Faith in Sheens and the boys

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast:
MightyMaggy

Re: Faith in Sheens and the boys

Post by MightyMaggy » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 7:12 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:We should be 0 and 6 and you think we are going to win 7 in a row? I can't understand how you can be so optimistic.

We have gone on winning streaks in the past but that has absolutely nothing to do with this year. We have:

- The worst kicking game in the comp.
- No halfback
- No fullback
- Close to the worst back three in the comp on current form (Ryan an exception)
- A complete inability to stop opposition offloads
- Zero organistion in attack

Now you can call me negative and a death rider if you like, but tell me where I am wrong?

As for injuries, we don't have it worse than many other teams. We currently only have Ellis, Utai and Tedesco unavailable. Heighington got injured but he is no loss on current form and Groat may miss a week.

Sheens will blame injuries but had he not gone into the season knowingly two props short we could have handled it better. But that's always the issue. Other teams handle it better. Last year we handled out injuries well, but we lost a lot of depth this year and won't be able to cover it as effectively.
You have nailed it except for one other thing in my view. We lack a captain, who can command the respect of the players and make sure we use the tactics required by the game situation.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:05 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:The score flattered us last night...it was another poor performance by some players.

In my opinion there kicking game ,kick chase,was much better then ours.They put pressure on our kickers and at times wallace had time to have a cup of tea before kicking...

We again did over 350 tackles and only had 44% of the ball...you cant win games....even im starting to think now this year is going to be a major let down.

ayshford and lawrence were poor once again.MOLTZEN WAS BEYOND TERRIBLE
Exactly, spot on.

We defended well and held them out but I dunno if it was just me, we never looked like we were in that game regardless of the score. The effort was there but the execution is just dreadful.

With 20 to go I said to my mate watch us score two late tries when the game is over to make it look close, low and behold.
Agree with you both. Also, the Broncos were caned in the penalties and we still couldn't capitalise on it. This won't happen for us every week.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:44 pm

MightyMaggy wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:We should be 0 and 6 and you think we are going to win 7 in a row? I can't understand how you can be so optimistic.

We have gone on winning streaks in the past but that has absolutely nothing to do with this year. We have:

- No halfback
- No fullback

Now you can call me negative and a death rider if you like, but tell me where I am wrong?

As for injuries, we don't have it worse than many other teams. We currently only have Ellis, Utai and Tedesco unavailable. Heighington got injured but he is no loss on current form and Groat may miss a week.

Sheens will blame injuries but had he not gone into the season knowingly two props short we could have handled it better. But that's always the issue. Other teams handle it better. Last year we handled out injuries well, but we lost a lot of depth this year and won't be able to cover it as effectively.
You have nailed it except for one other thing in my view. We lack a captain, who can command the respect of the players and make sure we use the tactics required by the game situation.
Lots of wacky stuff doing the circuit here, but that would have to be the most ludicrous statement I've seen so far. What, they dont 'respect' him because he played an entire season with a chronic injury? Broke his nose three games running? Makes his and another forwards tackle quota every week?

You must be a fan of Matty Johns then? That would make sense

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 12:26 am

Citizen Tiger wrote:
MightyMaggy wrote:

- No halfback
- No fullback

Lots of wacky stuff doing the circuit here, but that would have to be the most ludicrous statement I've seen so far. What, they dont 'respect' him because he played an entire season with a chronic injury? Broke his nose three games running? Makes his and another forwards tackle quota every week?

None of those are marks of a great captain or a great leader.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 12:36 am

underdog wrote:we were 66/1 at the absolute worst.

After the Brisbane game in 05 you could get 150-1 Underdog Trust me I still give the Missus a hard time as I wanted to put 50 on and she said it was a waste of money :cry: :brick:

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 12:46 am

Knuckles wrote:How can anyone give up already ? The seasons only just started ! We are the sort of team that only has to make the 8 to win it. What odds were we half way through 2005 ? 100/1 ???
2005 was SEVEN years ago.

Why does everyone keep bringing up the past? Look at the present.

In 2005 we had a halfback and a fullback.

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 12:58 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Knuckles wrote:How can anyone give up already ? The seasons only just started ! We are the sort of team that only has to make the 8 to win it. What odds were we half way through 2005 ? 100/1 ???

