We kept them to 0

Re: We kept them to 0

Post by Juro » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:22 pm

RatedRKO wrote:
Black Orange White wrote:At the 60 minute mark, I got really nervous. I was begging for them to be held to 0. I nearly got a heart attack when Blake Austin broke through.
underdog wrote:I was watching Luke Walsh during the final play and at first I thought he was shaping for a field goal - my first thoughts were - DON'T YOU F*****G DARE!
I was thinking the exact same things :lol:

I thought Austin was in to score, then he slipped. I was more happy winning 30-0 than I would have been 60-2.
Yeah, me too, especially the field goal that wasn't. Glad to finally have that monkey off our back. Don't know how long we'll have to wait for the other one - being top of the table after a regular season round...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Post by Knuckles » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:29 pm

Keeping a team to nil on their home ground is a fine achievement. As an ex-Magpie, I was on the wrong side of a nil scoreline plenty of times so good to get one back.

Post by Flippedy » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:40 pm

Yes, well done to the team - it's great to finally achieve that. But, geez didn't Penrith shoot themselves in the foot so many times. How could they have not scored with some of those line breaks they made close to our line? It was only their stupidity that kept them out really. I thought it was hard being a WT supporter, but the Penrith fans must really be doing it tough at the moment.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Post by rossop » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 7:10 am

Penrith are right out of form. Doncha feel bad for poor old Gus? I dont think there is another side in the comp we would have kept scoreless. It feels good to get a win but there is a long way to go.

Post by senexx » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 1:43 pm

Don't underestimate the lift in self-esteem it will give the club.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris