Moltzen

ImageImageImage
southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4381
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Moltzen

Post by southerntiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:07 pm

People are quick to put the boot in when he has a poor game so I thought he deserved a special mention today. Not a perfect performance but took some tough bombs and bounced back from last week. Good work Tim.


wasabi
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat 24 Mar, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by wasabi » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:10 pm

Yea i agree i put the boot in last week but today he showed some guts he must of read my thread


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

brk53y
Member
Member
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed 29 Feb, 2012 7:56 pm

Post by brk53y » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:10 pm

southerntiger wrote:People are quick to put the boot in when he has a poor game so I thought he deserved a special mention today. Not a perfect performance but took some tough bombs and bounced back from last week. Good work Tim.
Definitely an improvement over the last few weeks. Still doesn't look really confident to me and I really wish he would stop running sideways looking to pass to his winger on kick returns


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:11 pm

Actually I thought he was pretty rubbish.
Summed up by taking the long kick and then running backwards to get smashed by Lewis.
He caught one good bomb and that was about it.
Yes he scored 2 tries but not through any skill or ability of his own.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

bbobb
Member
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by bbobb » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:13 pm

Credit to him but why does he crab across the field on kick returns?

It really effects the start our set of six


Citizen Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat 18 Jul, 2009 10:10 am

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:14 pm

Moltzen is a talented footballer, has a host of skills. You needn't feel obliged to balance any ledger just because the whining, petulant, abusive few persist with their superficial nonsense

tiger-stripes
Member
Member
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon 02 Apr, 2012 6:39 am

Post by tiger-stripes » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:16 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:Moltzen is a talented footballer, has a host of skills. You needn't feel obliged to balance any ledger just because the whining, petulant, abusive few persist with their superficial nonsense
Well in


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
Mad Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Mad Tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:17 pm

His support play is top notch... The rest of his game still has alot to go, He will always look good when we play well and have good momentum...

User avatar
Irvine
Member
Member
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by Irvine » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:18 pm

Anything after last weeks Z grade display would look better. Not a fullback. Doesn't want to return the ball.

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:20 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:Moltzen is a talented footballer, has a host of skills. You needn't feel obliged to balance any ledger just because the whining, petulant, abusive few persist with their superficial nonsense

CT so articulate with your bombastic terminology.....

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

He was passable today. Still shouldn't be playing fullback.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

georgebeema
Member
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon 02 Apr, 2012 10:03 pm

Post by georgebeema » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:32 pm

Moltzen's display was as per the rest of the team. Better but still alot of improvement needed.

Accept for Woods who has been a true highlight this year. Just keeps giving more.

Loved the offloads , hope to see more


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27532
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:35 pm

Yeh he was much better today than he has been, but he wouldnt have wanted to be worse.
Needs a good kick in the pants for that bat on he performed late in the game.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:35 pm

I supported Moltzen last week and im happy to continue that supoort for him for our next game. However, if im to be fair and honest, their was one thing today that really made me question him.

If you watch the game again, check out the 11th minute. He takes 2 runs in the set but the first run is the one im worried about. He gets a ball in an awkward position and has to take a tough tackle. Man....i thought he was going to cry. Taking to poor ball and the tough tackle is sooooooo important, but the kid dead set was filthy at having to take the hit. He needs to get this out of his game. He needs to stop watching the good plays by the likes of Slater and Thurston and co, and start watching how many times these guys take the hit. You have to take a few hits to get the cream....thats what he needs to learn.

Besides that, the guy has looked very sharp in attack, and if he can toughen up, he will explode.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:37 pm

talk about moltzen being a great support player is a myth.
the only player he supports is Benji.
Every game this year Woods has made a couple of halfbreaks and offloads. He's the obvious forward for a fullback to sniff around behind. I don;t remember one instance this season where moltzen has been there ready amd waiting to take the pass, hit the jets and make a break.
He supports Marshall and noone else.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27532
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:38 pm

Noticed that KS....gave Fulton the filthiest look....really sooky sometimes.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:47 pm

softlaw wrote:talk about moltzen being a great support player is a myth.
the only player he supports is Benji.
Every game this year Woods has made a couple of halfbreaks and offloads. He's the obvious forward for a fullback to sniff around behind. I don;t remember one instance this season where moltzen has been there ready amd waiting to take the pass, hit the jets and make a break.
He supports Marshall and noone else.
Normally id agree 100%...but today he scored after a break made by someone else and i said to my wife..."thats what you want from your fullback...a front rower made a break and the fullback was their in support"....so i think he must be working on it.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
Irvine
Member
Member
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by Irvine » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:57 pm

king sirro wrote:
softlaw wrote:talk about moltzen being a great support player is a myth.
the only player he supports is Benji.
Every game this year Woods has made a couple of halfbreaks and offloads. He's the obvious forward for a fullback to sniff around behind. I don;t remember one instance this season where moltzen has been there ready amd waiting to take the pass, hit the jets and make a break.
He supports Marshall and noone else.
Normally id agree 100%...but today he scored after a break made by someone else and i said to my wife..."thats what you want from your fullback...a front rower made a break and the fullback was their in support"....so i think he must be working on it.
Do you have to watch the football with your wife ? OK sorry, what were we talking about ohh Moltzen.

Lawrence looked to be playing the role of Moltzen this week.

Post Reply