Anyone who brings up 2005 should be banned from any match forum or threads from 2006 onwards.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 1:23 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:

We got out of the blocks a lot quicker as well winning 3 of our first 4 games. Like you pointed out, people seem to be using the past as inspiration, but the reality is we've never started a season 1 from 6. I know in 07 we lost our first 4 from memory and only won our first game of the yr from a Marshall penalty goal in GP against strangely enough the Sharks. So far this season has been almost parallel with the 07 season and we all know how that season finished

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 6:59 am

I thought the fans at the game said it all. We stayed and gave the team a standing ovation as they left the park on Fri night. Why? Because, we saw guts and effort. A 2-man rotation against a 4-man rotation and a huge side like the Broncos. The best thing about going to a game is that you make your own assessment of what you see before you. Not one that is coloured by the bias and media affiliations of so-called "experts" in commentary. I couldn'g give a flying fig what Gus or Rabs or Ray or Morrow or Matty Johns think. I don't lower my intellect enough to even listen to them. What I saw was a red hot go by our boys, just as it was against Souths last week. Sure, there were mistakes and stuff ups that cost us big time, but things like that can be minimised over time. How about we spend more time paying respect and giving encouragement to our boys, and less time looking for the killer analytical point to make on here for our own narcissistic pleasure. So, good on you for starting a positive thread like this one. Sheen and the team deserve our support. And, to all the doomsdayers out there who post ad-nauseum about the negatives...what if you're right?

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 7:34 am

All I'm saying is the signs are there, if we fix a few little aspects of our game during the next few weeks against teams where we have a far better contest - I have no doubt we will dominate the next few rounds if we come out from the blocks the way we have the last two games. Those saying we have no half or full back, seriously give the halves a chance to get some synergy. It honestly doesn't happen over night - especially when you have to rely on competition games to get experience in what works and doesn't work.
If Moltzen gets his confidence back he'll be as fine as ever and it will happen over the next few rounds I assure you.
And are you seriously putting down Farah as captain? Where have you seen a lack of respect for Robbie? Leading by example is probably one of the greatest attributes of a captain.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Mighty Tigers

Post by Mighty Tigers » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 7:53 am

We have no half back I agree Moltz will come good. I don't agree its a lack of synergy i just don't think Humble has the set of skill required.His kicking game? Running at the line?step ?organizational skills? Ability to read play?Double pumps keeping the opposition guessing?Calling plays?. All very questionable. We need some body with the skills to develop.I'm not bagging Humble I think he makes a good contribution just not the one we need to win games. Benji needs help.He can't be the be all and end all. With a good 7 Benji could just inject himself into the game when appropriate. We are to predictable.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 8:01 am

Sataris wrote:
Citizen Tiger wrote:
MightyMaggy wrote:

- No halfback
- No fullback

None of those are marks of a great captain or a great leader.
Nonsense, the capacity to lead by example is perhaps the core characteristic required of a captain. Farah's communication with refs is good, but that's interpreted by some as being a whinger, particularly by those game shapers at the Telegraph. He's a key playmaker, has brilliant skills and a great work ethic. The game plan may be ignored at times, but there's not a captain alive that's ever scored 10/10 on that score

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 8:29 am

Mighty Tigers wrote:We have no half back I agree Moltz will come good. I don't agree its a lack of synergy i just don't think Humble has the set of skill required.His kicking game? Running at the line?step ?organizational skills? Ability to read play?Double pumps keeping the opposition guessing?Calling plays?. All very questionable. We need some body with the skills to develop.I'm not bagging Humble I think he makes a good contribution just not the one we need to win games. Benji needs help.He can't be the be all and end all. With a good 7 Benji could just inject himself into the game when appropriate. We are to predictable.
I agree but some of those things will come in time its hard to have that control and confidence amongst the team though when you're in your first year at a new club. Injecting yourself is difficult when some of these players have been playing together for so long and the obvious target is Marshall

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

1974semifinal

Post by 1974semifinal » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 9:38 am

- No halfback
- No fullback

Right, he booted Gibbs and Fifita and Toddy retired also. He has Junior Moors and wont play him , those brothers who were bench players have disappeared and Matt Hyland who I thought was in the Firsts squad has gone.