Faith in Sheens and the boys

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast:
Anthism

Faith in Sheens and the boys

Post by Anthism » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 6:58 am

Flame me for being positive, idc I think it's more realistic than some people would think.
I'm not going to go into detail and say "here are the positives.." but in all honesty I believe if any other team in the competition had this win/loss record in the season they would be and instant write off. It is the inconsistent nature of the Tigers that still gives them a better chance to recover than ANY other team. Look at it this way:

The quality of our attacking play in the Broncos half was of a way higher calibre than theirs. Possession to points wise we smashed them. Our goal line defense would have ranked very high amongst the league and let's face it, there's nothing you can do about a team holding possession and forcing line drop outs and not coughing up the ball.
Soft in the middle? I think we firmly put those weeks behind us when their only trys were from the backs. Amazing what happens when the commitment comes back.

Last week - dominant side for sure against a rabbitohs team that beat a top 4 team (mind you they probably won't be there for long).

Let's give the boys some faith as if we can fix a few elements to our game I think you'll find we'll be looking at some amazing wins. There were 2 silly mistakes for our loss tonight and they could be avoided easily with better decision making:
- the kick off the second try - failure to communicate - I think people are happy to blame Moltzen but when it comes to things like that happening both players are at fault to a degree. Neither player made an effort to catch the ball in the end (I.e poor communication and decision making).
- Blair's double possession loss - I think he had a solid game but when he pretty much let the ball go and a poor decision not to pull out of the charge = momentum lost not to mention game being minimum 2 trys away from victory at that point.

I can see us stringing together a few in a row at least in the immediate future. Starting as the "team to beat" at the start of the season at least on paper (no pun intended on Blair )but seriously I can see us taking Melbourne off their throne if anyone. Confidence will help that and once we start playing committed football with a few wins behind us we'll look back on this and laugh so smile tigers fans. Support your team and watch what happens when the scale finally tips.
Flame if you want but you better have some damn good evidence

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 7:59 am

Thats the problem.
The board and our CEO have too much faith in Sheens .
Scott Longmuir wanted answers from Sheens and got the bullet immediately

Bombs Away

Post by Bombs Away » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:04 am

1/4 Chicken,,,to many Happy Clappers in the joint!!! Get Des Hassler yesterday!!!

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:08 am

wests-tigers will finish in top 6 or better.
in this game, I do believe they have turned the corner in relation to defence. :D
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:11 am

I think the Tigers will win the next 7 (includin g the bye) in a row
Parra , Penrith, Titans, Bye, Warriors, Cowboys, Raiders

We have been unlucky in the last couple of weeks and would have beaten those teams the way we played last couple of weeks

My only concern is we need some luck as injuries mean no Hieghno and No Ellis for quiet a while I would think

But once we start winning and get some confidence back I think the wins will start to flow - but like every team every year injuries mean the difference between winning the comp and not although hopefully ours are all getting out of the way early

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:55 am

We should be 0 and 6 and you think we are going to win 7 in a row? I can't understand how you can be so optimistic.

We have gone on winning streaks in the past but that has absolutely nothing to do with this year. We have:

- The worst kicking game in the comp.
- No halfback
- No fullback
- Close to the worst back three in the comp on current form (Ryan an exception)
- A complete inability to stop opposition offloads
- Zero organistion in attack

Now you can call me negative and a death rider if you like, but tell me where I am wrong?

As for injuries, we don't have it worse than many other teams. We currently only have Ellis, Utai and Tedesco unavailable. Heighington got injured but he is no loss on current form and Groat may miss a week.

Sheens will blame injuries but had he not gone into the season knowingly two props short we could have handled it better. But that's always the issue. Other teams handle it better. Last year we handled out injuries well, but we lost a lot of depth this year and won't be able to cover it as effectively.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 11:06 am

We might win 3 in a row and then the bye

I said earlier in the season if we could be 4-5 I could live with that We could still mount a charge for the Top 4 from that position

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 11:16 am

Anthism wrote:Flame me for being positive, idc I think it's more realistic than some people would think.
I'm not going to go into detail and say "here are the positives.." but in all honesty I believe if any other team in the competition had this win/loss record in the season they would be and instant write off. It is the inconsistent nature of the Tigers that still gives them a better chance to recover than ANY other team. Look at it this way:

The quality of our attacking play in the Broncos half was of a way higher calibre than theirs. Possession to points wise we smashed them. Our goal line defense would have ranked very high amongst the league and let's face it, there's nothing you can do about a team holding possession and forcing line drop outs and not coughing up the ball.
Soft in the middle? I think we firmly put those weeks behind us when their only trys were from the backs. Amazing what happens when the commitment comes back.

