Thoughts on the game

ImageImageImage
TIGER

Thoughts on the game

Post by TIGER » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:12 pm

Notes and thoughts while watching
Penrith = Bad real bad
Woods Ryan Cashmere = Good. Blair still average.
Benji kicking = Worse than crap.
Defence was good against an attack that was in effective and most of the time non existent.
Lote ordinary (not enough involvement)
Lawrence not a 5/8 and should never even be considered one.
We play any other team today and we lose by 20.
Humble may not be the most gifted or the answer at no 7 but he has the biggest heart.
Lewis still makes us look ordinary which is what we are.

Mad Tiger

Post by Mad Tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:26 pm

A Few harsh calls there..

Blair was MUCH better today
Lote was also MUCH better today and i think will get better with more gametime..
I felt we played within ourselves today, no point trying to be to fancy just get the job done...
Remember we've played average teams like this in the past and been beaten, Today we did something we've NEVER done before... Hold a team to ZERO
Lewis is a top class player and does that to alot of teams

Overall it wasnt a brilliant performance but geez some people are hard to please...

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:36 pm

Re watch that game remembering that Penrith are real bad with a full team let alone the side they fielded.
I watched sunny coast v manly wynnum yesterday and both of those sides would of beat Penrith today.

Keeping them to nil is no real achievement imo, they were awful and never put us under any pressure or looked threatening at any stage other than when Lewis touched the ball, have a look at how many mins they have gone without scoring a try.
They handed us the ball on numerous occasions and their defence was poor to say the least.
The 2 tries off the flat pass from Benji wouldn't of been scored against a decent team, i've seen him throw that pass 100 times and 90% of the time it's read by the d.
We got to 18 nil and stayed there for a very long time and if we played any other side would of let them back in the game like we always do and nearly did, it was only Penrith handing us the ball and basic poor attack which was why that didn't happen

My biggest concern is our kicking or more so Benjis kicking, it is beyond bad!!

Like i said, if we would of played a half decent side today we would of got pumped no doubt in my mind.

Don't let the scoreboard distract you from the major flaws that still exist in this team, and if Sheens is any sort of a coach hopefully he'll be letting them all know that wasn't us winning it was Penrith losing and losing well.

barrytiger

Post by barrytiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:02 pm

My thoughts on the Game was how refreshing it was to see a tigers team who had real forwards actually going forward
and making plenty of metres every time they took the ball up Cashmere and Moors must be in the side every week