Moltzen

ImageImageImage
Knuckles

Re: Moltzen

Post by Knuckles » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:19 pm

Played with a lot more confidence today ... Will build on that.

steven_tiger

Post by steven_tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:29 pm

RUN. HARD. AND. STRAIGHT!

That is all.

:deadhorse:

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:31 pm

king sirro wrote:
Irvine wrote:
king sirro wrote:
softlaw wrote:talk about moltzen being a great support player is a myth.
the only player he supports is Benji.
Every game this year Woods has made a couple of halfbreaks and offloads. He's the obvious forward for a fullback to sniff around behind. I don;t remember one instance this season where moltzen has been there ready amd waiting to take the pass, hit the jets and make a break.
He supports Marshall and noone else.
Normally id agree 100%...but today he scored after a break made by someone else and i said to my wife..."thats what you want from your fullback...a front rower made a break and the fullback was their in support"....so i think he must be working on it.
Do you have to watch the football with your wife ? OK sorry, what were we talking about ohh Moltzen.

Lawrence looked to be playing the role of Moltzen this week.
Dont have too, but when u marry a Balmain girl who grew up on footy and dad played grade it makes life sooo much better....bonus for me Irvy....eat your heart out brother.
Lots of women watch the football, Irvine, or haven't you been to any games lately?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:36 pm

Big improvement. He even did some ok things last week, its just the big errors that have been killing his game. I dont remember him making any mistakes tonight and he supported well again. I was very happy to see him attack the ball on a few occasions.

I get the feeling that a lot of people on here want him to do badly. He's been all over the place (sometimes good but lots of bad) for a while in my books but I always hope he plays well for the sake of the team.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:55 pm

Played well today. Did the little things right which was important. Just needs more work on his support and kick returns.

Would be happy if he played like that every week.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:59 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:Moltzen is a talented footballer, has a host of skills. You needn't feel obliged to balance any ledger just because the whining, petulant, abusive few persist with their superficial nonsense
X2

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 10:05 pm

Moltzen for PM!

Priest

Post by Priest » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 10:09 pm

Gee he can be soft though. Loves getting tackled, not. Daniela gets him around the laces and he carries on like he'd busted something...

brk53y

Post by brk53y » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 10:16 pm

claws wrote:Was TM the only Weststiger to crab side ways? I think not! Why don't the whingers bag the other crabs out. Thats right, there is only one TM. Personally, I thought he had quite a good game. TM put himself in a position two score 2 tries today, others did not. Congratulations on a good game.
He is the one that gets our set started on a kick return. The good fullbacks look to make as many metres as they can, help the forwards out. He is too busy crabbing sideways looking to pass to beau or lote, where he should be running straight so our forwards don't have to come back as far. A poor kick return often turns into a poor set.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 10:19 pm

brk53y wrote:
claws wrote:Was TM the only Weststiger to crab side ways? I think not! Why don't the whingers bag the other crabs out. Thats right, there is only one TM. Personally, I thought he had quite a good game. TM put himself in a position two score 2 tries today, others did not. Congratulations on a good game.
He is the one that gets our set started on a kick return. The good fullbacks look to make as many metres as they can, help the forwards out. He is too busy crabbing sideways looking to pass to beau or lote, where he should be running straight so our forwards don't have to come back as far. A poor kick return often turns into a poor set.

This.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 12:40 am

He is a good front runner Moltzen. A little bit like a "flat track bully" in cricket. When we are toying with the opposition he generally chimes in some great pieces of pace and finishing.

Not that that is a problem. One thing I do like about him, is he has SPEED, something none of our other outside backs seem to offer at the moment. None of them can run way from people. Moltzen can. In a team that is pretty pedestrian outside of Marshall and Farah we need him using that speed and putting points on the scoreboard.

Im more worried about his efforts in tight games, against dominant sides when fullbacks have to show more then speed and skill. They have to show courage, work rate, defence and what not.

Nice performance, but we have seen that before from Tim.

rossop

Post by rossop » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 7:01 am

Hope its the start of a great season for him and the team.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 7:41 am

He will get in form so will the tigers come on fire up !!!!

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 11:29 pm

Hope they line up

Bell, Moors, BMM, Woods and have Moltzen run the ball back at them.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 11:57 pm

cusschops wrote:
Citizen Tiger wrote:Moltzen is a talented footballer, has a host of skills. You needn't feel obliged to balance any ledger just because the whining, petulant, abusive few persist with their superficial nonsense
X2
Thank you Mum and Dad.

dermo

Post by dermo » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 12:06 am

I remember when Tim was moved from Half to fullback a few weeks ago Sheens mentioned something about him talking more in defence, I have a feeling that could have something to do with our improvements in defence.

Also while I love watching a fullback run the ball back as hard as they can, lets be realistic if Tim does that everytime chances are hes going to get put on his ass everytime and that will result in a slow play the ball and the chance for the opposition to set a good defensive line. If he could change something in the way he returns it would be to use his speed and try and take on the defenders on the outside.

Properossi

Post by Properossi » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 12:10 am

It would be great if Hodgo came back to the club and worked with him to teach him the way of Magpie and the Tiger? If only he had the commitment and heart of him too! Definitely has the potential!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 7:22 am

dermo wrote:I remember when Tim was moved from Half to fullback a few weeks ago Sheens mentioned something about him talking more in defence, I have a feeling that could have something to do with our improvements in defence.

Also while I love watching a fullback run the ball back as hard as they can, lets be realistic if Tim does that everytime chances are hes going to get put on his ass everytime and that will result in a slow play the ball and the chance for the opposition to set a good defensive line. If he could change something in the way he returns it would be to use his speed and try and take on the defenders on the outside.
Thats when you use that thing called a side step ,swerve ,change of pace No reason you can't hit the line at speed

Many fullbacks before him have used these skills why can't he ??