We kept them to 0

ImageImageImage
User avatar
RatedRKO
Member
Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:57 pm

We kept them to 0

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:15 pm

History was made, we finally held a team to 0. Let's hope we can do it again this season rather than wait another 12 years.

:sign:


User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:16 pm

Pretty crazy to achieve a record like that considering it was one of our worst starts to a season in our 12 year history.

The scramble defence today was awesome

User avatar
weststigers4life
Member
Member
Posts: 1313
Joined: Fri 17 Jun, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by weststigers4life » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:17 pm

Yes it's great,but let's not kid ourselves the panthers were riddled by injuries.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41153
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:17 pm

Hope we only keep a team to zero one more time this season

The first Sunday in October would be nice

tiger-stripes
Member
Member
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon 02 Apr, 2012 6:39 am

Post by tiger-stripes » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:20 pm

weststigers4life wrote:Yes it's great,but let's not kid ourselves the panthers were riddled by injuries.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
And we're not? Add in losing Farah after 13 mins and it's not like we rolled out our top 17 today either


Posted using RoarFEED 2012


Black Orange White
Member
Member
Posts: 1174
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:21 pm

At the 60 minute mark, I got really nervous. I was begging for them to be held to 0. I nearly got a heart attack when Blake Austin broke through.

User avatar
weststigers4life
Member
Member
Posts: 1313
Joined: Fri 17 Jun, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by weststigers4life » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:24 pm

tiger-stripes wrote:
weststigers4life wrote:Yes it's great,but let's not kid ourselves the panthers were riddled by injuries.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
And we're not? Add in losing Farah after 13 mins and it's not like we rolled out our top 17 today either


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
they lost burns as well,felt a bit hollow keeping an injury plague side to nil.lets keep things in perspective


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29569
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:26 pm

Was cursing Sterlo when he mentioned it with 10 to go....was all I could think of at the 50 min mark.
I can now finally forget that game against Parra in 04 where we won 18-2....the closest we came previously. One for the history books, been waiting a long time for this.

Eye of the Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by Eye of the Tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:27 pm

Didn't we beat the dogs in 05 56-2 or something like that?

Chief44
Member
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon 12 Sep, 2011 12:51 am
Location: Balmain

Post by Chief44 » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:31 pm

w0w!
Orange White Black

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29569
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:37 pm

Eye of the Tiger wrote:Didn't we beat the dogs in 05 56-2 or something like that?
Yeah we did ...I was at both games and personally the Parra one always comes to mind as our closest chance, dunno why

Eye of the Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by Eye of the Tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:43 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Eye of the Tiger wrote:Didn't we beat the dogs in 05 56-2 or something like that?
Yeah we did ...I was at both games and personally the Parra one always comes to mind as our closest chance, dunno why
Parra was our best chance you are right. I think in the bulldogs game they were up 2-0 then the flood gates opened

User avatar
tiger sean
Member
Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:34 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by tiger sean » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:48 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Eye of the Tiger wrote:Didn't we beat the dogs in 05 56-2 or something like that?
Yeah we did ...I was at both games and personally the Parra one always comes to mind as our closest chance, dunno why
Yeah I remember that game against Parra as well. All I can remember was parra being absolutely woeful.

Finally nice to hold a team to 0!

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:05 pm

I was watching Luke Walsh during the final play and at first I thought he was shaping for a field goal - my first thoughts were - DON'T YOU F*****G DARE!
Image

User avatar
RatedRKO
Member
Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:41 pm

Black Orange White wrote:At the 60 minute mark, I got really nervous. I was begging for them to be held to 0. I nearly got a heart attack when Blake Austin broke through.
underdog wrote:I was watching Luke Walsh during the final play and at first I thought he was shaping for a field goal - my first thoughts were - DON'T YOU F*****G DARE!
I was thinking the exact same things :lol:

I thought Austin was in to score, then he slipped. I was more happy winning 30-0 than I would have been 60-2.

angry ant
Member
Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:49 am

Post by angry ant » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:55 pm

innsaneink wrote:Was cursing Sterlo when he mentioned it with 10 to go....was all I could think of at the 50 min mark.
I can now finally forget that game against Parra in 04 where we won 18-2....the closest we came previously. One for the history books, been waiting a long time for this.

I remember you mentioning it in a forum post a few years ago and ever since then it has always stuck in my head, but have never seen to have gotten close.

How many times though did Penrith butcher a try!

Next record to break is becoming Minor Premiers. Hopefully one year!

User avatar
clifferdSH
Member
Member
Posts: 881
Joined: Fri 16 Sep, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by clifferdSH » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:58 pm

weststigers4life wrote:Yes it's great,but let's not kid ourselves the panthers were riddled by injuries.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Injuries or not, that is not an excuse. It's not the Tigers fault they were riddled with injuries. They all train together and get paid to do the same thing together..

User avatar
weststigers4life
Member
Member
Posts: 1313
Joined: Fri 17 Jun, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by weststigers4life » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:39 pm

clifferdSH wrote:
weststigers4life wrote:Yes it's great,but let's not kid ourselves the panthers were riddled by injuries.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Injuries or not, that is not an excuse. It's not the Tigers fault they were riddled with injuries. They all train together and get paid to do the same thing together..
Don't put words in my mouth,all I'm saying is we kept a very average side to nil.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Post Reply