one that was lucky not to have been blown off the park by half time - its a cruel game.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:44 pm

God I hate these posts

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:46 pm

innsaneink wrote:God I hate these posts
I'm not whingeing - i'm just saying it had a major influence on the way the game panned out.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:49 pm

Yeah you could see the confidence drop when those things went against us. It's not taking much to rattle this team at the moment, because these things are happening to them every week. They did really well to hang in there tonight. Brisbane are a great team, they could've easily put 50 on us if they got a roll on, but we never let them. Hopefully, this will be a turning point for WT.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:50 pm

Yeh my apologies...Im cranky

We were lucky not to be down 18 or 20 to 4 or 0......when youre hot youre hot as they say, and the luck goes with you

18thman

Post by 18thman » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:55 pm

We never looked like winning tonight...same old same old....dropped balls by experienced players were costly.
Broncos were always in control and should have blitzed us but for a couple of bombed tries.
Oh for a halfback like Peter Wallace....good hands, good kicking game, good organisational skills....Darren Who?