Moltzen

ImageImageImage
southerntiger

Moltzen

Post by southerntiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:07 pm

People are quick to put the boot in when he has a poor game so I thought he deserved a special mention today. Not a perfect performance but took some tough bombs and bounced back from last week. Good work Tim.

wasabi

Post by wasabi » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:10 pm

Yea i agree i put the boot in last week but today he showed some guts he must of read my thread

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

brk53y

Post by brk53y » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:10 pm

southerntiger wrote:People are quick to put the boot in when he has a poor game so I thought he deserved a special mention today. Not a perfect performance but took some tough bombs and bounced back from last week. Good work Tim.
Definitely an improvement over the last few weeks. Still doesn't look really confident to me and I really wish he would stop running sideways looking to pass to his winger on kick returns

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:11 pm

Actually I thought he was pretty rubbish.
Summed up by taking the long kick and then running backwards to get smashed by Lewis.
He caught one good bomb and that was about it.
Yes he scored 2 tries but not through any skill or ability of his own.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:13 pm

Credit to him but why does he crab across the field on kick returns?

It really effects the start our set of six

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:14 pm

Moltzen is a talented footballer, has a host of skills. You needn't feel obliged to balance any ledger just because the whining, petulant, abusive few persist with their superficial nonsense

tiger-stripes

Post by tiger-stripes » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:16 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:Moltzen is a talented footballer, has a host of skills. You needn't feel obliged to balance any ledger just because the whining, petulant, abusive few persist with their superficial nonsense
Well in

Mad Tiger

Post by Mad Tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:17 pm

His support play is top notch... The rest of his game still has alot to go, He will always look good when we play well and have good momentum...

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:18 pm

Anything after last weeks Z grade display would look better. Not a fullback. Doesn't want to return the ball.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:20 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:Moltzen is a talented footballer, has a host of skills. You needn't feel obliged to balance any ledger just because the whining, petulant, abusive few persist with their superficial nonsense

CT so articulate with your bombastic terminology.....

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

He was passable today. Still shouldn't be playing fullback.

georgebeema

Post by georgebeema » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:32 pm

Moltzen's display was as per the rest of the team. Better but still alot of improvement needed.

Accept for Woods who has been a true highlight this year. Just keeps giving more.

Loved the offloads , hope to see more

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:35 pm

Yeh he was much better today than he has been, but he wouldnt have wanted to be worse.
Needs a good kick in the pants for that bat on he performed late in the game.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:35 pm

I supported Moltzen last week and im happy to continue that supoort for him for our next game. However, if im to be fair and honest, their was one thing today that really made me question him.

If you watch the game again, check out the 11th minute. He takes 2 runs in the set but the first run is the one im worried about. He gets a ball in an awkward position and has to take a tough tackle. Man....i thought he was going to cry. Taking to poor ball and the tough tackle is sooooooo important, but the kid dead set was filthy at having to take the hit. He needs to get this out of his game. He needs to stop watching the good plays by the likes of Slater and Thurston and co, and start watching how many times these guys take the hit. You have to take a few hits to get the cream....thats what he needs to learn.

Besides that, the guy has looked very sharp in attack, and if he can toughen up, he will explode.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:37 pm

talk about moltzen being a great support player is a myth.
the only player he supports is Benji.
Every game this year Woods has made a couple of halfbreaks and offloads. He's the obvious forward for a fullback to sniff around behind. I don;t remember one instance this season where moltzen has been there ready amd waiting to take the pass, hit the jets and make a break.
He supports Marshall and noone else.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:38 pm

Noticed that KS....gave Fulton the filthiest look....really sooky sometimes.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:47 pm

softlaw wrote:talk about moltzen being a great support player is a myth.
Every game this year Woods has made a couple of halfbreaks and offloads. He's the obvious forward for a fullback to sniff around behind. I don;t remember one instance this season where moltzen has been there ready amd waiting to take the pass, hit the jets and make a break.
Normally id agree 100%...but today he scored after a break made by someone else and i said to my wife..."thats what you want from your fullback...a front rower made a break and the fullback was their in support"....so i think he must be working on it.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:57 pm

king sirro wrote:
softlaw wrote:talk about moltzen being a great support player is a myth.
Normally id agree 100%...but today he scored after a break made by someone else and i said to my wife..."thats what you want from your fullback...a front rower made a break and the fullback was their in support"....so i think he must be working on it.
Do you have to watch the football with your wife ? OK sorry, what were we talking about ohh Moltzen.

Lawrence looked to be playing the role of Moltzen this week.