Last week - dominant side for sure against a rabbitohs team that beat a top 4 team (mind you they probably won't be there for long).

Let's give the boys some faith as if we can fix a few elements to our game I think you'll find we'll be looking at some amazing wins. There were 2 silly mistakes for our loss tonight and they could be avoided easily with better decision making:
- the kick off the second try - failure to communicate - I think people are happy to blame Moltzen but when it comes to things like that happening both players are at fault to a degree. Neither player made an effort to catch the ball in the end (I.e poor communication and decision making).
- Blair's double possession loss - I think he had a solid game but when he pretty much let the ball go and a poor decision not to pull out of the charge = momentum lost not to mention game being minimum 2 trys away from victory at that point.

I can see us stringing together a few in a row at least in the immediate future. Starting as the "team to beat" at the start of the season at least on paper (no pun intended on Blair )but seriously I can see us taking Melbourne off their throne if anyone. Confidence will help that and once we start playing committed football with a few wins behind us we'll look back on this and laugh so smile tigers fans. Support your team and watch what happens when the scale finally tips.
Flame if you want but you better have some damn good evidence

Yeh, theres always that very small thought at the back of my mind in times like this that things can change, have seen it before.
Why give up totally?
Im not, unless I dont wanna go to anymore games or watch anymore on TV
It'll turn, just when and for how long though Im not sure
The expectations lessen a little each week of a loss, maybe im not as passionate as some here, but its less stress and a little more comfort for me

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 11:26 am

The score flattered us last night...it was another poor performance by some players.

In my opinion there kicking game ,kick chase,was much better then ours.They put pressure on our kickers and at times wallace had time to have a cup of tea before kicking...

We again did over 350 tackles and only had 44% of the ball...you cant win games....even im starting to think now this year is going to be a major let down.

ayshford and lawrence were poor once again.MOLTZEN WAS BEYOND TERRIBLE

Rambo2714

Post by Rambo2714 » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 11:31 am

No doubt . I still have the highest level of confidence in The coaches and players . They will turn it around , last nights game and the Souths Game demonstrated to me that there is a lot of steel in this team.

Wests for life !

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 11:33 am

tiger4ever wrote:The score flattered us last night...it was another poor performance by some players.

In my opinion there kicking game ,kick chase,was much better then ours.They put pressure on our kickers and at times wallace had time to have a cup of tea before kicking...

We again did over 350 tackles and only had 44% of the ball...you cant win games....even im starting to think now this year is going to be a major let down.

ayshford and lawrence were poor once again.MOLTZEN WAS BEYOND TERRIBLE
Exactly, spot on.

We defended well and held them out but I dunno if it was just me, we never looked like we were in that game regardless of the score. The effort was there but the execution is just dreadful.

With 20 to go I said to my mate watch us score two late tries when the game is over to make it look close, low and behold.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 11:41 am

Yeah i thought the same thing.....i dont believe a coach that has coached 600 games doesn't know what everyone else knows....i believe its attitude...the body language wasn't good from our players....i like blair but that penalty that he give away after the last tackle was stupid.im starting to get worried and thats saying something

Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 1:40 pm

Yeah keep the faith in sheens
And while you are at it the tooth fairy, santa claus and harold holt winning the 4x100m IM at London
Jesus Christ are some of you really that deluded and/or thick ?

willow

Post by willow » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 1:45 pm

Pistol_Pete wrote:Yeah keep the faith in sheens
And while you are at it the tooth fairy, santa claus and harold holt winning the 4x100m IM at London
Jesus Christ are some of you really that deluded and/or thick ?
Take your agenda elsewhere. You've already made your intentions loud and clear, not that they will be tolerated for much longer given the dribble you've come up with so far.

gubbie

Post by gubbie » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 3:16 pm

Well said anthism i think played alot better especially in defence with robbie and keith

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 4:29 pm

At least its only our execution thats off.

And its poor atm.

We havent come close to clicking yet.

When we do Im expecting plenty of wins.

PS...origin may help us this year as I dont see us having any candidates.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 5:42 pm

How can anyone give up already ? The seasons only just started ! We are the sort of team that only has to make the 8 to win it. What odds were we half way through 2005 ? 100/1 ???

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 6:56 pm

we were 66/1 at the absolute worst.