Chris Lawrence

ImageImageImage
Black Orange White

Chris Lawrence

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:42 pm

Not to sour on the win but he was by far the worst player in the field today. His runs were ineffective, his defense was average at best and he made park football errors. I don't know what is wrong with him, seing as he was the best center in the NRL at the end of last year. I don't know whats wrong with him, but he needs a kick up the backside. Hopefully he plays well for City.

Eye of the Tiger

Post by Eye of the Tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 6:45 pm

Looked good when playing center. but he is not a 5/8

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:41 pm

I reckon his niggles are a bit worse than people presume.

When he fielded the kick in the first half and started to streak down the field - I could have sworn I was watching a player in the legends of origin match - he looked very slow and very stiff, very out of touch.

I need to see a replay though, because I was at the game so it is a bit harder to tell.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 7:51 pm

Not sure why he was moved to lock or five-eighth but he struggled with it. He is a ball-runner, not a ball-player.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:11 pm

Something isnt right with Chris... He has too much class to be so far off on his timing.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:29 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Something isnt right with Chris... He has too much class to be so far off on his timing.

I agree, can't put my finger on what it is.

He is one of my favourites, every game I am waiting for him to explode down the sideline :( :(

Doesn't strike me as a player that would easily lose confidence, but at times he looks lost on the field.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 8:35 pm

He ended up playing in the 2nd row I think.
Definitely off his game. Congrat on making the city team tho.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:05 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Something isnt right with Chris... He has too much class to be so far off on his timing.
He's playing injured mate. Ideally needs a few weeks off but the way it's going, Rowdy will struggle to find good form this season. I'd like to see how he goes if he gets into open space, but I'm not seeing any spark so far.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:08 pm

Black Orange White wrote:Not to sour on the win but he was by far the worst player in the field today. His runs were ineffective, his defense was average at best and he made park football errors. I don't know what is wrong with him, seing as he was the best center in the NRL at the end of last year. I don't know whats wrong with him, but he needs a kick up the backside. Hopefully he plays well for City.
Hopefully he fails the medical and gets a two week break Might help a little bit

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:10 pm

Tiger 99 can you shed light on rowdy?
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

ashman

Post by ashman » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:46 pm

Good call, "Year of the Tiger", I was thinking the same thing.. I think we all love Chris and know his class and we just want to know that all is ok with him, maybe we do expect a bit much, especially when as a team, we are not firing. If anyone can confirm if poor Chrissy is just getting by injured or Is that hip and hamstring issue a long term battle that will always restrict him.. Is he still capable of explosive pace ?.. I think what we want to know is, Can and will Chris get back to the form we know he can achieve....Is it part mental/ physical or all of the above.. Hope he can carve up for City and cement an Origin place.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 9:55 pm

I think it just may be a confidence thing ... One good game is maybe all it takes.

I agree, it's sad to see one of our favorites really struggling.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 10:28 pm

Centaur wrote:I reckon his niggles are a bit worse than people presume.

When he fielded the kick in the first half and started to streak down the field - I could have sworn I was watching a player in the legends of origin match - he looked very slow and very stiff, very out of touch.

I need to see a replay though, because I was at the game so it is a bit harder to tell.
Your perception is correct - I watched it on TV and he definitely didn't look good bringing that ball back.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

cruzer

Post by cruzer » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:21 pm

Watch the game again and look very carefully, everytime he gets up to play the ball, he looks very awkward. Definitely looks like he's not 100% fit

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 12:47 am

I have watched the reply and there is no way he is anywhere close to 100% fit.

In the 18th minute Marshall puts in a 25 metre grubber in to the in goal area. Lawrence's chase is woeful, pedestrian, he looks like a shot duck. He is clearly in pain trying to run. His style looks terrible. He is limping and Blair is out pacing him. Then in the 19th minute Penrith make a counter attack 60 metres down field and he is just about the last one to get back into the line defending.

His passing game was woeful, his timing in runs is woeful. It looks like a real effort just to play the ball properly. I think he is really struggling with his hip or leg to some extent. The guy just can't stride out. His tackling is really hit and miss, he is all over the shop. He looks totally lost on the field.

I honestly though he would sort it out after, 2-3 weeks. His performances have been embarrassing for a guy of his calibre and class. Have a couple of weeks off Chris if your injured, your perofrmances are doing yourself or the team no justice.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 12:56 am

Eddie wrote:I have watched the reply and there is no way he is anywhere close to 100% fit.
I think it might be best to give him a few weeks off. We have a bye soon, with Titans and Parra before then. Could give him a month off to heal and have him back strong because at the moment he is hurting us and himself.

spearby

Post by spearby » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 3:00 am

i agree spot on chris has so much class there is some thing wrong .he is playing like he not interested

slacko

Post by slacko » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 5:00 am

cruzer wrote:Watch the game again and look very carefully, everytime he gets up to play the ball, he looks very awkward. Definitely looks like he's not 100% fit

He has always had an awkward looking play the ball.

eternal optimist.