Moltzen

ImageImageImage
king sirro

Re: Moltzen

Post by king sirro » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:03 pm

Irvine wrote:
king sirro wrote:
softlaw wrote:talk about moltzen being a great support player is a myth.
the only player he supports is Benji.
Every game this year Woods has made a couple of halfbreaks and offloads. He's the obvious forward for a fullback to sniff around behind. I don;t remember one instance this season where moltzen has been there ready amd waiting to take the pass, hit the jets and make a break.
He supports Marshall and noone else.
Normally id agree 100%...but today he scored after a break made by someone else and i said to my wife..."thats what you want from your fullback...a front rower made a break and the fullback was their in support"....so i think he must be working on it.
Do you have to watch the football with your wife ? OK sorry, what were we talking about ohh Moltzen.

Lawrence looked to be playing the role of Moltzen this week.
Dont have too, but when u marry a Balmain girl who grew up on footy and dad played grade it makes life sooo much better....bonus for me Irvy....eat your heart out brother.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:10 pm

Played ok today, but still not a fullback. A bench player at best.

Jay

Post by Jay » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:15 pm

I thought he looked average, wouldn't want to be much worse than that. Still, it's an improvement - i guess. He wasn't hit with bombs like last week. Hopefully this gives him confidence to improve for next game :) Could do.

izotope

Post by izotope » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:25 pm

i thought he played very well.

Defensive position was good, attack was good as per normal, bomb taking was pretty good.

Just don't like the crab runs sideways.
tigers!

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:46 pm

A much improved performance. Well done to the young man.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

DJZ

Post by DJZ » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:53 pm

Much better improved game today..... But he will get there.... Confidence is any players best friend, he looked to have a little bit today

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:12 pm

Moltzen showed a little bit of an improvement ( he didn't knock the ball on 5m out from our line) but he seems to be lacking any confidence when he run the ball up. My 12 daughter yells out run it up straight this time every he gets the ball.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:19 pm

I don't understand why he ambers back after catching a kick then leaves himself in a postion to be lined up and hammered for no good reason happened a couple of times.I still think Ryan is the one for number 1.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:23 pm

Irvine wrote:
king sirro wrote:
softlaw wrote:talk about moltzen being a great support player is a myth.
the only player he supports is Benji.
Every game this year Woods has made a couple of halfbreaks and offloads. He's the obvious forward for a fullback to sniff around behind. I don;t remember one instance this season where moltzen has been there ready amd waiting to take the pass, hit the jets and make a break.
He supports Marshall and noone else.
Normally id agree 100%...but today he scored after a break made by someone else and i said to my wife..."thats what you want from your fullback...a front rower made a break and the fullback was their in support"....so i think he must be working on it.
Do you have to watch the football with your wife
Yeh he does....she wont let him attend games :lol: riff raff fans and all....

Sorry KS couldnt resist ;)

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:28 pm

Credit where it is due to Moltzen who showed improvement today albeit against a poor opposition, the test will be against quality opposition.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:30 pm

He was good today, not great, but good.
Took a number of kicks on the full and scored a double, not a bad start.
By no means perfect but pretty good.

cuzzo

Post by cuzzo » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:32 pm

I'd wish Sheens would give him a highlights reel of B Slater. Tim stop running sideways & start our set with meters going forward, could you also please stop wincing everytime you get tackled after half a break & give us a quick play the ball. And while I'm at it look to make the conversion angle better when you score. It looks like your more concerned about getting to the celebration / show boating to the crowd.
***This is not Wayne Cousins***

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:33 pm

Improved. Hope he keeeps improving every single outing

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:53 pm

Ink....id say u refer to the dogs state cup....fair play lol
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:58 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:Moltzen is a talented footballer, has a host of skills. You needn't feel obliged to balance any ledger just because the whining, petulant, abusive few persist with their superficial nonsense
X2
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:07 pm

Geez we have a problem with our half...we dont have one....and that means Benji dominates and handles the ball too much...I say its time to give Miller his REAL opportunity...next 4 games at #7 with Humble playing 14.

Common Sheens you need a halfback and you don't have one!...this year at least.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:12 pm

Supports Benji well, never in doubt about that, but needs to work on supporting more than just Benji. He was much better today, but he's still got a way to go to get back into the sort of form that he finished last year in. Not sold on his kick returns though, he just lacks that grunt and willingness to really launch himself at the opposition.

claws

Post by claws » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:15 pm

Was TM the only Weststiger to crab side ways? I think not! Why don't the whingers bag the other crabs out. Thats right, there is only one TM. Personally, I thought he had quite a good game. TM put himself in a position two score 2 tries today, others did not. Congratulations on a good game.