ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast:
18thman

Sheens....a man of vision

Post by 18thman » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:50 pm

Tunnell vision that is!

One of the problems I believe, is none of the players are held accountable! You can forgive one poor game from a regular player but 2 or 3? No-one gets dropped! They know they can put in a sub-par performance and still be selected next week no matter what. Some of the games top former players became better players because they had a stint in reserve grade. Maybe it's a money thing - the Club mightn't like bigmoney players being wasted- but surely there are 3 or 4 players in the lower grades worthy of a crack in the big-time ...even if it is only for 1 or 2 games.

I

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:11 am

I totally agree , when politicians have reached there use- by date they are gone , sheens has to go !

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:13 am

18thman wrote:Tunnell vision that is!

One of the problems I believe, is none of the players are held accountable! You can forgive one poor game from a regular player but 2 or 3? No-one gets dropped! They know they can put in a sub-par performance and still be selected next week no matter what. Some of the games top former players became better players because they had a stint in reserve grade. Maybe it's a money thing - the Club mightn't like bigmoney players being wasted- but surely there are 3 or 4 players in the lower grades worthy of a crack in the big-time ...even if it is only for 1 or 2 games.

I
Have you been taking notes from other threads?

18thman

Post by 18thman » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:16 am

Unfortunately I don't have time to read EVERY thread...I have a life.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:21 am

18thman wrote:Unfortunately I don't have time to read EVERY thread...I have a life.
I agree he should not be unaccountable, but im also a realist. So in my restricted mind, could you inform us all of your game winning 1st grade line p for next week?

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:25 am

Furious1 wrote:
18thman wrote:Unfortunately I don't have time to read EVERY thread...I have a life.
I agree he should not be unaccountable, but im also a realist. So in my restricted mind, could you inform us all of your game winning 1st grade line p for next week?
He has a life, he's put yours on hold. Is this guy Tim Sheens.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:30 am

Furious1 wrote:
It might not be a case of him thinking he can pick a better side that would stand a chance of winning, but sacraficing a week or 2 by punting 3 or 4 players just to show them and the rest of the squad that no one irreplaceable. Maybe it might provide them with a bit more hunger

18thman

Post by 18thman » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:31 am

Point taken guys.

I was just trying to open a discussion on some possible replacements to put a bit of pressure on the likes of Moltzen, Ayshford and Tuquiri....any suggestions?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 1:51 am

Meaney played well when he came on and deserves a go at fullback, his natural position.

Reddy should be fit to take Ayshford's place.

I wouldn't drop Lote. Has not been bad at all and needs as much match fitness as possible.

oneeyedtiger

Post by oneeyedtiger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:28 am

Sheens must stay.

Some of the set plays the Tiges carry out makes you swell with pride and is obviously down to Sheens coaching this. We are the best team to watch in full flight.

As I see it there are a few simple things that need to be sorted out.

1. hold the ball (biggest problem the Tiges have)
We've been coughing up too much ball in front of our sticks all season. Remember Manly, Dragons & the latest game against the Broncs.
2. kick the ball dead every now and again rather than run on the last from 50m out

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:30 am

Maybe hes just a gambling man and wanted to get better odds for Tigers to win the comp

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:08 pm

Sabre wrote:Maybe hes just a gambling man and wanted to get better odds for Tigers to win the comp
lol

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:44 pm

Sheens isn't the problem here - you can see the structures and plays in motion, and you can see the boys muscled up in defense..

Call me crazy but Meaney played Lock for most of the game as well - and probably had his best ever game ive ever seen him play in First Grade.

as Chris Lawrence alluded to in a recent interview. - individual performances are letting us down.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 1:13 pm

underdog wrote:Sheens isn't the problem here - you can see the structures and plays in motion, and you can see the boys muscled up in defense..

Call me crazy but Meaney played Lock for most of the game as well - and probably had his best ever game ive ever seen him play in First Grade.

as Chris Lawrence alluded to in a recent interview. - individual performances are letting us down.

Meaney is a good player. He will work his backside off to get the job done.

The other times he has been called up to NRL he has had less than a week to train with the team.

He gets better with every performance and that is the kind of guy you want to play with, someone who gives their all, learns from mistakes and grows wirthevery passing week.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 1:35 pm

smeghead wrote:
underdog wrote:Sheens isn't the problem here - you can see the structures and plays in motion, and you can see the boys muscled up in defense..

Meaney is a good player. He will work his backside off to get the job done.

The other times he has been called up to NRL he has had less than a week to train with the team.

He gets better with every performance and that is the kind of guy you want to play with, someone who gives their all, learns from mistakes and grows wirthevery passing week.
i wouldn't get too carried away with Meaney he is only a very ordinary footballer. ;)
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 1:38 pm

If he was ordinary he would be in Bundy Red Cup ;)

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 1:46 pm

pistol pete please tell me what brain dead tactics and signings...yeah some selections are a bit odd but im sure there's a reason the nuffies like us don't get to find out about...you know behind the scenes

Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 1:55 pm

Brain dead tactics:
- running into the markers with that cross play
- having fulton hit it up off our own line
- the blind side scrum plays
- running soft
- the worse than u6s kicking game
-inability to wrap the ball up
shall i continue ??

These aren't new issues they have been around for years and years