Lote Tuqiri

ImageImageImage
AmericanHistoryX

Lote Tuqiri

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 11:30 am

he brings another dimension something to our side - i feel as though our players have a lot of time for him and respect him. I know he is still rusty but i dont think we can win the grand final without him and hope he re-signs for another year. And I got all this from the penrith game. But this is just my opinion - i know many of you will disagree - its just for me, if Lote is only average I would still want him in the team because of his stature in the game, his professionality and wisdom.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 11:45 am

Given the amount of games he has missed, I think he is where I would expect a player of his age to be. I expect him to get better as the season progresses.

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 11:47 am

He wasn't brilliant against Penrith, but I think the massive strapping on his arm is playing havoc with him catching the ball, and maintaining ball security. But you can see him talk to the troops on the field, and they listen, and he has fantastic magnetism with the fans. He looked completely blown though when he hit the ball up again a couple of tackles later... :mrgreen:

Incidentally, The TV commentators got it wrong when they said Lote Dummied to no-one -

I was on the other side of the field, and behind the play when the break was made, and Chris Lawrence ran in behind him, and I could see him make a call to Lote which is where he dummies to.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 12:11 pm

I was sitting at the northern end of the field, and the amount of Tigers fans giving it to Lote was disgraceful. For some reason when Benji sprayed the ball backwards and it passed two metres behind Tuqiri in the first half, they were giving it Lote deluxe.

Wish some would lay off him, he looks short of a gallop and his wrist would still be giving him grief but he hasn't been our worst this season. Class is permanent and he'll be in top form for the big games if he stays injury free.

Hope he scores a treble next week and shuts everyone up.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 12:16 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:I was sitting at the northern end of the field, and the amount of Tigers fans giving it to Lote was disgraceful. For some reason when Benji sprayed the ball backwards and it passed two metres behind Tuqiri in the first half, they were giving it Lote deluxe.

Wish some would lay off him, he looks short of a gallop and his wrist would still be giving him grief but he hasn't been our worst this season. Class is permanent and he'll be in top form for the big games if he stays injury free.

Me, too. I thought he went well enough to be there next week, which will help him back to fitness.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm a big fan of Tuqiri and I believe he will get back to his best but it will be a couple of months away. I also think he brings something special to the team which will be more apparent when he does get back to form.

But, to be honest I think he is really out of condition, and I can't understand how this has been allowed to happen. I could understand if he was a little lighter in the upper body after having the wrist injury but when he ran onto the field against the bunnies I couldn't believe the size of him - and it wasn't muscle! He had muffin tops over his shorts!

I always thought Lote was the consumate professional but I wonder at how he and the staff did not keep on top of this during his rehab. He will get back to his fantastic best but this has delayed his return to form for sure.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 1:15 pm

Love Lote, when he's hot he is hot, but when he's not :(

Same as Benji !!
Bull

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 1:17 pm

Maybe he just needs a snickers bar...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 8:24 pm

Thought he played well against panthers he ran hard made big meters broke or pushed through tackles and was good catching -it's what a wingers meant to do plus he set up that run beautifully

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 8:31 pm

boonboon wrote:Thought he played well against panthers he ran hard made big meters broke or pushed through tackles and was good catching -it's what a wingers meant to do plus he set up that run beautifully
Yeah i just finished watching the second half of the game and i thought as the game went on he seemed to be growing in confidence. Barring injury i think the old Lote will be coming to the fore over the next month.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 8:37 pm

With more games under his belt and match fitness I am happy with Lote to be in the side, his confidence is coming back you can see it.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 8:38 pm

The amount of strapping on his arms is crazy

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 8:44 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:I was sitting at the northern end of the field, and the amount of Tigers fans giving it to Lote was disgraceful. For some reason when Benji sprayed the ball backwards and it passed two metres behind Tuqiri in the first half, they were giving it Lote deluxe.

I hate his sort of crap, total disrespect! The man has achieved more at club, state and international level, in 2 different codes, than these idiots will probably ever achieve in their lifetimes. We should feel privileged to have him in our team.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 8:44 pm

I know this is off topic but why are our fans giving it to blokes like Lote ,Blair and Moltzen The are OUR players guys and despite what your thoughts are about them they are giving 100% for the club and want exactly what we want for the club

I wish my old man was sitting behind the people giving it to their own players

He wouldn't give a toss , would give you a clip behind the ear and tell you to show some respect and if you didn't like that ....... :shock: :deadhorse:

:sign:

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 10:29 pm

Lote has obviously been a great player and hopefully he is going to get back to his best as the season goes on. But gee, his hands are letting him down big time at the moment.

senexx

Post by senexx » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 1:29 pm

I'll give Lote another game before I make a judgement.

He has been an asset coming off our own line but so far seems to have offered little.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

monkey

Post by monkey » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 2:10 pm

Love the guy but I think he is a few runs short to be at his best he looked alittle slow tryin to pick the ball up

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 8:32 pm

2nd row for the lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!